Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Aug 17, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #2,192 of 2,518
Users can store up to six photos as candidate of background image in this folder. These photos must be smaller than 700x700 in BMP, PNG or JPG forma, and they must be named as pic1, pic2, pic3, … pic6 respectively. The “Background image” setting is available under System setting menu and there are two options available: Default and Custom. When Default is selected, N3pro will display the system default background image when no album art is detected during playback.

Attachments

• IMG_20210817_115415.jpg
    IMG_20210817_115415.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210817_115502.jpg
    IMG_20210817_115502.jpg
    795.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #2,193 of 2,518
@Andykong I just bought a True Wireless IEM Sony 1000xm4 and think I may have a problem with bluetooth connection, specifically with the ldac codec. I set up Cayin N3pro to use either : LDAC SOUND PRIORITY OR LDAC CONNECTION PRIORITY but I must have my earphones within 1.5m of distance always. If i put it on my pockets i lose connection.
Can you help me with this?

Is this your only Bluetooth headphone? Have you tried other Bluetooth earphones or headphones?

We didn't test Sony 1000xm4 specifically. Bluetooth connectivity is not an absolutely stable performance, environmental condition comes into play on top of hardware capability. Other nearby wireless devices can introduce interference and downgrade a connection dramatically. I had received a complaint saying his DAP lost connection with his headphone whenever his mobile phone receive an incoming call.

Maybe you can conduct a test in your room to investigate the problem. Remove or turn off all BT devices with only the N3Pro and Sony 1000XM4 as the only BT device in the perimeter. If you can achieve a better connection, maybe you need to turn off the BT of your mobile phone (or notebook) when you use the 1000XM4 with DAP.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 17, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #2,195 of 2,518
Users can store up to six photos as candidate of background image in this folder. These photos must be smaller than 700x700 in BMP, PNG or JPG forma, and they must be named as pic1, pic2, pic3, … pic6 respectively. The “Background image” setting is available under System setting menu and there are two options available: Default and Custom. When Default is selected, N3pro will display the system default background image when no album art is detected during playback.
Great, thanks

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #2,196 of 2,518
How does the N3 pro sound with Isabellae? Your review for those IEMs was a great read.

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #2,198 of 2,518
Depends on how vigorously you walk...I have had it ring on me one day when it was in a bag banging on my hip constantly - obviously setting off some recurrent resonance. Generally it's been well-behaved in a hip pocket or bag.

Aug 29, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #2,199 of 2,518
how does the tube output perform when you are walking around with this in your pocket? does the shock prevention stuff actually work well?
Works fine in my pocket

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #2,200 of 2,518
how does the tube output perform when you are walking around with this in your pocket? does the shock prevention stuff actually work well?
Outside of shocks there’s no ringing, I do the groceries with the N3Pro in my pocket and it is yet to ring on me.

Aug 31, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #2,203 of 2,518
I'm one to use gear from the start until the end of its life (i.e beyond repair), and I'm curious about the Cayin N3pro's reparability. If and when eventually the batteries give up the ghost, or a tube fails, how easy would it be to get it replaced outside of warranty? There are plenty of options for batteries and NOS micro tubes online and it would be straightforward to get a replacement, but is it easy to open up the N3pro to access the battery/tubes without having to melt some adhesive or break some casing connector open?

Aug 31, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #2,204 of 2,518
@Andykong how does replaygain work in N3Pro? i have replaygain for my music calculated using foobar2000 (track gain). But enabling replaygain seems to have no effect. I'm on FW 2.3. Also do you consider adding crossfeed option in future updates?

You have set the Replay Gain to Track or Album? A lot of users has commented that ReplayGain works fine for them.

We don't have any plan to add crossfeed to N3Pro.

Last edited:

Aug 31, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #2,205 of 2,518
I'm one to use gear from the start until the end of its life (i.e beyond repair), and I'm curious about the Cayin N3pro's reparability. If and when eventually the batteries give up the ghost, or a tube fails, how easy would it be to get it replaced outside of warranty? There are plenty of options for batteries and NOS micro tubes online and it would be straightforward to get a replacement, but is it easy to open up the N3pro to access the battery/tubes without having to melt some adhesive or break some casing connector open?

As Cayin representative, I can only advice you to send the DAP back to us for repair, trying to open up the DAP or replacement the component will void your warranty and Cayin reserve the right to refuse subsequent service as a result of that. This is the standard disclaimer that you'll find with 3C or consumer electronic products.

For your information, the temper glass back panel is glued at the back, this is the typical method to install temper glass panel in mobile device. Someone has posted a video to disassemble our N6ii. The procedure to disassemble N3Pro is similar. I always advice DAP users to seek help from local mobile phone repair technician if they need to access the battery of your DAP, but be reminded that this will void your warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back