Cayin iDAP-6 - versatile new desktop transport
Apr 13, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #256 of 424
Just received iDap-6 this afternoon. Hooked it up with my PS Audio Directstream DAC, I2S doesn't work. The DAC doesn't recognize any input from idap6 via i2s. Changed multiple cables, no luck. Anything that i might have missed or need to try?

Thanks
Jeff
Never mind. I just figured out. There is an output selection. You have to select i2s. SQ wise, don't know, still in the middle of burn in...

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #258 of 424
I use Bubbleupnp to test DLNA connection of iDAP-6 and the result is quite good, other then no gapless during DLNA, everything is find so far. Bubbleupnp has built-in gateway to most popular streaming app, that make it a convenient choice as DLNA controller for iDAP-6.

I haven't test DLNA from desktop computer to iDAP-6, technically this is feasible but the choice of DLNA client software is limited, and when streaming from mobile phone is working alright, I tends to use that as I can use it as a remote controller, kind of kill two birds in one stone.
Hi, Andy,
I also installed bubbleupnp and enabled DLAN in idap6, but I can't find idap6 as a render . Did I do anything wrong?

Thanks,
Jeff

Apr 19, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #259 of 424
Dear Cayin, one of your main competitor in China already released a direct challenger to Idap-6, Aune S5.offers better technical specs such as DSD1024, PCM768, DST, External USB CDROM, Internal mSATA connection, Infra Red Remote, Dedicated app (internal testing stage), and cheaper
Cayin may be better in term of USB Dac support, SQ (have no heard the sound of S5), Software (I have a very bad experience with the Aune S1)
Hope Cayin can quickly rectify the remaining issues that previously reported, and add additional features as much as possible
TB2yAlDdiMnBKNjSZFzXXc_qVXa_!!3323147479.jpg TB25QJUdnmWBKNjSZFBXXXxUFXa_!!3323147479.jpg TB2LV8vdbZnBKNjSZFKXXcGOVXa_!!3323147479.jpg TB2mZTNesuYBuNkSmRyXXcA3pXa_!!3323147479.jpg TB2b0q7dfiSBuNkSnhJXXbDcpXa_!!3323147479.jpg

Apr 21, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #261 of 424
Dear Cayin, one of your main competitor in China already released a direct challenger to Idap-6, Aune S5.offers better technical specs such as DSD1024, PCM768, DST, External USB CDROM, Internal mSATA connection, Infra Red Remote, Dedicated app (internal testing stage), and cheaper
Cayin may be better in term of USB Dac support, SQ (have no heard the sound of S5), Software (I have a very bad experience with the Aune S1)
Hope Cayin can quickly rectify the remaining issues that previously reported, and add additional features as much as possible

I sincerely hope it is a better network player. If they are indeed our competitor as you have put it, and they come out with a competing product 1 year later, as you have put it again, they should beat the iDAP-6 in each are every area. This is how it should work in digital audio market, and this is why digital audio market is advancing rapidly.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 22, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #262 of 424
Hi,
I have just received my IDAP-6 yesterday and my issue is that the Cayin does not see the NAS (Synology). Both are on the same LAN with a Netgear switch. Doesn't work in Ethernet as well as wifi connection. DLNA option is On.
Any clue?

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #263 of 424
Hi,
I have just received my IDAP-6 yesterday and my issue is that the Cayin does not see the NAS (Synology). Both are on the same LAN with a Netgear switch. Doesn't work in Ethernet as well as wifi connection. DLNA option is On.
Any clue?
Go to your router setting to see whether DHCP assigned IP to Idap-6 or not
If there is IP assigned for IDap-6, try the following
- use another router to connect both of your NAS and IDap-6 to eliminate potential incompatible with your router (you are using another router with DHCP to your Netgear Switch?
- Update firmware of your router

Apr 22, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #264 of 424
I sincerely hope it is a better network player. If they are indeed our competitor as you have put it, and they come out with a competing product 1 year later, as you have put it again, they should beat the iDAP-6 in each are every area. This is how it should work in digital audio market, and this is why digital audio market is advancing rapidly.
Understand the evolution on technologies. I do not ask for at par technical specs but any updates on firmware to rectify previously reported bugs.
Aune is much smaller in corporate setup and not famous as compare to Cayin, but such company also found the important to have dedicated appz as remote control (though still in beta internal testing)

Apr 22, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #265 of 424
iDAP-6 is a System on Chip (SoC) implementation based on X1000 MCU, the system is not Roon ready, and it does not support third party application nor has appropriate source code for Tidal or Spotify. To use streaming servicewitj iDAP-6, you can stream Spotify or Tidal from a mobile device via DLNA or Airplay.
To do this as I have to proceed, I have not yet succeeded via DNLA

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #266 of 424
Hi,
Any clue?

Read this topic from begining again and you will discover that this player is DESKTOP player not NETWORK player :wink:), sold it.

Apr 22, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #267 of 424
I just want to post that Bubbleupnp was updated today (the app). So far when trying on other Upnp/DNLA devices I have lying around (Fiio X3 3rd Gen and PC using Foobar2000 DNLA render) I am getting 80% success gapless rate. Just don't do any track seeking or changing tracks and so far it is working great. Of course with Tidal it's still 16-bit/44.1khz, but mconnect (another DNLA app program) does support some of the MQA titles at a higher bit-rate (but no success with gapless on this one).

To be honest, I'm more excited on Qobuz coming to the US, both buy and stream makes it an interesting option.

Either way, as long as gapless mostly works on my end this player I will pick up. It supports USB out and that's a big factor for me.

Apr 26, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #270 of 424
Well then....I went ahead and ordered the IDAP-6 from MusicTeck today. The only way I will know that this will work 100% with my Ayre Codex DAC is by ordering it and have a home trail myself.

I just need the unit to do well in the following:

*Accepting USB Hard Drives
*Output USB Audio to the Ayre Codex nicely and able to run hi-rez
*Work just fine as a DNLA Render with Bubbleupnp via wireless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back