Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Mar 8, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #2,941 of 3,742
  Regarding the upgrade, am I doing something wrong?

• Enter Recovery Mode of Cayin i5 by pressing Down key at the right side and Power On/off at the left side

- pressing both at once, shut off/restart opens
- pressing first down, holding and then power off/on, shut off/restart opens
- pressing first down then power off/on - screen shuts down

So how should I press it again? 

I feel stupid...

EDIT. Duh, you have to first switch off the player after copying the file and then enter the recovery mode. I suggest to put that in the instruction for dummies like me :wink:

you had to press and hold both at the same time

i let it auto download and update with wifi 

Mar 11, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #2,942 of 3,742
The Singapore CanJam is indeed a fantastic event. I arrived at Pan Pacific at 7:30am and the finished at 8pm, I rum out of steam after 5pm, so please pardon me if you visited Cayin Booth in the afternoon but was not properly briefed or received, tomorrow should be a better day since we don't start until 11am.,

For those who plans to come to CanJam tomorrow, please drop by our booth at Pacific Ballroom booth 16-17, looking forwards to seeing you.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 11, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #2,943 of 3,742
Andy might have run out of steam (you did look tired when I met you) yet you solved my long standing issues with my player.
Very glad I met you at Cayin booth in person, fantastic personality and am grateful for helping me despite having a long day.
Wish you have a great stay in Singapore!

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #2,944 of 3,742
I've been having a strange issue. I open the player from sleep, start a song, and the volume seems low. If I go to the EQ fine tuning menu, the volume suddenly goes to normal volume. Not like the EQ is engaging, but the volume gets significantly louder.
Anyone else notice this? I'm on the current 2.2 v firmware.
Thanks.

Mar 12, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #2,945 of 3,742
Has anyone been able to get Tidal to play well on the i5? Even 8 feet from my WiFi router I constantly get drop outs and skips. I've got the latest firmware installed.

Mar 12, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #2,946 of 3,742
Has anyone been able to get Tidal to play well on the i5? Even 8 feet from my WiFi router I constantly get drop outs and skips. I've got the latest firmware installed.

Searching the thread always helps since this has been discussed in multiple dozens of posts
wink.gif
  The official reply/explanation from Cayin was posted by Andy here a few weeks ago.
beerchug.gif

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #2,947 of 3,742

Searching the thread always helps since this has been discussed in multiple dozens of posts
wink.gif
  The official reply/explanation from Cayin was posted by Andy here a few weeks ago.
beerchug.gif

Thx. Lazy Sunday, what can I say... 
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #2,948 of 3,742
Hi

Just found this thread and joined the forum. This is my first post.

I bought the Cayin i5 last week. First impressions are great build quality and superb sound.

I plan to read all ~200 pages of this thread so apologises if the answer is in here somewhere.

Q. Where can I buy a case for the i5 in the UK other rhan ebay?
Q. Where can I buy a usb-c to coax so I can connect the i5 to a dac?
Q. Finally, a lot of the use of the i5 will be connected to my home audio system. Is there a control app similar to the Ak Connect ( for example ) for use with either an android phone or iphone/ipad?

Mar 13, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #2,950 of 3,742
Hi

Just found this thread and joined the forum. This is my first post.

I bought the Cayin i5 last week. First impressions are great build quality and superb sound.

I plan to read all ~200 pages of this thread so apologises if the answer is in here somewhere.

Q. Where can I buy a case for the i5 in the UK other rhan ebay?
Q. Where can I buy a usb-c to coax so I can connect the i5 to a dac?
Q. Finally, a lot of the use of the i5 will be connected to my home audio system. Is there a control app similar to the Ak Connect ( for example ) for use with either an android phone or iphone/ipad?

Not in UK but these stores deliver worldwide, AFAIK.

Official Cayin i5 leather case
Valentinum Cayin i5 leather case
Easecase E4 leather case for Cayin i5

USB type-c to coax, try to find here.

As for the third question, I don't know. Let's see if some other people here know about that.

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #2,952 of 3,742
Is it somehow possible to disable the lock screen completely? 
If not, would be good to add such an option in next firmware, as I use the player only at work, so no need for a lock screen and it's a bit irritating to unblock it every time.

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #2,954 of 3,742
I have the i5 in my possession again. Updated to v2.2. Man, this DAP sounds good. It's so much more musical and dynamic than the FiiO X5-3.

I laughed out loud when I saw the elaborate wood box the coaxial cable resides in. I don't remember that from before. Very over-the-top. But I like it! :D

The red-stitched case is quite lovely in person. Well done Cayin!

:beerchug:

Mar 13, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #2,955 of 3,742
I have the i5 in my possession again. Updated to v2.2. Man, this DAP sounds good. It's so much more musical and dynamic than the FiiO X5-3.

I laughed out loud when I saw the elaborate wood box the coaxial cable resides in. I don't remember that from before. Very over-the-top. But I like it!
biggrin.gif

The red-stitched case is quite lovely in person. Well done Cayin!

beerchug.gif

I decided to skip the x5iii after the x7 gong-show. Looks like it was a good call. Poked my head into that thread today - looks like the same old firmware issues the X7 had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back