1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by PinkyPowers, Oct 14, 2017.
First

Back
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182
Next

Last
  1. Colors
    Hi,

My pause/skip button is not working when the screen is off. I already enabled “no button locked.” Using 2.5mm connection.

Is there a fix for this?

2. wakokokoyz
    will the 2.5mm balanced be affected if i always use 3.5mm single ended? say imbalance on sq?

Colors likes this.
  3. seanwee
    No it won't. That's because unlike other Daps, the N5ii has a separate circuit used for balanced. So if you always use 3.5mm SE, you'll be leaving the balanced circuit untouched.

wakokokoyz and Colors like this.
  4. CayinSupport
    I have already PM you. Please check your PM box.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
    Colors likes this.
  5. Andykong
    That won't have any effect on the volume control, but your perception from 42db to 43db will be very different from 72db to 73db, so you probably thought the player volume is not increase or decrease at the same rate when you use different headphone.

seanwee likes this.
  6. Colors
    Replied.

7. wakokokoyz
    great! Thank you for the info

8. Dcipar81
    I have a question for Cayin/Andy or anybody who can answer this...
    Will the 2.5mm balanced out be usuable outside of AP mode in any of the near FW updates? I really want to pull the trigger on this player, but I use about 50% Tidal and 50% my own library so not having a balanced out for streaming is a deal breaker..
    Any insight?
    Thank you,
    Dan

Colors likes this.
  9. Colors
    I too would like to use AP mode + 2.5mm balanced with TIDAL.

10. Dcipar81
    Well it's fair to say we won't be using Tidal streaming in AP mode, but downloaded content, that would be great, but I understand that the point of AP mode is to strictly limit other processes and unnecessary circuits so the player can focus on audio quality. That's fair. But from I've read, whenever you plug a balanced 2.5mm in, it automatically switches to AP mode. I would like the option of staying in android mode to use streaming services. I think that's a reasonable request for an android based DAP. It seems a little...wrong...to brand this as an Android DAP with balanced out. It's and Android DAP or a balanced DAP, as they can't be used concurrently.

11. Colors
    Ah I see.

Well currently I'm just using the 2.5mm balanced + TIDAL offline. No AP mode allowed...

12. Dcipar81
    So it seems in a more recent update they fixed this issue? I had read from multiple threads that the balanced out was reserved for AP mode only, that it automatically enters it upon plugging in some headphones.
    Just to be clear, you're using an n5ii, correct?
    I think I'd still like confirmation from Cayin themselves before spending 300 on a player, though your input certainly gives me more confidence in the product..

13. Colors
    When I plug in my 2.5mm (while using TIDAL) the pop up for auto priority mode automatically pops up. I decline it.

I do notice a difference listening to 2.5mm than compared to 3.5mm using the same earphones (Empire Ears Bravado) and my 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor.

I have a 2.5mm cable for reference.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  14. Andykong
    Don't worry, Audio Priority mode in N5ii can be turned on and off manually, you can use 2.5mm phone output with Tidal alright.:beerchug::beerchug:

If I remember it right, the first N5ii was delivered on 13th December, 2017 to a Singapore customer. Cayin released be v2.1firmware on 26th December 2017 to "Modify output setting of balanced phone out, enable user to select Audio Priority Mode manually." So that was a change we did within two weeks we launch the N5ii player.

http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13527

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018

seanwee, MyPants and Colors like this.
  15. Dcipar81
    That sounds great. I appreciate the company's attentiveness to user feedback as well as your attentiveness to this thread. Sounds like this will be a breath of fresh air after so much frustration with a certain other company who I won't name.
    It's been hard to find a bad review of this product.
    Thank you,
    Dan

Ps, ever need a product tester, I'm happy to give feedback from a comp sci perspective:kissing_heart:

seanwee likes this.
First

Back
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182
Next

Last