Cayin iDAP-6 - versatile new desktop transport
Apr 1, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #245 of 424
Does NAS support get any improvement in the latest firmware update? Anyone knows? Thanks. Jeff

No update on NAS support so far, will keep the forum informed when updated firmware is available.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 1, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #247 of 424
How's people's experience running with Tidal thru Third Party apps?

iDAP-6 is a SoC implementation, it is not Android based and can't install third party application to the Player. You can listen to Tidal on iDAP-6 through DLNA or AIrplay from a connected mobile device or desktop computer.

Apr 1, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #248 of 424
iDAP-6 is a SoC implementation, it is not Android based and can't install third party application to the Player. You can listen to Tidal on iDAP-6 through DLNA or AIrplay from a connected mobile device or desktop computer.

Good to know. With regards to playing Tidal from my computer to the iDAP-6, as long as I am running DLNA from the computer to the i-DAP6 (the render), that will be more than enough for it to work? Also, for any DLNA from my computer does it have to be wired connection from computer to i-DAP6?

I would like to do is not use any wired connections and either have Tidal being controlled from my Android phone or computer by DNLA.

Thanks!

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #249 of 424
Good to know. With regards to playing Tidal from my computer to the iDAP-6, as long as I am running DLNA from the computer to the i-DAP6 (the render), that will be more than enough for it to work? Also, for any DLNA from my computer does it have to be wired connection from computer to i-DAP6?

I would like to do is not use any wired connections and either have Tidal being controlled from my Android phone or computer by DNLA.

Thanks!

I use Bubbleupnp to test DLNA connection of iDAP-6 and the result is quite good, other then no gapless during DLNA, everything is find so far. Bubbleupnp has built-in gateway to most popular streaming app, that make it a convenient choice as DLNA controller for iDAP-6.

I haven't test DLNA from desktop computer to iDAP-6, technically this is feasible but the choice of DLNA client software is limited, and when streaming from mobile phone is working alright, I tends to use that as I can use it as a remote controller, kind of kill two birds in one stone.

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #250 of 424
@Andykong Possible to share instruction on how to dismantle Idap-6? The original footer has a layer of hard plastic, CAyin can be moved if pressing any button without using another finger to hold the body.
Replacing footer may helps

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #251 of 424
@Andykong Possible to share instruction on how to dismantle Idap-6? The original footer has a layer of hard plastic, CAyin can be moved if pressing any button without using another finger to hold the body.
I just bought some cheap self-adhesive 1-inch diameter foam rubber pads and put them on the bottom of the iDAP-6's feet and have not had any more problems with sliding...and the shelf my iDAP-6 is sitting on is made of glass.
Hope this helps...

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Apr 8, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #252 of 424

Just collected my iDAP-6 back from a home trail, so I can take a picture on the footer for your reference.

This is what you'll see when you remove the plastic "cover" from the footer, it is detachable and can be reattached if you handle it carefully, I assume there is a lifetime to the adhesive function so please don't do that too often. You need to loose these screws if you want to remove the chassis to access the circuit board.

Warning: there is no user-service components inside iDAP-6, so we do not recommend you to fiddler with the circuit board of iDAP-6, Warranty service does not cover any damage or loss caused by man-made, misuse, abuse, unauthorized repair or modification, or other events beyond Company’s control. :beerchug:
hidden screw at foot.jpg

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #253 of 424
Just collected my iDAP-6 back from a home trail, so I can take a picture on the footer for your reference.

This is what you'll see when you remove the plastic "cover" from the footer, it is detachable and can be reattached if you handle it carefully, I assume there is a lifetime to the adhesive function so please don't do that too often. You need to loose these screws if you want to remove the chassis to access the circuit board.

Thanks for the instruction. Able to remove all 4 footer and replace with the non sliding type

Attachments

• IMG-20180409-WA0129.jpeg
    IMG-20180409-WA0129.jpeg
    869.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 12, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #255 of 424
Just received iDap-6 this afternoon. Hooked it up with my PS Audio Directstream DAC, I2S doesn't work. The DAC doesn't recognize any input from idap6 via i2s. Changed multiple cables, no luck. Anything that i might have missed or need to try?

Thanks
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back