Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Aug 4, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #3,331 of 6,262
@CayinSupport - There is a little plastic sticker on the leather back of N3 - are we supposed to peel it off? Or doing so will damage the leather?

Actually, I am not very clear about "There is a little plastic sticker on the leather back of N3" as I remember there isn't. To get your problem resolved quickly, could you please send us a photo to show it? Thank you in advance!

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 4, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #3,332 of 6,262
Actually, I am not very clear about "There is a little plastic sticker on the leather back of N3" as I remember there isn't. To get your problem resolved quickly, could you please send us a photo to show it? Thank you in advance!

Here is a picture:

Cayin N3 sticker.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #3,333 of 6,262
Here is a picture:

Mine is the same and starting to look messy now the corners are rolling up. I haven't pealed it off yet, like you I worry it will pull the surface of the Leatherette off, or leave adhesive behind.

Looking closely there are three lines of text on the sticker. Mostly Chinese writing and some English, Cayin's web address and 5v-2a. Repeating what's printed on the back above.

Aug 4, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #3,335 of 6,262
Hello once again guys,

So after updating my new Red N3 to FW 2.1, and playing a few albums on it, I have noticed that track orders for albums with 2 disc are completely messed up (when I browse by album after scanning my media library).

I use foobar to name my music files and if an album has two disc I will name it like so:

1.01 AAAAA
1.02 BBBBB
2.01 CCCCC
2.02 DDDDD

Where 1 is the disc number and .01 is the track number from that disc.

Besides that, how does the N3 sort its music? Alphabetically? When I am trying to browse my music folders in TF Card mode,
the order would be alphabetical, but then sometimes between artist with english names, my chinese or japanese artist would pop-out even though I use Chinese and Japanese Characters

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thank-you

EDIT: Added "(when I browse by album after scanning my media library)"

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #3,336 of 6,262
Hiby Link still closes when establishing a connection to OnePlus 1 with LOS 7.1.2, Oneplus 5 with stock firmware, Nexus 7 2013 with LOS 7.1.2.
But it works well with XiaoMi RedMi Note 4x Global Version.
Maybe its a problem with Android 7.xx.xx or LOS with some phones.

I have a SUGESTION for a future feature:
Please add a option to set volume to 100 (maximum) when connecting a USB DAC to the N3 and then to the default value when disconnecting the USB DAC. I have to turn it all way up when connecting a USB DAC to the N3 and i almost broke some IEMs when switching from USB DAC to the headphone out because i had volume at 100 and forgot to reduce it.

Aug 4, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #3,337 of 6,262
Hello once again guys,

So after updating my new Red N3 to FW 2.1, and playing a few albums on it, I have noticed that track orders for albums with 2 disc are completely messed up.

I use foobar to name my music files and if an album has two disc I will name it like so:

1.01 AAAAA
1.02 BBBBB
2.01 CCCCC
2.02 DDDDD

Besides that, how does the N3 sort its music? Alphabetically? When I am trying to browse my music folders in TF Card mode,
the order would be alphabetical, but then sometimes between artist with english names, my chinese or japanese artist would pop-out even though I use Chinese and Japanese Characters

Thank-you

For my file naming, I'm using a dash "-", instead of a period "." between the disc number and track number, and my N3 displays everything in the correct order. Note: I'm not using any characters other than plain English text (no special characters, with accents of any type).

Aug 4, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #3,338 of 6,262
Hello once again guys,

So after updating my new Red N3 to FW 2.1, and playing a few albums on it, I have noticed that track orders for albums with 2 disc are completely messed up.

1.01 AAAAA
1.02 BBBBB
2.01 CCCCC
2.02 DDDDD

Thank-you
As for sorting multiple disc albums, I've yet to find a DAP that does it correctly. I use mp3tag and number the tracks in the other disc in order and combine all discs into one album.

For example, Metalica - Hardwired to Self-destruct is a 3 CD album. The first two disc had six tracks each and disc three has 13 tracks I think. I combine them all into on album with the tracks 1 through 25, but they are in order and play as they should.

Aug 4, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #3,339 of 6,262
That actually looks awesome! I'd switch from my custom V2 to this if you made it. Good luck making it though...don't expect any help from Cayin... :wink:

Might be the only way I'd change from C2

Aug 4, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #3,340 of 6,262
For my file naming, I'm using a dash "-", instead of a period "." between the disc number and track number, and my N3 displays everything in the correct order. Note: I'm not using any characters other than plain English text (no special characters, with accents of any type).

So when you browse them in album mode after scanning media library, the order of the music files is correct when you are using "-" instead of "."?

As for sorting multiple disc albums, I've yet to find a DAP that does it correctly. I use mp3tag and number the tracks in the other disc in order and combine all discs into one album.

For example, Metalica - Hardwired to Self-destruct is a 3 CD album. The first two disc had six tracks each and disc three has 13 tracks I think. I combine them all into on album with the tracks 1 through 25, but they are in order and play as they should.

That is actually a bloody brilliant idea!!!! Why did it never occur to me. You're a genius!

Btw, anyone knows if I have scanned my media library, can I remove them (i.e. back to the state when I first got my N3, meaning there is no scanned media library and artist, album, genre list are all blank)?
If this can only be done through a reset of the player, how should I proceed?

Thank-you

Aug 4, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #3,341 of 6,262
So when you browse them in album mode after scanning media library, the order of the music files is correct when you are using "-" instead of "."?

That is actually a bloody brilliant idea!!!! Why did it never occur to me. You're a genius!

Btw, anyone knows if I have scanned my media library, can I remove them (i.e. back to the state when I first got my N3, meaning there is no scanned media library and artist, album, genre list are all blank)?

Thank-you
Thanks, but I'm not sure I'm a genius...lol. Just trial and error over the past few years to make it work.

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #3,343 of 6,262

Thank-you
Yeah I do the same thing with all my multi CD collections as it cuts down on the number of albums to sift through when searching

Aug 4, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #3,345 of 6,262

Thank-you

I'm attempting a scan of the music on the memory card in my N3 right now... - ...and after it finished, I checked the Track order on one of my 2-CD Albums.

It does not list the Tracks in the correct order.
They're listed by just their Title (which doesn't include the Disc-Track info of the filename).

The order appears to be:
Disc2-Track1
Disc1-Track1
Disc2-Track2
Disc1-Track2
etc.

I guess I haven't noticed this before, since I normally use the "Browse by Folder" method for accessing my music.
In the Folder view, the files are listed correctly, by filename (which includes the Disc-Track info at the beginning of the name).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back