Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Sep 30, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,471 of 3,742
First pass impressions using MEE P1 at moderate listening volume with both DAPs and using Aphex Twin's new Cheetah EP in FLAC is that Shanling M5 has a warmer, fuller sound with a wider soundstage. Cayin i5 has a more neutral sound with an increased sense of separation of sound and a tighter, crisper overall sound. i5 soundstage was not as wide but had more depth. For this pairing and music, M5 edged out i5 for my listening preferences. M5 got my toes tapping and brought a smile to my face. i5 sounded a bit flat and the increased depth with corresponding width caught me off guard. Again, these are preliminary impressions comparing these two DAPs, and I'll try to chime back in with more thoughts as I find time.

Sounds like i5 might be more up my alley? When browsing by all songs, is it alpha order or does it group all track 01's together, etc?

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #1,472 of 3,742
i use my htc 10 phone as a DAP but i also have the cayin i5 for a few weeks now, but after much A/B i think the SQ on my phone is better. nice build on the i5 but the UI is pretty choppy, i had no issues w/ tidal stutter though.

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #1,474 of 3,742
Who else has experienced this? I had my i5 just newly charged in a bit extended time. I started playing music and there were times that the song will get this repeated jumping like a faulty CD. This was regardless of the format. I've tried FLAC, WAV & MP3.

I turned off the i5. Tried listening again and it's okay now. Weird. 
confused.gif

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #1,476 of 3,742
Unfortunately my i5 stop working, freezing!

After I update to 1.81 firmware and installed a couple of 3rd party apps, i5 freeze after 2-3 touches so I perform wipe cache partition and Factory Reset but it still not work.

Has anyone experience this situation?  Since Andy'll be back to his office at OCT, 20th please help?

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #1,479 of 3,742

After I update to 1.81 firmware and installed a couple of 3rd party apps, i5 freeze after 2-3 touches so I perform wipe cache partition and Factory Reset but it still not work.

Has anyone experience this situation?  Since Andy'll be back to his office at OCT, 20th please help?

yeah. i think new fw 1.81 have alot problems
from lag, restart, freeze when play HQ file... is hot when i touch back cover
andy must fix this !!!

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #1,483 of 3,742
  there are some bugs in the fw

I told Andykong in the case of critical errors in the firmware desired option return to the previous firmware version . In the factory no function recovery backup (nandroid) , then we need to allow the user to return to a working version of the firmware . And what happens , Cayin has released raw firmware with errors and the users do not have the ability set back , and sit outside with your bricks . So I ask why buy this raw product ? Guarantee from getting root ? My tablet has Nvidia 6 firmware versions , and I can at any time change without any restrictions , to choose the piercing that I like . And Nvidia won't make my warranty because of this . I wanted to buy i5 but now I have serious doubts to buy . You need to remove the limit , delete check the date of build !!!!!

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #1,484 of 3,742

If you bought your unit from official dealer, you can go ask them for warranty.

I've had far worse than you actually, just like a week or two after I got my i5.
Luckily I was still in Asia and Andy totally helped me with the repair.

Oct 1, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #1,485 of 3,742
Does anibody tried the eq? Is it good?
I am intresting in the bass area...
Any comparision with Cowon plenue series?
I have the d and aurisonics 2.5 and i want to change the dap.
Thank you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back