Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Aug 26, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #3,826 of 6,262
Have you tried to use N3 in the dark?
No. Never had a reason to. However, I'm quite familiar with the layout and can't imagine it'd be too difficult especially with the screen providing a little light. To be honest, if it's dark and the power isn't out, I'd be asleep and it wouldn't matter anyway...lol.

Aug 26, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #3,827 of 6,262
Try the 2.0 Custom.
Custom firmware contains nudity and is based off an earlier firmware which had the charging issue. N3 would charge fine, but it took longer than 2 hours to get fully charged. I never used it, but it's supposed to be a little quicker than the stock firmware.

I'm not expecting it to.

Aug 26, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #3,829 of 6,262
I'm not sure if she'll want to see lady parts on the screen of her N3. I'm fine with the stock firmware.
What? No man parts? I say sexism.

Aug 26, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #3,832 of 6,262
I'm not sure if she'll want to see lady parts on the screen of her N3. I'm fine with the stock firmware.

The last custom version has only one (tasteful) photo, and it's mostly hidden away and almost never seen. Plus, it seems to run smoother and the (English) grammar has been corrected.

Aug 26, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #3,833 of 6,262
The last custom version has only one (tasteful) photo, and it's mostly hidden away and almost never seen. Plus, it seems to run smoother and the (English) grammar has been corrected.

You have to go looking for it to see it. It is an egg deep within.

Aug 26, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #3,834 of 6,262

I will try it later this week.

Aug 26, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #3,835 of 6,262
When I first got this N3 about two weeks ago I had a card loaded up and ready to put in so I had not tried until last night to have it recognized as a USB device on my PC. I just wanted to quickly add a couple of albums without bothering to take the card out. I cannot get my Windows 7 PC to recognize it. I installed and uninstalled and reinstalled the driver 3 times. Windows just keeps telling me that there is an unrecognized USB device. I tried it in different USB ports both directly on the PC and on a powered USB hub. I tried with the N3 switched off and with it switched off. I tried with the USB setting to USB and to DAC. I am pretty sure I tried all possible combinations. Rebooted the PC a couple of times. I do not have another cable here with the C connector to try. I am on the latest 2.1 firmware. What else is there to try?
I'm just reading to this point so far, so forgive if already answered. The included cable is problematic. Replacement cables are about $4 on Amazon and fixed my problem

Aug 26, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #3,836 of 6,262
The Anker cable came this afternoon. I used it to plug the N3 into my Windows 7 PC....powered USB 2 hub (this PC has no USB 3. Windows saw it immediately and installed the Cayin drivers that I had downloaded and tried to install the other night. Device ready to use. Assigned a drive letter to the card. I transfered a few albums and have left it charging for now. It was down to 14% by the time the cable arrived.

It should have been like this the other night with the original cable. I am still tired from fighting with it in the middle of the night. I really do not understand what could be wrong with the cable.Do we all have the same one? Mine is white and fairly soft and flexible... which I actually liked about it. It was included with my cyan N3. I think the red was released later... did that have a better cable? Anyone with the red N3 have these problems?
I have red. Same problems

Aug 26, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #3,838 of 6,262
I'm just reading to this point so far, so forgive if already answered. The included cable is problematic. Replacement cables are about $4 on Amazon and fixed my problem
I had to pay £6 on Amazon UK... oh well... everything is almost always more expensive here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back