Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
May 17, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #3,196 of 3,742
To those who are searching for a good app, i suggest to try USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO.
Gapless is perfect, navigation has both library and folder views, with library including album artist tag and sorting by year and a good equalizer.
I also tryed the Cayin original USB-C to Coaxial (bought from advmp3 uk) and it works flawlessly with USB Audio Player, to connect my Mojo.

In the end, this is Android, and we are not bound to the stock player app...

That said, i'm very disappointed that Cayin abandoned this thread and,even though i like the i5 sound quality and design, i don't think i would buy one of their DAPs again...

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #3,197 of 3,742
an i5 2nd gen in same appearance with second MicroSD slot, real USB-C, polished UI and AptX HD would be close to being the perfect DAP.
Oh you are wrong. Then they will have half baked product again and then end support of it after a few trials and then work on the third hoping you will continue to buy their half baked products...

May 18, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #3,198 of 3,742
Oh you are wrong. Then they will have half baked product again and then end support of it after a few trials and then work on the third hoping you will continue to buy their half baked products...

I have a feeling they've learned a lot from the i5 and will come out with a strong 2nd generation product. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I don't think so.

May 18, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #3,202 of 3,742
May 18, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #3,203 of 3,742
I have a feeling they've learned a lot from the i5 and will come out with a strong 2nd generation product. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I don't think so.
I hope you are right.

May 19, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #3,204 of 3,742
I can't find the 'search thread' option that was there a couple of weeks ago so I can't find an answer to this.

So the stock i5 doesn't do gapless play properly. Does the 3rd party app, 'poweramp' work with the i5 and enable proper gapless play? Are there any issues you see using 3rd party apps?

May 19, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #3,205 of 3,742
I can't find the 'search thread' option that was there a couple of weeks ago so I can't find an answer to this.

So the stock i5 doesn't do gapless play properly. Does the 3rd party app, 'poweramp' work with the i5 and enable proper gapless play? Are there any issues you see using 3rd party apps?

Scroll to the topmost of the page. Click on the Search text box and additional options for search will appear. Type a keyword of whatever it is you want to search and tick the box which says "search this thread only." That is now the "search thread" function here.

May 19, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #3,207 of 3,742
Is AndyKong still active in other threads related to Cayin products, or has he stopped completely to write in this forum? Just to understand if we have some chances to see him again here to tell us something about possible future firmware upgrades.

May 19, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #3,208 of 3,742
Is AndyKong still active in other threads related to Cayin products, or has he stopped completely to write in this forum? Just to understand if we have some chances to see him again here to tell us something about possible future firmware upgrades.

I think he's on vacation somewhere right now with family/relatives. Saw some of his posts in FB. We should probably wait and give the man some time to enjoy life. :)

May 20, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #3,210 of 3,742

Scroll to the topmost of the page. Click on the Search text box and additional options for search will appear. Type a keyword of whatever it is you want to search and tick the box which says "search this thread only." That is now the "search thread" function here.
Hello pr0b3r,

I don't see the option(s) you describe on my PC either, using IE and also Chrome. What device are you using and what browser where you see the option to search in a single thread?

All,

Does anybody know how the i5 performs with the poweramp app, not just gapless play? I've had a look at this app on a phone and it seems really good.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back