Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Sep 5, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #2,881 of 4,108
@Andykong @CayinSupport I really appreciate all the work you're providing to help your customers. I linked both of your posts to the Spotify support.

Strangely though, since 1 week I have been able to play without any issue (log out / gone playlists)...

Will update to the new firmware. You Cayin rock !

Sep 5, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #2,882 of 4,108
For M3U playlist issue,maybe you can follow the steps in this link to try again:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...tal-audio-player.862763/page-74#post-13993329

hello, sorry if I have been slow to answer you, but your solution to solve the problem of playlist only works for someone who wants to create one for very little title.
I explain that it works, it does not need subfolders where you want to put the playlist otherwise it does not find the songs ....
if you want to have a playlist of 50/100 titles as is often the case for me, we must put all the songs in bulk in a folder and not tidy by artist, album, song .... and of course on the playlist in the same folder.
But you also need to manually rewrite all the addresses from where the song folders are in the playlist creation program.
It makes me laugh because for 10 songs it works even if it takes time, but as soon as you want to create one of several artists it is impossible to do it ...
I find it tedious to search, try to waste time a lot of time to only create a playlist to listen to songs in his player ....
moreover for a reader whose promotion has been his ability to receive many songs, with this it is impossible for me to enjoy it out of the way of listening to an album by album .......... ...
besides even thinking of it since the time there are nomadic readers to carry music, I do not understand that in 2018 there is still the problem of being able to create playlist to listen to music while the players have more and more memory to store them.
While just a file manager that saves a selection of titles or folders MP3U, original in the player or create a facility for buyers (or customers) to do it with other tools.
But the concern of the N5 c is not to be able to read or find a song in a sub folder, and to have all the songs in the same folder in bulk .... as many years ago, I find this as a clear decline in the use of a product in the neighborhood.
Even if few people express it on the forum, I think it's a huge problem, as having a 2 GB SD card and having only some songs in a folder in bulk because having 400 GB to read album by album ....
in any case thank you for your reading, I am a little angry at the involvement of engineers to never have thought about this problem.

Sep 5, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #2,883 of 4,108
Been using my N5ii as a BT source for the Mobius. I was wondering if there was any reason why I can't change the startup volume. anyone know? Every time I reconnect, it starts at 12, which if I didn't need to turn the volume up to 100, wouldn't be annoying. Is 100 even the best volume to use? I'm no expert on the subject (far from it) but it seems weird that it doesn't output all BT audio as a line-level signal...

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #2,884 of 4,108
Here's what happened so far for me after installing firmware 3.5. USB out works sometimes - but it's much lower volume than with the coaxial connection. Also, when I connect the USB cable, it will ask if i want to allow the app Cayin Audio to access the USB device. If I say 'Cancel' USB out usually works, although sometimes it seems to freeze and I need to reconnect the cable. If I say 'OK', then it gives me a "This music is not supported" error on any file I try to play. I haven't noticed any significant noise and nothing like what I was hearing before the firmware update, this seems like more of a software issue. I don't know if I should be using the Cayin Audio app - maybe I need to change the app settings?
Please check the PM to do troubleshootings.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 5, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #2,885 of 4,108
I follow this thread with interest (I am in the market for a DAP) and Cayin N5ii seemed a very interesting choice in the sub-400 price range. The introduction of N5iiS and the jump to the 400-500 price range threw me a bit off but this is not the reason of this post. The reason of this post is to comment on Andy's and the person behind the CayinSupport account's continuous feedback and excellent customer service.
I am not a Cayin customer, nor an affiliate, it just struck me very positively and wanted to mention it :)

Thank you for your support and trust! This is our job and we are happy to do that. :grin:

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #2,886 of 4,108
@Andykong @CayinSupport I really appreciate all the work you're providing to help your customers. I linked both of your posts to the Spotify support.

Strangely though, since 1 week I have been able to play without any issue (log out / gone playlists)...

Will update to the new firmware. You Cayin rock !

Thank you! Any problem, please feel free to let us know again!

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #2,887 of 4,108
hello, sorry if I have been slow to answer you, but your solution to solve the problem of playlist only works for someone who wants to create one for very little title.
I explain that it works, it does not need subfolders where you want to put the playlist otherwise it does not find the songs ....
if you want to have a playlist of 50/100 titles as is often the case for me, we must put all the songs in bulk in a folder and not tidy by artist, album, song .... and of course on the playlist in the same folder.
But you also need to manually rewrite all the addresses from where the song folders are in the playlist creation program.
It makes me laugh because for 10 songs it works even if it takes time, but as soon as you want to create one of several artists it is impossible to do it ...
I find it tedious to search, try to waste time a lot of time to only create a playlist to listen to songs in his player ....
moreover for a reader whose promotion has been his ability to receive many songs, with this it is impossible for me to enjoy it out of the way of listening to an album by album .......... ...
besides even thinking of it since the time there are nomadic readers to carry music, I do not understand that in 2018 there is still the problem of being able to create playlist to listen to music while the players have more and more memory to store them.
While just a file manager that saves a selection of titles or folders MP3U, original in the player or create a facility for buyers (or customers) to do it with other tools.
But the concern of the N5 c is not to be able to read or find a song in a sub folder, and to have all the songs in the same folder in bulk .... as many years ago, I find this as a clear decline in the use of a product in the neighborhood.
Even if few people express it on the forum, I think it's a huge problem, as having a 2 GB SD card and having only some songs in a folder in bulk because having 400 GB to read album by album ....
in any case thank you for your reading, I am a little angry at the involvement of engineers to never have thought about this problem.

Sorry for the trouble caused! We don't have a plan to change this part in N5ii currently. But I will record your kind feedback for future products.

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #2,888 of 4,108
Been using my N5ii as a BT source for the Mobius. I was wondering if there was any reason why I can't change the startup volume. anyone know? Every time I reconnect, it starts at 12, which if I didn't need to turn the volume up to 100, wouldn't be annoying. Is 100 even the best volume to use? I'm no expert on the subject (far from it) but it seems weird that it doesn't output all BT audio as a line-level signal...

I don't have a Bluetooth headphone so that I cannot test it personally. But so far I haven't received similar feedback. I also would like to know if anyone else ever have the same problem?

Last edited:

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #2,889 of 4,108

Sorry that our playlist function has disappointed you. It is correct to state that the playlist function of N5ii does not allow you to add a subfolder directly. We can add this to our to do list. However we are occupied by bugs that has been reported earlier on, and USB Audio is one of the outstanding bugs that we are desperately trying to improve. Since the subfolder capability in playlist is a new request and it is an optimization item by nature, it is placed at a lower priority after bug fixing, and we'll handle our requests in LILO order. I do not want to give you false hope and let you wait for several months, base on the current resource deployment, it is unlikely that we'll add this feature to N5ii or N5iiS eventually.

To be honest, playlists with 1000 entries are rare, I didn't recall running into similar request in this thread when we are almost 10 months since the thread started and accumulated almost 200 pages discussion. Maybe someone has raised that but I didn't recall it correctly. Hopefully we'll do better in next product, that will depends on our next platform. If this is a feature that is really "BASIC" and appear in every other DAP except N5ii, that I apology again for falling behind the standard, but to the best I know, this is not necessarily the case.

Sep 7, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #2,891 of 4,108
Hi!
In recent weeks I have often listened to my N5ii with some Yuin G2A clip-ons with great satisfaction.
But I've broken my G2A and they are no more on the market.
I wrote a thread about clip-on headphone, but except Koss, it seems abandoned products.
Someone can recommend a pair of headphones (under € 100) that matches well with the N5ii, with a natural and detailed sound that can be used also outdoor?
If no more clip-on, what can I buy?
I do not like the in-ear headphones (they bother my ears)...

EDIT
I really liked the Koss KSC-75: inexpensive and good sounding, but they "colored" so much the sound. The G2A was more natural.
@jant71 in the thread linked before recommended a pair of Sony MDR-Q68LW and Audio Technica ATH-EM7x. Somone knows this clip-on? Is it worth buying these discontinued products or better betting on something else?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #2,892 of 4,108
Hi!
In recent weeks I have often listened to my N5ii with some Yuin G2A clip-ons with great satisfaction.
But I've broken my G2A and they are no more on the market.
I wrote a thread about clip-on headphone, but except Koss, it seems abandoned products.
Someone can recommend a pair of headphones (under € 100) that matches well with the N5ii, with a natural and detailed sound that can be used also outdoor?
If no more clip-on, what can I buy?
I do not like the in-ear headphones (they bother my ears)...

EDIT
I really liked the Koss KSC-75: inexpensive and good sounding, but they "colored" so much the sound. The G2A was more natural.
@jant71 in the thread linked before recommended a pair of Sony MDR-Q68LW and Audio Technica ATH-EM7x. Somone knows this clip-on? Is it worth buying these discontinued products or better betting on something else?
How about the Koss Porta Pros?

I have no experience with clip on headphones at all, they are quite an unconventional choice.

Sep 8, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #2,894 of 4,108
What's the latest firmware version that supports N5iiS? Just received my new unit and want to move away from 1.0 as soon as possible but the device wouldn't let me load the 3.5 release.

We'll release new firmware for N5iiS next week, probably Wednesday, please stay tune.

The firmware of N5ii and N5iiS are not interchangeable, they use different screen and therefore cannot share the same display instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back