Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Sep 25, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,441 of 3,742
I'm guessing the issues experienced will be addressed in future FW updates.

I seem to remember that similar issues with Wi-Fi, streaming etc were at the forefront with the X7, in which I followed the journey and outcome fervently.

Patience and elapse of time proved fruitful for a product eradicated of hardware deficiency.

To reiterate, this is probably software
related? Maybe even Tidal itself?

I watch and wait with confidence that improvement can be achieved.

Problem is present with both Tidal and Qobuz which suggests a problem with the I5 software.

The X7 never did manage to resolve the interference problem when streaming, thankfully the I5 does not suffer from this.

Sep 25, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #1,442 of 3,742
Problem is present with both Tidal and Qobuz which suggests a problem with the I5 software.

The X7 never did manage to resolve the interference problem when streaming, thankfully the I5 does not suffer from this.

It's very much looking like that. No doubt Cayin will look to improve on their product.

I never experienced what you did, fortunately, with the X7, which gives me hope that the i5 will with an update be resolved positively.

Sep 25, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #1,443 of 3,742
It's very much looking like that. No doubt Cayin will look to improve on their product.

I never experienced what you did, fortunately, with the X7, which gives me hope that the i5 will with an update be resolved positively.

I'm sure Cayin will resolve.

The only reason I returned the X7 was because Fiio confirmed that it was a hardware issue that couldn't be resolved.

Sep 26, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #1,444 of 3,742

how do you like i5 pairing w/ andromeda? any comments on the sound? 

Actually, it is really good: punchy and weighty bass, slightly forward mids (upper part) and extended treble. Overall neutral to bright sig, but extremely involving and detailed. Isolation is great and the fit is the best I've experienced from universal iems. 

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #1,445 of 3,742
Hi,

I connect the i5 to my JBL voyager with no issue. The only problem still exist is when you pause for a while like 5 mnts or so and wants to continue, the connection willl be loss and it is not easy to reconnect it again. I have to switch off either my JBL or the i5 so it can reconnect again. Please fix it.

The other issue, I encounter using bluetooth is when I connected to LG HBS-730.. The sound is very loud and cannot be reduce. even the i5 showing zero values, the sound still coming out from my bluetooth iem. I don't know whats the problem, maybe my LG not compatible with I5 because when connected to BT external speaker, its working just fine.

I also realize that the battery drains more faster with firmware 1.81 compare to 1.5. Hopefully it would be fixed in next firmware.

Sep 26, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #1,446 of 3,742
  Hi,

I connect the i5 to my JBL voyager with no issue. The only problem still exist is when you pause for a while like 5 mnts or so and wants to continue, the connection willl be loss and it is not easy to reconnect it again. I have to switch off either my JBL or the i5 so it can reconnect again. Please fix it.

The other issue, I encounter using bluetooth is when I connected to LG HBS-730.. The sound is very loud and cannot be reduce. even the i5 showing zero values, the sound still coming out from my bluetooth iem. I don't know whats the problem, maybe my LG not compatible with I5 because when connected to BT external speaker, its working just fine.

I also realize that the battery drains more faster with firmware 1.81 compare to 1.5. Hopefully it would be fixed in next firmware.

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] In playback mode via Bluetooth volume control does not work.[/color]

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #1,451 of 3,742
Mine did not encounter any auto shut downs for v1.81 so far and 3/4 of my loaded tracks are DSD files.

The player app was only crashing for v1.5.

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #1,453 of 3,742
this happen when i update the fw 1.81, with fw 1.51 always normal
always crash, lag n shutdown if i play dsd file, but did it happen with lossless file 16,24bit
today i ask them, they say is fine play dsd with new fw
they ask me to send the song file tonight by email

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #1,455 of 3,742
The screen still shows 30min at start and Spotify still causes the player to restart when launched. Perhaps I have the weirdest i5 or have I not upgraded the firmware correctly? I did the update through the wifi and directly from the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back