Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Apr 27, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #1,833 of 2,546
A snippet of my N5 review coming this weekend.

"At this section its 10/10 stars, if one thing appeals to me more besides N5's features its the design. Like mentioned in the introduction it appears Cayin have some of the most daring physical designers working for them. From the all metal casing, vents engraved along the side, the large respectable resolution screen, everything about the design makes N5 appear almost like an artifact you discovered deep inside an ancient pyramid. Its a real head turner, a conversation piece that may even leave people curious what the unit actually is when first showing them"

As you can see, I like the design. 
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #1,835 of 2,546
I also feel the N5 is one of the nicest-looking DAPs around. Certainly my favorite below the $1000 mark, and sexier than most above it.

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #1,836 of 2,546
I love the N5's retro-future industrial design, as well - just gorgeous!

Doesn't hurt that it sounds great, too
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Indeed, the N5 is in my top three DAPS (along with X3ii and Shanling M2) and any one of them can be number one depending on what, when and how I'm using them. To me all three are right on the money sound wise and from there it's like I said what I'm doing to decide which one I use. I owe the M2 and N5 to Nik for including me on tours and the X3ii is credited to Paul B who by the way is about to celebrate his 100th review
biggrin.gif
and Wokei
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #1,837 of 2,546
  A snippet of my N5 review coming this weekend.

"At this section its 10/10 stars, if one thing appeals to me more besides N5's features its the design. Like mentioned in the introduction it appears Cayin have some of the most daring physical designers working for them. From the all metal casing, vents engraved along the side, the large respectable resolution screen, everything about the design makes N5 appear almost like an artifact you discovered deep inside an ancient pyramid. Its a real head turner, a conversation piece that may even leave people curious what the unit actually is when first showing them"

As you can see, I like the design. 
wink.gif

blink.gif

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #1,838 of 2,546
I'd agree on the design... Beauty shot!

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #1,839 of 2,546
I want in on the beauty shots!

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #1,840 of 2,546
Alright you dirty dogs, I can't keep up wit yo skilz but had to pull one from my arsenal
wink_face.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #1,843 of 2,546
OK, one more because this is so much fun
biggrin.gif

Peace
smily_headphones1.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #1,844 of 2,546
This is fun, I am not a good photographer but when I receive this IEM just before I pack up for the Munich Show, I feel why not even when I am scored last in the row. :D :D

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 30, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #1,845 of 2,546
This is fun, I am not a good photographer but when I receive this IEM just before I pack up for the Munich Show, I feel why not even when I am scored last in the row. :D :D

Hi Andy.
Is there anyway to have the custom equalizer when I switch on the dap? It always goes back to eq off and honestly it's getting me on the nerves... Everything else is great!
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back