1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by PinkyPowers, Oct 14, 2017.
First

Back
228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237
239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248
Next

Last
  1. seanwee
    Well then, let me know what you think of the SE535s. Personally I don't like any of the Shure iems from the se215 to SE 846. Too muddy sounding.

They are not the type of sound you are looking for imo.

Saltyfatboy likes this.
  2. fokta
    Just acquired N5iis, not new. after login to Google playstore. and install UAPP. then the pop up message "unable to connect to google account " always appears.

need help....plz...

3. seanwee
    Download the latest firmware for the N5iiS from cayin's website and update the device.

fokta and ngs428 like this.
  4. Imbrie
    Have you updated the FW to the latest release?

fokta and ngs428 like this.
  5. fokta
    not yet

Noted.. I am doing it now. was to tired yesterday,

6. fokta
    Glad to report that after update the firmware, Google play work like a charm... I find the UI is nice....

Spotify installed, and offline in Internal storage not a problem

UAPP, the in app purchase MQA also installed nicely, but problem, can not detect the SONG on my SD CARD... <- need help again...

Cue list on single flac file works like a charm.. but the album image is intermittent... sometime works, sometime not (not a big deal)

The audio priority mode, this is the feature I liked right now... sound wise, really decrease the noise (although already neglectable), more dynamic... I prefer use mid Gain to get the detail better...

Overall, happy for the purchase...

7. zumbito
    Shures are here. Kind of mixed feelings, they sound good, but I was used to my cheap earphones and in these I am missing the highs, some songs sound completely different, like if all the sound had a filter covering it.

8. seanwee
    Yeah pretty much, which is why I used the term muddy. It's like the sound is being obscured and you can't hear the sound clearly. Like looking into muddy water.

Does the store you bought it from have a return or exchange policy? You can get much better sounding iems for the price of a SE535.

9. zumbito
    Yes, bought them from amazon. Problem is I don't want to be buying and returning earphones until I get the right ones. Which ones will you suggest?

10. Andykong
    We are back in operation but I have to report duty at Airport directly. Will attend Canjam New York this weekend, fortunately our new Cayinsupport will take care of the N5ii thread during my absent.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  11. fokta
    is it only happened to my N5iiS ? that if I used the idle shutdown (20 minutes), I found the batteries is faster depleted, rather in stand by mode ???
    Already doing in this in the past 2 days...

20190215_191019.jpg
    the indicator said my uptime is 13 hour, and my battery still 43%...

while if I used the idle shutdown, if It turned off automatically for 5 times and I turned on. the rest battery will be less then 20%...

my point, what kind of anomalies is this? play this for more then 10 hours a day, with mid gain, volume around 20-25....
    a very long lasting DAP... I hope it continues

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  12. ElKabong
    Musicteck has cayin n5ii on sale @199.00 how does this unit stack up against the fiio x5iii, this looks like a good price.

13. thedud3
    Hi there,

My Cayin N5IIs suddenly won't boot up anymore :/ The boot sequence starts but nothing happens after the 'Never be the same again' message.

I definitely wish there was some progress bar with percentage (in addition of the boot animation) showing whether the boot is progressing correctly or freezed, as there's absolutely no indicator telling you if it runs correctly, nor at which point of the boot process you are :frowning2:

Last time it was working correctly, i used it to get asleep so it should have went off through the sleep mode that i enabled.
    Also note than when trying to charge it, it shows 35% battery remaining, so i guess the remaining charge is not in cause.

Anyway, i guess i'll have to manage a force-reset and i know how to access the system boot (by pressing on + play together), but what's the difference between the "wipe data/factory reset" and the "wipe cache partition" options ?

Also if anybody has an idea on how to fix this without loosing all my settings + apps installed that could be really helpful !

Thanks for your help.

cc @CayinSupport @Andykong

14. seanwee
    The boot up time should be about 30 seconds or less. Any longer and somethings not right.

Wipe data/factory reset uninstalls everything and resets the device to its default configuration. Wiping cache partition only emptys the cache of android. It most likely won't solve your problem but its worth a try.

15. thedud3
    Ok forget it, for some reason, after multiple retries, it finally boot up correctly. I have no idea of what happened and this experience still makes me thinking it might be good to have a progress bar or pecentage of the boot up showing a bit of what happens during the boot-up process.

Now it's time for me to write down all my settings and manage some screenshots to remember what was my full config in case this would happen again and i would have to manage a factory reset...

Sorry for the false alert.

cc @CayinSupport @Andykong

First

Back
228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237
239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248
Next

Last