Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Aug 24, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #2,851 of 4,108
@Andykong

Trying to do a WiFi firmware update to my N5ii tonight. Your server seems really slow, cutting in and out. Is there an issue on your side?

What is your current firmware version? Our IT guy is off today (Sat morning right now), I can check the task history on Monday, but I need to know which server you are trying to connect to, that's why I need to know your current firmware detail.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 24, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #2,852 of 4,108
What is your current firmware version? Our IT guy is off today (Sat morning right now), I can check the task history on Monday, but I need to know which server you are trying to connect to, that's why I need to know your current firmware detail.

I just received the player. I am updating from 2.1en.

When it finally finishes downloading it states “not a valid update package!” I assume that is because it started and stopped so many times.

Maybe I will just download to Microsd and update that way.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #2,853 of 4,108
I just received the player. I am updating from 2.1en.

When it finally finishes downloading it states “not a valid update package!” I assume that is because it started and stopped so many times.

Maybe I will just download to Microsd and update that way.

From 2.1en, that might have explained the delay but I need to check again. You probably has connected to the OTA server in China instead of our new OTA server in Hong Kong. I'll suggest you perform a manual firmware to bring yourself up-to-date immediately, the subsequent OTA update should be a lot faster because the firmware will point to the new server automatically.

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #2,854 of 4,108
From 2.1en, that might have explained the delay but I need to check again. You probably has connected to the OTA server in China instead of our new OTA server in Hong Kong. I'll suggest you perform a manual firmware to bring yourself up-to-date immediately, the subsequent OTA update should be a lot faster because the firmware will point to the new server automatically.

I completed a manual update via internal and I am all up to date. Thanks!

Aug 26, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #2,855 of 4,108
Hey :) @Andykong I just got a iMac Pro and I plugged the Cayiin n5ii to the back to the computer via USB-C. MacOS recognizes N5MK2 as an audio output; but when I select it to play, no sound comes through (the USB DAC mode interface also shows 0 kHz

Any indicators on why it doesn't work? Cheers

Aug 26, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #2,856 of 4,108
Hey :) @Andykong I just got a iMac Pro and I plugged the Cayiin n5ii to the back to the computer via USB-C. MacOS recognizes N5MK2 as an audio output; but when I select it to play, no sound comes through (the USB DAC mode interface also shows 0 kHz

Any indicators on why it doesn't work? Cheers

Hi, I met the same issue with my win7 computer before. I reset my N5ii and did the double wipe to solve it. You can have a try.
upload_2018-8-27_9-31-36.png

Aug 27, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #2,857 of 4,108
Aight. I know. As CayinSupport said, I can only keep my fingers crossed since I won't have any warranty but damn, I just bought a new Cayin N5iiS for about $340 ... :dizzy_face:

What follows is the non-interesting story of how I got it at this price

So lemme explain because this whole thing was stressful, first, the deal was real, $402.
What I didn't expect is that for some reason I couldn't use my $25 seller coupon, instead I could only use these 2$ off 15$ crapty select coupons.
Well turned out they weren't that crapty when I realized you could combine them, I had like 6 of them so 12$ discount, not bad. But I'm a broke-ass student so I immediately tried to get some more coupons, had like 20 of them when I realized someone ordered the N5iiS during this time, oh f*ck.
Panicked a little bit, searched if by chance another seller has it, holy crap the same seller actually has another one in stock, just a different listing.
Instantly add it to my cart, realize that this time the $25 seller coupon's been applied + $30 worth of select coupons, what the heck final price is $347. I never clicked so fast on the 'Place Order' button in my life :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Eagerly impatient to get my hands on it :heart_eyes: clearly couldn't have afforded it at 549€/$640 (its price here in France)

(sorry if this post if out of place and feel free to delete it, I just wanted to share my excitement, if I could afford it I would have bought it from an authorized seller)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #2,858 of 4,108
@Andykong

has Cayin considered a firmware update to allow use of audio priority mode with TIDAL?

Would be great.

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #2,859 of 4,108
Wait, has the USB-C audio out been fixed in the latest firmware? I’m asking for a friend. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back