Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
May 7, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #3,166 of 3,742
I'm not sure of the naming of these different USB types, so I hope I'm not going to confuse matters.

My i5 didn't include the type of adapter I bought from Amazon. The adapter included was a micro usb type C to micro usb type A. It was a small adapter plug. My 128gb memory stick is 'full size' and doesn't fit any micro USB socket. If you look at the adapter on amazon you'll see what I mean.

The adapter included with the i5 allowed me only to charge the i5 using a micro USB type A cable connected to a charging plug or my PC USB socket. It didn't work connected to my PC for transferring files, for that I had to use the included type C cable.

Does that help at all?

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #3,167 of 3,742
I understand what you mean. What I was trying to do was use the supplied adapter to connect a micro USB male connection (either on a cable or on a Sandisk dual micro USB/USB A thumb drive). As you say maybe this isn't possible for transferring files or playing music. I will find out on tuesday when my USB C card reader arrives.

Thanks again

May 7, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #3,168 of 3,742
Thanks for the reply - that is exactly what I meant by OTG, and that is my problem. Using the adapter supplied with the i5 none of my sticks or micro SD cards are recognised. If you are correct then there must be a problem with the adapter. I will find out in a couple of days as I have ordered a USB C card reader. If that doesn't work mu i5 is going back too.

The adapter that come with the i5 is not OTG. If u want the i5 to play music file from thumb drive, then U have go buy a USB type c to USB A/mini A and make sure it written 'for power & data/syncing'. I have 1 from Belkin and it works 100%.

May 7, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #3,169 of 3,742
Hei Everyone

I'm new here
I just want to ask

I just received my Cayin i5
But it come with chinese language
Can someone help me with video or instruction how to change it to english
I really appreciate your help
Thanks before

I switched mine to the English version, You can find a guide in this thread somewhere that you can change it.

May 8, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #3,170 of 3,742
Re OTG. My USB Ccard reader arrived, Tried it with several micro SD cards (Sandiisk) formatted either exfat or fat32. Not recognised.

When I Plug in I get the messages - "USB Connected" followed immediately by "USB Safe to remove"

These are the same messages that appear if the reader is plugged in with no micro SD in it.

BUT The i5 does recognise 2x64GB Sandisk SDHC cards both formatted fat32. (Message "Preparing SD Card" and all is well).

So either the i5 recognises SDHC card but not micro SD cards (??) or my new card reader is faulty. (I have no way of checking this). I have quite a few micro SD cards, so this is annoying (and weird!). Looks like I'll have to invest in a couple of dual micro USB C/USB A thumb drives.....

May 9, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #3,171 of 3,742
Sadly I sent mine back, I'm really annoyed with this because it sounds excellent but the issue with gapless play is a deal breaker.

I tried the Opus 1 recently but the implemention of the line-out is poor, this is the other real deal breaker for me. Again, very unhappy because it sounds good with earphones.

I have no idea what to buy that will meet my needs. Line out is vital for me as any dap will be used with powered speakers most of the time. Gapless that works should be a given, imo.
That's really sad. I'm very happy with mine, but I cannot believe they won't release a new firmware with proper album sorting and a working gapless mode. It cannot be hard at all and they would make all Cayin i5 users the happiest dap users ever...

May 12, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #3,172 of 3,742
Abargil was another bug in the stock player , some albums that are the whole file and cue file after the end of the album are reproduced a second time , then there is no transition to another folder . And this error is found even other users from our Russian forum . A prepositional Andykong , if your firm doesn't want to update the firmware , then put at least the player who was in the 2.0 firmware!!!! Or ttlite firmware 2.0 which can be put on top of 2.2 . I was already furious firmware 2.2 . Such a wonderful player released with such raw software , and with such stupid restrictions . I have had a desire to sell the player , and more never to buy the company's products Cayin !!!!

May 12, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #3,173 of 3,742
18422512_10212944041706468_8756433684949121154_o.jpg

May 13, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #3,176 of 3,742
Unfortunately and to be honest, I don't use the gapless feature that much. Only when I want to listen to a full live album, I do use it. Is it not working for you?

It does work for me, but others are reporting that it doesn't work for them. I'm wondering what your experience is with gapless. Does it work for you with live albums, or do hear a gap between songs?

May 15, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #3,179 of 3,742
We have clarified our approach clearly in the past: i5 is optimized for local music playback, this is our top priority during product development. We provide third party applications and we devoted a lot of effort to optimize the i5 and improve its compatibility with third party applications, but in terms of our priority during Android customization process, playback interface, D to D conversion before DAC, WIFI/DLNA support, Bluetooth support has priority over third party applications. For the record, Cayin i5 project was started in Q3 2015, schedule to launch on Q1 2016, but delayed to Q2 2016 because of wifi interference problem. I don't think we had a lot of Android 5.1 based DAP during Q3 2015 to Q1 2016, so with reference to the time of i5 production development, we believe Android 4.4 is the correct choice.

Does the DLNA works on i5? I tried to play from dlna, it keeps sayings i5 has stopped error message. I am using firmware 2.2.

If it does not work, when will you plan to fix it?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back