Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here
Aug 7, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #271 of 349
Gents, editing out this post because MOTs have be neutral in what they say in this part of the forums.
smile.gif

Aug 7, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #272 of 349

Quote:
Maybe something to consider, the Woo WA22/WA6SE has NP with the HD-800's, but those Woos simply fall flat when using a pair of HE-6's. On the other hand the LF so far seems to handle the HE-6's very well.
Once I get over the 150 hour mark on my LF I will give my HD-800 its day in court with my LF/DAC1+caps combo + using the rest of my system.

Good to know SS, thanks.

Aug 7, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #273 of 349
^ Thanks sillysally and runeight. Good to know x2. I've been eying the BDP-95 too.

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #274 of 349

Quote:
I have an OPPO BDP-95. The combination of the 95/LF/LCD2 is pretty impressive.

And gents, in case some are not aware, the second production run pre-order is now open. Delivery is expected in October. See the website. :)

Yes the BDP-95 with its ES9018 DACs is very impressive for analog and that is the reason why I got the W4S DAC 1+caps (ES9018).
Up until my Realiser offered a upgrade of HDMI in/outs I really liked the analog audio of the BDP-95. However I now use the HDMI port 2 of the BDP-95 for MC LPCM connected to my Realiser , so there is no need now to use the analog ports of my BDP-95.

My chain is BDP-95 via HDMI----->Realiser HDMI in, Toslink out---->W4S DAC1 out via interconnects---->LF---->HE-6.

Aug 7, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #275 of 349
Quote:
Yes the BDP-95 with its ES9018 DACs is very impressive for analog and that is the reason why I got the W4S DAC 1+caps (ES9018).
Up until my Realiser offered a upgrade of HDMI in/outs I really liked the analog audio of the BDP-95. However I now use the HDMI port 2 of the BDP-95 for MC LPCM connected to my Realiser , so there is no need now to use the analog ports of my BDP-95.

My chain is BDP-95 via HDMI----->Realiser HDMI in, Toslink out---->W4S DAC1 out via interconnects---->LF---->HE-6.

Wow, it seems like you could downgrade to a BDP-85 at this point and not notice a difference if you are outputting via HDMI.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #276 of 349

Quote:
Wow, it seems like you could downgrade to a BDP-85 at this point and not notice a difference if you are outputting via HDMI.

Yes I could down grade to a BDP-93 with NP, and not that the BDP-85 would not do the job as far as AQ via HDMI but its lacking in some other features like one HDMI port for just video and one HDMI port for LPCM up to 7.1 audio out to my Realiser.
wink_face.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #277 of 349

Quote:
Yes I could down grade to a BDP-93 with NP, and not that the BDP-85 would not do the job as far as AQ via HDMI but its lacking in some other features like one HDMI port for just video and one HDMI port for LPCM up to 7.1 audio out to my Realiser.
wink_face.gif

SS, I'd really really really like to know if there is a difference using the BDP-95 as a standalone or how it compares in combination with W4S. Since they both use the same DAC, does the W4S add anything (this would only apply to CD's). Thanks.

Aug 8, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #278 of 349

Quote:

SS, I'd really really really like to know if there is a difference using the BDP-95 as a standalone or how it compares in combination with W4S. Since they both use the same DAC, does the W4S add anything (this would only apply to CD's). Thanks.

Yes that is something I want to know also. Right now I only have about 60+ hours on both my W4S Dac and LF amp, plus I had W4S use (upgrade) the same caps that are used in there DAC2, so I would end up with the same AQ in my Dac1 as is the Dac2.
So I hope by next weekend to start my comparisons.

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #279 of 349

Quote:
Yes that is something I want to know also. Right now I only have about 60+ hours on both my W4S Dac and LF amp, plus I had W4S use (upgrade) the same caps that are used in there DAC2, so I would end up with the same AQ in my Dac1 as is the Dac2.
So I hope by next weekend to start my comparisons.

Thanks SS, really looking forward to it.

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #280 of 349
Gents, I'm editing out this post. It was intended to simply answer a request for information, but I think I may have stepped over the MOT line.

Got to follow Joe Friday's dictum, "Just the facts ma'm, just the facts."
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #281 of 349

Quote:
Someone asked about comparisons between the LF and Red Wine. Here is one post from headfi.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/512917/where-can-i-do-a-pre-order-for-the-cavalli-liquid-fire-or-liquid-gold/30#post_7427396

Also, there is an expanded post from avguide by the same gentleman.

http://www.avguide.com/blog/first-listen-cavalli-audio-liquid-fire-hybrid-headphone-amplifier#comment-51831

Scroll down to the comment section. Hope you find this helpful. :)

That was me and I appreciate the links. But I still haven't seen a specific comparison of the Liquid Fire to the RWA Audeze Edition using an LCD-2. Having said that I would love to have both, using the RWA for off the grid, as well as a source for the LF when tethered.

Edit: I finally found a comparison in the recent New Jersey Meet thread:

"And then I listened to the Audeze Edition DAC/amp with the LCD-2s (looked like rev1?) and the K1000s. The LCD-2 and RWA Audeze Edition were really really nice. There was a coherency in the sound - obviously they were made for each other. I recently received my Liquid Fire and based on my brief time with both, the RWA Audeze Edition had more impact and the Liquid Fire has more air. This might have to do with the fact that I am now using a rev2 LCD-2 with the Liquid Fire and the sources are different. After hearing the RWA, I would be happy with either the Liquid Fire or the RWA with my LCD-2. Vinnie - great job, and Larry - enjoy the RWA with your K1000s."

Except for the bolded part of course. But this is the closest I have seen to a true comparison yet. Hopefully there wil be more coming!

Aug 9, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #283 of 349
The amp stablizes at about 150 hours. After that, my experience is that it doesn't change much until you change tubes.

Aug 9, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #285 of 349
In all fairness, I could ask the same question about my W4S Dac that I got at the same time as my LF and am braking in both the LF and W4S at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back