Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Mar 24, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #497 of 6,262
Glad to know several members of this forum has received their N3 in past few hours. I hope you like what you received. I shall feedback to several questions "collectively":

(1) The current N3 firmware will only provide one set of theme, but we have designed the system to accommodate multiple themes, and we shall deliver more themes in subsequent firmware update. The alternative themes will mainly changed the color and tone of the interface, it will not be a significant different from the current theme. Since we are still working on this, maybe you can suggest your preferred color for the alternative themes, we'll consider all suggestion from our users.

(2) The N3 should have enough power to handle the Audeze iSine20. As a matter of fact, we have used the iSine20 as one of our demo IEM at the CanJam Singapore and there are several visitors tried the N3/iSine20 pair and like them a lot.

(3) The N3 might sound harsh when it is fresh out of the box, please be patient and let it run for a few days before you make your final decision on the sound quality. There are relays and components in the circuit that will be benefited after burn-in, I am not talking about a really long 500 hours burn-in before it sounds right, but 2 days continuous playback should serve the purpose.

(4) The N3 player might appear to be fully charged when open-boxed, but that can be an unreliable battery reading and the battery will run down very quickly. That is a common issue to brand new Lithium battery, just use it and charge it up as usual, the Lithium battery should "wake up" and perform as suggested after several charging cycle.

If you run into any bug or problem, feel free to raise it here. I shall take note and follow up with them promptly.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 24, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #499 of 6,262
Tried the N3 today at headroom. UI seemed pretty responsive and easy to use. Sounded pretty good to me for the price, although not heard the competition. Bit smaller than I was expecting, seems ideal size. Expect I'll be ordering one for my son.

BTW the oBravo iems are stunning EAMT-2a was one of the highlights of the show to me.

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #500 of 6,262

I'd like to see a simple black theme and a blue theme. Also where can we get spare silicone cases if we want to order an extra one or two?

A theme to match each color of case.

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #504 of 6,262
Yes, a leather case would be good, and even Rockbox has ReplayGain.

Silicone is the worst case for anything...sticks to cloth, gathers dust, and looks even crappier over time. Yes, leather please!

Replaygain should be a requirement for *any* kind of portable player. There ain't nothing like having your ears blown off when you have really good sealing CIEMs that are sensitive and you run random track play. Go from classical & well recorded to 80s rock & brick-wall loudness wars - you can rip headphones off, but not customs!

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #505 of 6,262
Mar 24, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #507 of 6,262
Heard this today, sounded good with Vegas, good pairing, not harsh like i read it was with ie800.
Ordered one today

Better than Cowon Plenue D? Trying to decide between these. This UI looks better, seems to have more amp power, and I like the size better...but the PD seems to have a strong following.

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #508 of 6,262
Better than Cowon Plenue D? Trying to decide between these. This UI looks better, seems to have more amp power, and I like the size better...but the PD seems to have a strong following.

Had PD some time ago, thought was quite unrefined sounding, this is more polished, real nice to use, i thought it was beautiful. you won't get all the Cowon enhancements, that and battery is the main reason to buy D. I personally go for sound first, unEQued, clean, slighty warm, good bass. D didn't sound clean to me..

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #509 of 6,262
Heard this today, sounded good with Vegas, good pairing, not harsh like i read it was with ie800.
Ordered one today

Wonder if N3 they had at the show was burn in already, did you ask Phil?

Yeah, just tried N3 engineering sample with Vega, great pair up.

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #510 of 6,262
Wonder if N3 they had at the show was burn in already, did you ask Phil?

Yeah, just tried N3 engineering sample with Vega, great pair up.

The N3 and i5 DAPs displayed at Headroom is one of our CanJam Singapore demo unit. I pass that particular N3 to David of oBrovo at second day of CanJam, and he'll keep the units for his Headroom show and Munich High End show.

The N3 DAP was brand new open boxed at CanJam Singapore, and I guess David has used the N3 and i5 DAP for his personal use in between CanJam Singapore and Headroom, it is not fresh out of the box but the unit probably won't pass 30 hours on the clock.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back