Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Feb 11, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #3,556 of 4,108
I am receiving this week a pair of SE535s. I also have AKGs 545s but didn't bring them with me so just using some cheap earphones, sound magic e10.
Well then, let me know what you think of the SE535s. Personally I don't like any of the Shure iems from the se215 to SE 846. Too muddy sounding.

They are not the type of sound you are looking for imo.

I think to me what I expect from good IEM is that I can hear details otherwise I couldn't and clearly identify all the instruments and voices, with not a too loud bass.

Feb 12, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #3,557 of 4,108
Just acquired N5iis, not new. after login to Google playstore. and install UAPP. then the pop up message "unable to connect to google account " always appears.

need help....plz...

Feb 12, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #3,558 of 4,108
Just acquired N5iis, not new. after login to Google playstore. and install UAPP. then the pop up message "unable to connect to google account " always appears.

need help....plz...
Download the latest firmware for the N5iiS from cayin's website and update the device.

Feb 13, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #3,561 of 4,108
Glad to report that after update the firmware, Google play work like a charm... I find the UI is nice....

Spotify installed, and offline in Internal storage not a problem

UAPP, the in app purchase MQA also installed nicely, but problem, can not detect the SONG on my SD CARD... <- need help again...

Cue list on single flac file works like a charm.. but the album image is intermittent... sometime works, sometime not (not a big deal)

The audio priority mode, this is the feature I liked right now... sound wise, really decrease the noise (although already neglectable), more dynamic... I prefer use mid Gain to get the detail better...

Overall, happy for the purchase...

Feb 13, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #3,562 of 4,108
Well then, let me know what you think of the SE535s. Personally I don't like any of the Shure iems from the se215 to SE 846. Too muddy sounding.

They are not the type of sound you are looking for imo.

Shures are here. Kind of mixed feelings, they sound good, but I was used to my cheap earphones and in these I am missing the highs, some songs sound completely different, like if all the sound had a filter covering it.

Feb 13, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #3,563 of 4,108
Shures are here. Kind of mixed feelings, they sound good, but I was used to my cheap earphones and in these I am missing the highs, some songs sound completely different, like if all the sound had a filter covering it.
Yeah pretty much, which is why I used the term muddy. It's like the sound is being obscured and you can't hear the sound clearly. Like looking into muddy water.

Does the store you bought it from have a return or exchange policy? You can get much better sounding iems for the price of a SE535.

Feb 14, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #3,564 of 4,108
Yeah pretty much, which is why I used the term muddy. It's like the sound is being obscured and you can't hear the sound clearly. Like looking into muddy water.

Does the store you bought it from have a return or exchange policy? You can get much better sounding iems for the price of a SE535.

Yes, bought them from amazon. Problem is I don't want to be buying and returning earphones until I get the right ones. Which ones will you suggest?

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #3,565 of 4,108
We are back in operation but I have to report duty at Airport directly. Will attend Canjam New York this weekend, fortunately our new Cayinsupport will take care of the N5ii thread during my absent.

Attachments

• IMG_20190214_134600.jpg
    IMG_20190214_134600.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 15, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #3,566 of 4,108
is it only happened to my N5iiS ? that if I used the idle shutdown (20 minutes), I found the batteries is faster depleted, rather in stand by mode ???
Already doing in this in the past 2 days...

20190215_191019.jpg
the indicator said my uptime is 13 hour, and my battery still 43%...

while if I used the idle shutdown, if It turned off automatically for 5 times and I turned on. the rest battery will be less then 20%...

my point, what kind of anomalies is this? play this for more then 10 hours a day, with mid gain, volume around 20-25....
a very long lasting DAP... I hope it continues

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #3,568 of 4,108
Hi there,

My Cayin N5IIs suddenly won't boot up anymore :/ The boot sequence starts but nothing happens after the 'Never be the same again' message.

I definitely wish there was some progress bar with percentage (in addition of the boot animation) showing whether the boot is progressing correctly or freezed, as there's absolutely no indicator telling you if it runs correctly, nor at which point of the boot process you are :frowning2:

Last time it was working correctly, i used it to get asleep so it should have went off through the sleep mode that i enabled.
Also note than when trying to charge it, it shows 35% battery remaining, so i guess the remaining charge is not in cause.

Anyway, i guess i'll have to manage a force-reset and i know how to access the system boot (by pressing on + play together), but what's the difference between the "wipe data/factory reset" and the "wipe cache partition" options ?

Also if anybody has an idea on how to fix this without loosing all my settings + apps installed that could be really helpful !

Thanks for your help.

cc @CayinSupport @Andykong

Feb 18, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #3,569 of 4,108
Hi there,

My Cayin N5IIs suddenly won't boot up anymore :/ The boot sequence starts but nothing happens after the 'Never be the same again' message.

I definitely wish there was some progress bar with percentage (in addition of the boot animation) showing whether the boot is progressing correctly or freezed, as there's absolutely no indicator telling you if it runs correctly, nor at which point of the boot process you are :frowning2:

Last time it was working correctly, i used it to get asleep so it should have went off through the sleep mode that i enabled.
Also note than when trying to charge it, it shows 35% battery remaining, so i guess the remaining charge is not in cause.

Anyway, i guess i'll have to manage a force-reset and i know how to access the system boot (by pressing on + play together), but what's the difference between the "wipe data/factory reset" and the "wipe cache partition" options ?

Also if anybody has an idea on how to fix this without loosing all my settings + apps installed that could be really helpful !

Thanks for your help.

The boot up time should be about 30 seconds or less. Any longer and somethings not right.

Wipe data/factory reset uninstalls everything and resets the device to its default configuration. Wiping cache partition only emptys the cache of android. It most likely won't solve your problem but its worth a try.

Feb 18, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #3,570 of 4,108
Hi there,

Thanks for your help.

Ok forget it, for some reason, after multiple retries, it finally boot up correctly. I have no idea of what happened and this experience still makes me thinking it might be good to have a progress bar or pecentage of the boot up showing a bit of what happens during the boot-up process.

Now it's time for me to write down all my settings and manage some screenshots to remember what was my full config in case this would happen again and i would have to manage a factory reset...

Sorry for the false alert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back