Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Oct 1, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #1,486 of 3,742
  I told Andykong in the case of critical errors in the firmware desired option return to the previous firmware version . In the factory no function recovery backup (nandroid) , then we need to allow the user to return to a working version of the firmware . And what happens , Cayin has released raw firmware with errors and the users do not have the ability set back , and sit outside with your bricks . So I ask why buy this raw product ? Guarantee from getting root ? My tablet has Nvidia 6 firmware versions , and I can at any time change without any restrictions , to choose the piercing that I like . And Nvidia won't make my warranty because of this . I wanted to buy i5 but now I have serious doubts to buy . You need to remove the limit , delete check the date of build !!!!!

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] I judged the firmware and see that there is check the firmware date. If you remove this line, you can flash the firmware and the old. And since the installation process completely, and firmware update is digitally signed, it is absolutely safe. And I do not understand why there is no desire to realize it. No one can do the same root or to put custom firmware.[/color]
triportsad.gif

Oct 2, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #1,489 of 3,742
  Does anibody tried the eq? Is it good?
I am intresting in the bass area...
Any comparision with Cowon plenue series?
I have the d and aurisonics 2.5 and i want to change the dap.
Thank you...

I have Plenue D and I5 and although Plenue is great , it can't compete with I5. Mids on I5 are in the league of their own. EQ works great except that bass on the lowest 2 bands can be distorted if you push too high. I pair I5 with FiiO E12 Mount Blanc amp and it is simply Audio heaven. E12 with Plenue D does not improve sound, which is pretty common for Cowon players in my experience.

Oct 2, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #1,490 of 3,742
I I have installed, the USB audio player pro, with the application of EQ parametric, but the TypeC cable digital coaxial, connected to a maberick d1, I must say that for me the sound is addictive, I can not stop hearing,

Oct 2, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #1,491 of 3,742

I have Plenue D and I5 and although Plenue is great , it can't compete with I5. Mids on I5 are in the league of their own. EQ works great except that bass on the lowest 2 bands can be distorted if you push too high. I pair I5 with FiiO E12 Mount Blanc amp and it is simply Audio heaven. E12 with Plenue D does not improve sound, which is pretty common for Cowon players in my experience.

Thanks,do you think if i am parinig with c5 should be ok?

Oct 3, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #1,494 of 3,742

Couldn't say, never tried C5.

Just to mention, when using Momentum On Ear , I don't hear much difference when I5 Paired with E12 and I5 on it's on. But ATH M-50 is a different story, pairing with E12 is a must, or you sacrifice a lot of bass.

Are you sure you didn't have Bass switch on E12 when running your comparison?  Just saying cause it happened to me once.  I don't have E12, just E12A which is lower power version intended for less demanding full size and sensitive IEMs, and E12x in general should be transparent unless you have E12DIY and swap opamps.  I will try later M50x with i5 and E12A, but typically M50x is very efficient and easy to drive, and doesn't require too much power for bass to come alive unless you want coloring with an amp.  Also, I assume you had E12 connected to LO, not to HO where you can get some double-amping effect?

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #1,495 of 3,742

Are you sure you didn't have Bass switch on E12 when running your comparison?  Just saying cause it happened to me once.  I don't have E12, just E12A which is lower power version intended for less demanding full size and sensitive IEMs, and E12x in general should be transparent unless you have E12DIY and swap opamps.  I will try later M50x with i5 and E12A, but typically M50x is very efficient and easy to drive, and doesn't require too much power for bass to come alive unless you want coloring with an amp.  Also, I assume you had E12 connected to LO, not to HO where you can get some double-amping effect?

Yep, I had amp  on LO and tried with bass boost on and off.The issue I came across when pairing I5 with ATH M50 is that lowest 2 bands tend to distort quite a bit if I try to push them too high. Weird, but I have a feeling as if bass on I5 is somehow overgained or something. E12 produce punchy and much cleaner bass through M50 then I5's own amp. Who knows could be my aged ears and the fact that I like my EQ mildly V shaped. Ah, and another notemy AK70  finally arrived and I got to give to the AK straigth out of the box the moment I connected WiFi it asked me if I want to update Firmware to a latest 2 levels up. Sadly, I5 wouldn't even consider update over WiFi. Screen response on AK70 beats even some smartphones, it's that good. Will update when I play with it more and after Plenue M2 arrives, which might be tomorrow ( I know what you all going to say - I had to sell one of my kids to get all these toys, but hey I live only once and have (had) 3 kids! Lol!).

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #1,498 of 3,742
  Hello. Does anybody have a problem with a lack of bass in I5? Some people comlain that in FW 1.81 bass has not solid (attack). 

On the contrary, I find this a bass heavy player. The bass is quite good though.
What's less satisfactory is the treble. I find myself using FiiO's E17k pairing with my iPhone 6 plus more and more for it's balanced sound and wider soundstage and of course, for it's convenience since Spotify crashes before I even have a chance to log in with my account. Perhaps that's the problem with being an early adopter.

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #1,499 of 3,742
  On the contrary, I find this a bass heavy player. The bass is quite good though.
What's less satisfactory is the treble. I find myself using FiiO's E17k pairing with my iPhone 6 plus more and more for it's balanced sound and wider soundstage and of course, for it's convenience since Spotify crashes before I even have a chance to log in with my account. Perhaps that's the problem with being an early adopter.

I have i5 and I can say that bass is not good. I listen I5 with headphones XBA-Z5. Not enough of the body in beat, the bass is blurry, though it deep.

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #1,500 of 3,742
I have i5 and I can say that bass is not good. I listen I5 with headphones XBA-Z5. Not enough of the body in beat, the bass is blurry, though it deep.
no dap is enough for the z5, it needs an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back