Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jul 5, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #3,271 of 3,742
Is the Brown First Cayin i5 case still sold or discontinued i cant find it anywhere?
i only find the new Grey

The company released the grey (which should have been the stock) case immediately just months after the DAP release. My experience with the first (brown) case was terrible. They're slippery and looks and feels even cheaper than its already cheap price. Imagine having the pretty DAP getting dented because of that case. I've seen some other reports echoing my sentiments as well. But for the grey one, it got a lot of praise. You might wanna think twice if you're planning to get that brown case.

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #3,273 of 3,742
The brown is horrible.Too thick and the player will slip out. The grey fits snugly, but also the red stitching on it is done poorly.

That case was also another evidence that Cayin does not value its customers. Firstly, they obviously never tested the brown case
before relasing it and after it has been proven being a failure they just silently released the grey. Without any discount whatsoever for people
who wasted their money already on the brown.

Jul 7, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #3,274 of 3,742
Do anybody know if you connect wireless headphones like the qc35 or the Sony mdr 1000x on the i5?
So far, the Bluetooth performance on the i5 is not very good. For whatever reason, the pause/stop button does NOT WORK with any Bluetooth capable headphone I have used and in several cases the next and or back button doesn't work. Please keep in mind I am using 2.3 Beta, but I had the same issues with 2.2. Anyone's experience any different or the same?
To answer your question, test them before you buy them.

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #3,276 of 3,742
well my brand new i5 arrived today and it's not working! I turn it on select the language and timezone and the it says commencing experience and nothing happens!

I had the same issue but you have to press the screen in the middle or something.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #3,278 of 3,742
after getting angry and pressing all the buttons and basically manhandling it started working. but it get very warm is this normal?

That commencing thing fooled me too. I waited for a long time and felt like cheated when all I had to do was press that "commencing" button. And yes, it gets warm. I often drain the battery unintentionally because it was left playing even if I leave it on pause. I just turn if off whenever not in use.

Jul 8, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #3,281 of 3,742
Just noticed that this may be due to the 2.2 firmware. Do i need to roll back to 2.o firmware before installing the 2.3 beta or not?
From what I read much more stable on 2.0 or 2.3 beta.
If you upgrade to 2.3 beta it's actually 2.0.
As Cayin cannot downgrade. Andy just rerolled 2.0 into 2.3 beta for stability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back