Cardas Earbud / Hearing Aid Project (aka Cardas Mirrors)
Apr 7, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #31 of 87
Very interested to see a review.

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #35 of 87
It is very unfortunate that they have ignored all the question that the community has posted on their official facebook page and on head-fi. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #36 of 87
Andy Reagan from Cardas got back to me 3 weeks ago when I pm'd him. He said they were going into final prototype. I think if there is no news 
by mid april we can deservedly raise hell :) 

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #37 of 87
Okay so now it's June...
angry_face.gif

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #38 of 87
I find it kind of rude to see each time promises of "update in a week time" only to have months go by without any updates. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #40 of 87
Quote:
Hi All,

Andy Regan from Cardas here. For those of you that came to CES you had the opportunity to hear the Cardas EM 5813 Ear Speakers. We will be releasing full info the end of this week and will post it all on our page on Head-fi. Jude also did a full interview with George at the show along with pictures and video which I am sure he will post soon.

The EM5813's were designed from the ground up by George Cardas and the "Ear Mirror" designation stems from the fact that they "mirror" the human hearing system from the driver size, to the curves of the ear piece matching the Cochlea which is a perfect Golden Ratio.

The EM 5813's will come in two models:

Model 1: Is in a Black Chrome finish and will sell for approx $324.00 Retail

Model 2: Is in a Copper Finish and will sell for approx $424.00 Retail

The difference between the models is more then finish, they have different drivers in them and have very different  sonic characteristics and efficiencies. The reaction at CES was very positive and we look forward to hearing your (the headfi community) opinions.

Look for information this week on our page and thanks for all your interest 

This was over 17 months ago.

Quote:
Called Cardas world headquarters today. The latest word on availability is June. Will be available from any Cardas dealer, so they say.

Um, June of what year? This was March 2012.

Quote:
sick of waiting. 

Quote:
It is very unfortunate that they have ignored all the question that the community has posted on their official facebook page and on head-fi. 

Quote:
Andy Reagan from Cardas got back to me 3 weeks ago when I pm'd him. He said they were going into final prototype. I think if there is no news 
by mid april we can deservedly raise hell :) 

What a bunch of BS wishful thinking! How exactly does hell get raised around here
rolleyes.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #43 of 87
I'm no reviewer, but I'll do my best.

The build quality is outstanding, some of the nicest I've seen. The housing is very attractive copper (yes, real metal - not plastic). The cable is Cardas Clear Light so no need for a re-cable as this one is already upgraded 
biggrin.gif

The cable is thicker than your standard IEM wire. It's a bit stiffer but totally manageable and like all Cardas Cable, the build is exceptional. There is a 90 deg plug which is small enough in diameter that it should fit through most phone cases and a very solid Y split housing with the classic Nautilus logo. 

In the box is a spare set of ear tips that appear to be the same size but a different color. There is also a cleaning too and nice carrying pouch. 

They sounded good out of the box but I left them run overnight as well as last night and they opened up considerably.
Best way I could describe the sound is smooth and relaxing. The soundstage width is also pretty impressive as many other people who tried them at the meet yesterday also noticed. The bass is balanced with the rest of the sound and not overpowering.  

I just put my JH Audio 13 Feq Phase phones back on. I love my customs and previously had no problem with the tonal balance, but today they are sounding a bit thin and bright to me. The Cardas ear speakers are sounding more natural and musical right now and I feel like keeping them in. 

That says a lot especially when the Cardas phones are HALF the price of my customs!  

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #44 of 87
Quote:
I'm no reviewer, but I'll do my best.

The build quality is outstanding, some of the nicest I've seen. The housing is very attractive copper (yes, real metal - not plastic). The cable is Cardas Clear Light so no need for a re-cable as this one is already upgraded 
biggrin.gif

The cable is thicker than your standard IEM wire. It's a bit stiffer but totally manageable and like all Cardas Cable, the build is exceptional. There is a 90 deg plug which is small enough in diameter that it should fit through most phone cases and a very solid Y split housing with the classic Nautilus logo. 

In the box is a spare set of ear tips that appear to be the same size but a different color. There is also a cleaning too and nice carrying pouch. 

They sounded good out of the box but I left them run overnight as well as last night and they opened up considerably.
Best way I could describe the sound is smooth and relaxing. The soundstage width is also pretty impressive as many other people who tried them at the meet yesterday also noticed. The bass is balanced with the rest of the sound and not overpowering.  

I just put my JH Audio 13 Feq Phase phones back on. I love my customs and previously had no problem with the tonal balance, but today they are sounding a bit thin and bright to me. The Cardas ear speakers are sounding more natural and musical right now and I feel like keeping them in. 

That says a lot especially when the Cardas phones are HALF the price of my customs!  

Well will you be the only customer? ... lol .. I mean I think most of head-fiers who are interested in this product have been OVERLY patient. Seems like insiders report every now and again about how great they are (and it's coming soon), and that's it. When will the product actually go on sale?

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #45 of 87
This has to be one of the worst new product introductions since the JH3A...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back