Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Jun 20, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #2,581 of 4,108
@Andykong thanks for the replies here. Very informative. Any thoughts on when the lyrics issue I reported and you confirmed will be resolved? Hopefully on the next release.

Listening to it now and am staring at a bunch of time stamps when there should be lyrics.

Thanks Andy!

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #2,582 of 4,108
@Andykong thanks for the replies here. Very informative. Any thoughts on when the lyrics issue I reported and you confirmed will be resolved? Hopefully on the next release.

Listening to it now and am staring at a bunch of time stamps when there should be lyrics.

Thanks Andy!

Yes, we have reviewed the case, we should be able to resolve this through a firmware update. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 21, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #2,584 of 4,108
I do have another question for Andy or anybody with insight. I read in a more recent thread on head fi that the modified version of Android that the n5ii uses doesn't allow users to download tidal content to an external so card. Is this actually the case that the n5ii blocks apps from recognizing external ad cards?

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #2,585 of 4,108
I do have another question for Andy or anybody with insight. I read in a more recent thread on head fi that the modified version of Android that the n5ii uses doesn't allow users to download tidal content to an external so card. Is this actually the case that the n5ii blocks apps from recognizing external ad cards?

I have explained the problem previously:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...tal-audio-player.862763/page-73#post-13991523

The situation remain unchanged, I have sent them an email to alert them but Tidal has done nothing along this line so far.

We have release the storage access right to third party applications and other streaming app such as Spotify can select offline download location is a prove of that. For reason that we can't figure out from our part, up to this moment, Tidal couldn't recognize the TF cards in N5ii and assume the internal storage as the only storage option available. This is very different from what you have described.

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #2,586 of 4,108
Base on the last firmware progress report I received, the USB Audio issue is still ongoing. We start to deploy resources back to this issue after we released v3.2en, make some progress but no significant achievement till two weeks ago. Our target is to solve this problem by end of June.

Hi @CayinSupport @Andykong ,
Have you made a progress and solved the isssue related with USB Audio? It is almost the end of June. We'd like to hear some details about the current status, if possible..

Jun 25, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #2,588 of 4,108
Hi @CayinSupport @Andykong ,
Have you made a progress and solved the isssue related with USB Audio? It is almost the end of June. We'd like to hear some details about the current status, if possible..

Sad to report, we make some progress, but not enough. We tried various options but still couldn't resolve the excessive noise issue in USB Audio completely, we managed to improved the compatibility while we investigate our bottom layer of USB related coding, but the noise issue is still remain Work in Progress status.

Jun 25, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #2,589 of 4,108
is it possible to use TF cards as storage for spotify? i keep loosing my files after reboot

That's strange, this is our second report regarding Spofity losing the downloaded playlist. I assume you are using v3.3en firmware?

We have positive reports from Spotify users since we launch N5ii, so it is kind of strange that we have two similar reports within a short period. The situation apparently affecting some users but not everyone. Can I check with other N5ii who has Spotify account? Can you please help us to verify the situation by download some of your Spotify music to TF card of N5ii and observe if they are working alright?

@CayinSupport will contact you to collect more information about your case and advise some testing to help us narrow down the problem.

Jun 25, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #2,590 of 4,108
That's strange, this is our second report regarding Spofity losing the downloaded playlist. I assume you are using v3.3en firmware?

We have positive reports from Spotify users since we launch N5ii, so it is kind of strange that we have two similar reports within a short period. The situation apparently affecting some users but not everyone. Can I check with other N5ii who has Spotify account? Can you please help us to verify the situation by download some of your Spotify music to TF card of N5ii and observe if they are working alright?
Sounds like it might be caused by a Spotify update rather than the N5ii.

Did Spotify get updated recently?

Jun 25, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #2,592 of 4,108

@CayinSupport will contact you to collect more information about your case and advise some testing to help us narrow down the problem.
ill test some more this evening. what should be the format of the TF card?

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #2,593 of 4,108

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #2,594 of 4,108
it seem exfat fixed it. previously in Spotify, got 128gb on exfat and 64gb on fat32. then when i select the 64gb as storage, both SD cards are highlighted. now, with 64gb on exFat, only the 64gb is highlighted. ill continue testing it. ill update here if anything weird happens. thanks to the active support team

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #2,595 of 4,108
FWIW with my other android DAP (the one I'm selling to switch to Cayin due to lack of support from the developers, thanks Andy) if you leave Spotify running when you power down the device or it goes into sleep mode then all the offline content is lost. It still takes up space on the TF card, but is not recognized by Spotify. If you continue to have trouble with your device, try that and see if it helps. It certainly is a pain to have to remember to actually shut off spotify every time, but if it saves a little headache it's not that hard a habit to get in to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back