Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Mar 21, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #1,111 of 2,306
there is a liquid gold amplifier.
it is Cavalli's solid state amp.
only prototypes exist, if i'm not mistaken.

so, there's liquid gold, liquid fire, and liquid lightning.

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #1,114 of 2,306
My LF is on it's way. Provided the sound and build quality lives up to it's reputation and there's no problems with shipping, I am going to be one happy camper. I've never experienced such a pleasant purchase before. That Alex Cavalli is a joy to communicate with.

He's very nice to talk with face to face as well. He puts a lot of love into what he does...

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #1,115 of 2,306
Gold was mentioned at the Austin meet when talking with Alex. Nothing more than a mention though.

I'm trying to convince Alex to make a nice tube preamp. :D

Edited with a shot of the LF in the stack again.

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #1,117 of 2,306
How about changing the name to Liquid Platinum... or perhaps Liquid Radium for the heavy metal crowd?

At the moment it is Liquid Unobtanium..........

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #1,118 of 2,306
Hittin some Stones tonight I haven't listened to in a while.  Black and Blue. "Crazy Mama"  Beauty of a sound stage.  Picking up some claps I never heard before..............Liquid Fire Baby!!!

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #1,119 of 2,306

Quote:
Hittin some Stones tonight I haven't listened to in a while.  Black and Blue. "Crazy Mama"  Beauty of a sound stage.  Picking up some claps I never heard before..............Liquid Fire Baby!!!

I was living on Telegraph Hill in SF when this LP came out. Thanks for the memories! At the time I thought that the photo was incredible--and I still do. It makes for a classic record album cover.

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #1,120 of 2,306
My LF is on it's way. Provided the sound and build quality lives up to it's reputation and there's no problems with shipping, I am going to be one happy camper. I've never experienced such a pleasant purchase before. That Alex Cavalli is a joy to communicate with.

What was the shipping cost to WA if you dont mind me asking

Mar 23, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #1,121 of 2,306
Quote:
What was the shipping cost to WA if you dont mind me asking

Around $100 with USPS using Express International Post. It claims 3 - 5 days shipping although tracking is a little slow. Latest update is still "In sorting facility in Chicago" on the 20th, three days ago. Maybe it's just slow shipping but my experience is that they don't update that it's in country until they start delivering it to your house.

Alex gave me the option to use Fedex, mainly in case it was prefered as a more 'reliable' service, but their prices ranged from $200 to $350 abouts.

Mar 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #1,123 of 2,306

Quote:

Alex gave me the option to use Fedex, mainly in case it was prefered as a more 'reliable' service, but their prices ranged from $200 to $350 abouts.

Cheers.. Fedex is obscene to this place. Would be cheaper to have it sent to the Mier Space Station. Would also like to know whether/what you get slugged at Customs. Im waiting on a quote for the Dark Star.. as Im contemplating that amp but as you would know by the time shipping and import duty is added in it can increase the cost by 25%. Lucky the US Peso is below the Aussie $ atm... FTW!!!!

Mar 23, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #1,124 of 2,306
Quote:
There's also custom tax and GST on top of that.

Yes, but since I haven't received it yet I've no idea what it's going to be. Alex mentioned something about being required to declare it at $1000 value. Since you only pay Customs Tax and GST on items valued over $1000 in Australia, I may not have to pay anything. Here's hoping.

Mar 23, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #1,125 of 2,306

Quote:

Cheers.. Fedex is obscene to this place. Would be cheaper to have it sent to the Mier Space Station. Would also like to know whether/what you get slugged at Customs. Im waiting on a quote for the Dark Star.. as Im contemplating that amp but as you would know by the time shipping and import duty is added in it can increase the cost by 25%. Lucky the US Peso is below the Aussie $ atm... FTW!!!!

Gotta love this mining boom, heh.
biggrin.gif

I'm really hoping that $1000 american will be seen as under the customs value limit for being taxed... I shall report back once I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back