Carry case/pouch for Denon D2000/D5000/D7000
Jan 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #46 of 63
Quote:
They came in today, and while I really like this case, I'm a nitpicker and a perfectionist, so I'm going to "mod" em a little bit.

- because the inner materials are too hard, so it scratches on a d5k --> going to put in satin (which would essentially make the inside the same as a d7k case)
- because I don't want to stress the cable when I put em inside, I'm going to have to start the incision for the cups a bit higher

Build quality is excellent, shipping was 4 days from hongkong to holland. It's looks quite big when you receive it, but in the end, the size is just right.

More opinions soon.. :D

Thanks for your impressions I'm yet to buy one, but when I do so I'm definitely going for the HiFiMan one, probably the best value for money so far.

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #47 of 63

Don't really have to explain anything I think, I cut out pieces so the headband didn't have to expand from it's most closed position, and also a little bit for the earcups. If you have lawton or latinen cups that are deeper than the stock, you might have to cut out more. Going to do the inside with satin, because I bought my D5k second-handed, and the owner didnt have the original box.

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #48 of 63
Quote:

Don't really have to explain anything I think, I cut out pieces so the headband didn't have to expand from it's most closed position, and also a little bit for the earcups. If you have lawton or latinen cups that are deeper than the stock, you might have to cut out more. Going to do the inside with satin, because I bought my D5k second-handed, and the owner didnt have the original box.

Good job modifying the Hifiman case, it makes it even more desirable as a case option for the Denons.

May 14, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #50 of 63
May 14, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #52 of 63
Dang cheaper than my pelican 1300. Should have researched :frowning2:

May 15, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #54 of 63
Your phones are so sick WOW, the black thing really makes them look incredible @canadian411

Thanks! Are you referring to the black form?

May 15, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #56 of 63
Yeah well the part that is usually silver, you put some kind of material or paint on it ?

Oh.. this isn't Denon, its Fostex TH900 :)

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #60 of 63
Oh my $33 just for the shipping? !

Why you didn't get Pelican instead from mec.com.? Free shipping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back