Cavalli Audio - Liquid Lightning
Sep 14, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #167 of 209
Quote:

Finally hunted that guy Alex down. Been trying to get up there since Tuesday to pick this baby up.

Congrats on the setup Morbid.

Looks like you will be enjoying the weekend! I know I am loving mine. I am interested in picking up a BHSE on the used market, but that is not because I am unhappy with the LL, just want to compare them and decide for myself. I may actually put down a deposit on a new BHSE, Justin recently stated the wait time is  in the 3-4 month range. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Rumble.

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #171 of 209
Eh. She sits there and reads by herself for hours even when we're 'watching TV' together. She can deal with it.

EDIT: At this point though if I had any money I'd buy a pair of Zu Essence speakers immediately. $2k a pair for $5k speakers with a 100% trade in offer down the line.

Quote:
Quote:

Guilty as charged.  Though that has nothing to do with ownership of both of the aforementioned amps.

Also, congrats on your rig!  I see, in your future, many hours of enjoyment for your ears and many hours of anger from your girlfriend.

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #172 of 209
Oooooooooooooooooooooooo..................
Quote:

Finally hunted that guy Alex down. Been trying to get up there since Tuesday to pick this baby up.

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #175 of 209
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let people know that we are hoping to have a Liquid Lightning at our meet in San Diego on November 3rd. If you are in Southern California and want to hear it, please come to our meet.

(OK, I am not sure if Alex knows about thisyet, but we are awaiting his response to send a demo unit down to us...I hope it happens)

But I figured it would be a good excuse to promote our meet anyway:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/624972/san-diego-head-fi-meet-saturday-november-3rd-2012

-Darinf

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #178 of 209
I can't remember..............what time am I coming over for that listening session?
darthsmile.gif

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #179 of 209
Any time.

beerchug.gif

Quote:
I can't remember..............what time am I coming over for that listening session?
darthsmile.gif

It's a Cambridge 851C, actually. The latest model. It's the most flexible unit at 2k I've heard and it holds up even with all the options. I can solidly say it's worth it's asking price after comparing to other things in the price range. The USB input is great and with options like AES and multiple Coax ins it's a great choice.

That being said I'm probably going to put it up for sale soon, actually. Not because I don't like it but because I'm going to about double my investment as far as source goes. I heard a better one yesterday and it's gotta happen. :D

Quote:

Hi, Morbid!
Is that a CA 840C?
Do you also use it as DAC? What do you think about it?
Regards,
Erico

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #180 of 209
Quote:
Any time.

beerchug.gif

It's a Cambridge 851C, actually. The latest model. It's the most flexible unit at 2k I've heard and it holds up even with all the options. I can solidly say it's worth it's asking price after comparing to other things in the price range. The USB input is great and with options like AES and multiple Coax ins it's a great choice.

That being said I'm probably going to put it up for sale soon, actually. Not because I don't like it but because I'm going to about double my investment as far as source goes. I heard a better one yesterday and it's gotta happen. :D

What is this better one if I may ask?
Regards,
Erico

Users who are viewing this thread

Back