1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Mar 21, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213
215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224
Next

Last
  1. archigius
    To those who are searching for a good app, i suggest to try USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO.
    Gapless is perfect, navigation has both library and folder views, with library including album artist tag and sorting by year and a good equalizer.
    I also tryed the Cayin original USB-C to Coaxial (bought from advmp3 uk) and it works flawlessly with USB Audio Player, to connect my Mojo.

In the end, this is Android, and we are not bound to the stock player app...

That said, i'm very disappointed that Cayin abandoned this thread and,even though i like the i5 sound quality and design, i don't think i would buy one of their DAPs again...

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    DroidSkin and heliosphann like this.
  2. Joseph Lin
    Oh you are wrong. Then they will have half baked product again and then end support of it after a few trials and then work on the third hoping you will continue to buy their half baked products...

3. nmatheis Contributor
    I have a feeling they've learned a lot from the i5 and will come out with a strong 2nd generation product. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I don't think so.

4. pr0b3r
    It's just sad how the strong support on this thread initially was, the weaker it is now, or already nothing at all.

5. nmatheis Contributor
    New avatar, eh @pr0b3r :wink:

Maybe @Andykong will join us again soon. Right now, I know he's preparing for a big audio show in LA.

6. pr0b3r
    yeah, Mugen from Samurai Champloo enjoying music :D

let's hope he comes back here with good news about the DAP

7. frost15
    Exactly, I haven't lost all hope. Andy come back! haha

8. Joseph Lin
    I hope you are right.

9. BrianD19
    I can't find the 'search thread' option that was there a couple of weeks ago so I can't find an answer to this.

So the stock i5 doesn't do gapless play properly. Does the 3rd party app, 'poweramp' work with the i5 and enable proper gapless play? Are there any issues you see using 3rd party apps?

10. pr0b3r
    Scroll to the topmost of the page. Click on the Search text box and additional options for search will appear. Type a keyword of whatever it is you want to search and tick the box which says "search this thread only." That is now the "search thread" function here.

BrianD19 likes this.
  11. BrianD19
    There is no 'search this thread only' option showing up. I'll try a computer later rather than an iPad.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  12. alleroy
    Is AndyKong still active in other threads related to Cayin products, or has he stopped completely to write in this forum? Just to understand if we have some chances to see him again here to tell us something about possible future firmware upgrades.

13. pr0b3r
    I think he's on vacation somewhere right now with family/relatives. Saw some of his posts in FB. We should probably wait and give the man some time to enjoy life. :)

14. nmatheis Contributor
    Andy might be getting ready for Munich and LA shows, too...

15. BrianD19
    Hello pr0b3r,

I don't see the option(s) you describe on my PC either, using IE and also Chrome. What device are you using and what browser where you see the option to search in a single thread?

All,

Does anybody know how the i5 performs with the poweramp app, not just gapless play? I've had a look at this app on a phone and it seems really good.

Cheers

First

Back
204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213
215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224
Next

Last