Cardas Earbud / Hearing Aid Project (aka Cardas Mirrors)
Jan 23, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #16 of 87
Jan 26, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #17 of 87
Still waiting for when we can purchase these. Take your time, but let's go!!! LOL

Feb 5, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #18 of 87

Quote:
Initially, for a second, I thought I was seeing the $1K Final Audio model.  The Cardas sure look pretty.  Unlike most other IEM cables, at least we know the Cardas is without question top notch.  I loved my Cardas cable when I owned the HD600/650. 

My own opinion on Cardas didnt matter (however very positive) when I read that these IEMs will be made in China :p Now, im not someone very paranoid about (Quality) Chinese technology, however I doubt that they will be as top notch as other US made IEMs such as JHA and Westone, even the cables themselves.

Feb 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #19 of 87
Westone uses Knowles drivers which are Chinese powered. "Knowles has manufactured in Asia since 1974, with world-class facilities in China and Malaysia." AFAIK, the Westone 3 is made in China...http://www.head-fi.org/t/400869/westone-3-is-assembled-in-china-or-usa

In front of the driver is a one piece brass or steel(depending on the model) housing. No plastic sound tube like Westone and other high end IEMs. Throw in a Cardas cable as well.

I think you should trust in George Cardas and with all the quality products he puts his name on. Your opinion should probably be the other way round till proven otherwise. You might be the only one that doubts they will be made as well as other phones. Most of us are worried about how good they are going to sound vs. other high end earphones.

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #20 of 87
"Ear Speakers"
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think Stax got may have the Copyright and TM on that branded nomenclature, pal. For over 4 decades, to boot.
How 'bout "Canal Speaker" or "In-Ear Speaker" ... hey, I like IES ... sounds WAY less pretentious than In-Ear Monitor, too.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #21 of 87
Is it me or do I feel I am not getting a terrible decent return to my money in spending $200-400 on a set of IEM that tend to break or are difficult to maintain working for the long run.  About 3 years ago, I got a pair of Westone 3 which failed within 1 year and thanks for the 2 year warranty extension, I was able to have them replace it with a brand new pair...but to expect $400 to last just 2 years, after which warranty runs out, for me is quite bothersome.  What is the warranty policy for these new Cardas IEM?  Have they worked out issues with the fragility of cable+driver link, which I find is the reason why the majority of the IEM I have had failed.  

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #25 of 87

Quote:
Any updates? Are these going to be available at retail soon?

Called Cardas world headquarters today. The latest word on availability is June. Will be available from any Cardas dealer, so they say.

Kevin

Mar 30, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #27 of 87
Final Audio Design doesn't use OEMs, they design everything in-house (hence their name). Their 1350 M1 / M2 shells were eventually adapted by another company to be used OEM once discontinued by FAD, but I believe it was still designed by FAD.

The 1601 series that you're referring to indeed bears a striking similarity to the Ear Mirror, but it's not exactly the same. Both are designed by their respective companies from the ground up for specific goals: FAD wanted to mimic a speaker horn, while Cardas is modeling theirs after the inside of an ear apparently.

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #28 of 87

Quote:
these really look like Final Audio's stuff... 

That's the first thing that came to my mind when I first saw the pics too.

I wonder how well they'll compare to other top-tier universals 
popcorn.gif

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #29 of 87
Also interested...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back