Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Dec 31, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #5,191 of 6,262
Ah, I'm not using any other program than EAC. Like I said, I really know nothing about formatting music, I've only ever used Windows Media Player to rip CDs before lol! I've only put 2 albums onto the N3 so far but when I'm playing the tracks it's scrolling the correct artist, album,track number and track title, but in Music Categories it doesn't list the 2 separate albums. Will a separate program correct this?

I'm travelling for the holidays (with a Linux Netbook), so I'm away from my Windows PC right now - and can't review the settings for EAC.
I've used EAC, but normally use JRiver Media Center, since I like the flexibility & control it gives me for tagging while ripping CDs.
JRiver MC is not free, so you might try downloading and installing the free meta-tagging program, mp3tag [ https://www.mp3tag.de/en/ ], which works with a variety of music formats, and not just mp3 files.

Dec 31, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #5,193 of 6,262
Does this device have no screws? How way if i want to replace the battery? Please help

Most DAP's don't have a user replaceable battery. Even if you could open the unit, the battery is likely sauldered in place. This unit is only 150 USD. Even players costing 5 times this much are the same. Nevertheless, the battery will likely last several years.

Jan 1, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #5,195 of 6,262
mbwilon111 it is a great recording, very intimate. Any must have recording suggestions ?

- Mark

Not knowing what else you have or what else you like, I was uncertain as to how to reply. Right now I am listening to Over The Rhine - Meet Me at the Edge of the World. Double CD. I think you would really like it. Maybe you already know it.

Another band that I could have seen at the Ark but never did... unfortunately.

Jan 1, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #5,196 of 6,262
Not knowing what else you have or what else you like, I was uncertain as to how to reply. Right now I am listening to Over The Rhine - Meet Me at the Edge of the World. Double CD. I think you would really like it. Maybe you already know it.

Another band that I could have seen at the Ark but never did... unfortunately.

Happy New Year mbwilson111 !
Thank you for the suggestion. I am not familiar with "Over The Rhine - Meet Me at the Edge of the World. Double CD", will look it up.

So far been purchasing only through Acoustic Sounds:
1. Elton John / Elton John - DSD (Single Rate) 2.8MHz/64fs
2. LCD Soundsystem / The Long Goodbye - FLAC 96kHz/24bit
3. The Rolling Stones / Let It Bleed - DSD (Single Rate) 2.8MHz/64fs
4. Dave Brubeck Quartet / Time Out - DSD (Single Rate) 2.8MHz/64fs
5. Miles Davis / Kind of Blue - DSD (Single Rate) 2.8MHz/64fs

Great SQ from the Cayin N3, I am having fun.

- Mark

Jan 1, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #5,197 of 6,262
Thank you for the suggestion. I am not familiar with "Over The Rhine - Meet Me at the Edge of the World. Double CD", will look it up.

- Mark

I just use normal 16bit flac and sometimes 320k mp3s. I don't want really huge files taking up too much room. Yes, great sound quality with the Cayin. Some disagree with me but I use the Super Slow filter.

Jan 1, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #5,198 of 6,262
I just use normal 16bit flac and sometimes 320k mp3s. I don't want really huge files taking up too much room. Yes, great sound quality with the Cayin. Some disagree with me but I use the Super Slow filter.

Why care what others think? Use whatever you think sounds good.

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #5,199 of 6,262
I'm travelling for the holidays (with a Linux Netbook), so I'm away from my Windows PC right now - and can't review the settings for EAC.
I've used EAC, but normally use JRiver Media Center, since I like the flexibility & control it gives me for tagging while ripping CDs.
JRiver MC is not free, so you might try downloading and installing the free meta-tagging program, mp3tag [ https://www.mp3tag.de/en/ ], which works with a variety of music formats, and not just mp3 files.

Thanks DBaldock9. I've loaded a couple more albums since. So at the moment, if I go into Music Library and then TF card, I can see in alphabetical order by artist, the albums present. If I then press the centre button it'll take me into the album and I can start playing it. When playing, I can see the album art and scrolling underneath - artist/album/track number/track title/44.1KHz/16 bit, but then I get "unknown artist/unknown album" also at the end of the scroll. If I go into Music Category and look in Genre, Artist, or Album, then there is nothing there, it just says "Unknown Genre" etc.
It seems to me that I'm not setting up the meta tags (if that's the right term?) in the Filename tab under EAC options correctly? I've tried finding answers on the web but no luck so far?

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #5,200 of 6,262
Thanks DBaldock9. I've loaded a couple more albums since. So at the moment, if I go into Music Library and then TF card, I can see in alphabetical order by artist, the albums present. If I then press the centre button it'll take me into the album and I can start playing it. When playing, I can see the album art and scrolling underneath - artist/album/track number/track title/44.1KHz/16 bit, but then I get "unknown artist/unknown album" also at the end of the scroll. If I go into Music Category and look in Genre, Artist, or Album, then there is nothing there, it just says "Unknown Genre" etc.
It seems to me that I'm not setting up the meta tags (if that's the right term?) in the Filename tab under EAC options correctly? I've tried finding answers on the web but no luck so far?

It would be my guess that EAC isn't saving all of the info in the files - or saving it in tag names that the N3 isn't looking at.
You could easily check to see which tags have info, by loading the files into mp3tag on your PC.

Jan 2, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #5,202 of 6,262

- Mark
Just had a quick look at acoustic sounds interesting list of Dsd files can i ask if cue data is included with the file as there site says no cover art Inc and i am a bit surprised at the small size of files DSD are normally 3+ gig

Jan 2, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #5,203 of 6,262
Just had a quick look at acoustic sounds interesting list of Dsd files can i ask if cue data is included with the file as there site says no cover art Inc and i am a bit surprised at the small size of files DSD are normally 3+ gig

Hi michael bland,
I have been enjoying the music on Acoustic Sounds, very expensive, but sounds great !
Not sure about cue data.
- Mark

Jan 2, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #5,204 of 6,262
Hi, I am trying to connect my Cayin N3 with Sony XB20 Bluetooth speaker via bluetooth but i can't get my N3 to show XB20 even after having turned on the bluetooth. Does anybody here know the way to do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back