Can't Feel the Music...
Apr 20, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #31 of 80
Last concert I went to was Air Supply at the Blaisdell Arena, epic concert.

Avi made that group, in my opinion. Just tied them together wonderfully. Brought balance to the force that was the original Pentatonix.

Been a Maynard fan since I started playing trumpet at 13. Been listening to the same tracks for almost 30 years now on lower quality headphones. Sundara's just didn't do if for me, way too painful on my ears.

Lived mostly in Pearl City, but moved to Ewa my last few years then once I could finally afford a house, lol.

Funny thing, I was quite happy with my HD 598s dynamic drivers but wanted to explore this whole planar tech. Now I've gone down the rabbit hole. Money isn't really a limiting factor for me at the moment but not gonna spend 6k on Susvara's if when I'm still trying to figure things out. I just want to try everything based on smart recommendations then decide from experiences.
Same here. I played trombone since I was in 5th grade. That was way back in 1973.

Apr 20, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #32 of 80

HiFiHawaii808:​

Last concert I went to was Air Supply at the Blaisdell Arena, epic concert.

Avi made that group, in my opinion. Just tied them together wonderfully. Brought balance to the force that was the original Pentatonix.

Been a Maynard fan since I started playing trumpet at 13. Been listening to the same tracks for almost 30 years now on lower quality headphones. Sundara's just didn't do if for me, way too painful on my ears.

Lived mostly in Pearl City, but moved to Ewa my last few years then once I could finally afford a house, lol.

Funny thing, I was quite happy with my HD 598s dynamic drivers but wanted to explore this whole planar tech. Now I've gone down the rabbit hole. Money isn't really a limiting factor for me at the moment but not gonna spend 6k on Susvara's if when I'm still trying to figure things out. I just want to try everything based on smart recommendations then decide from experiences.
It's cheaper to buy the Susvara and then never come back to this message board.

Apr 20, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #33 of 80
Apr 20, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #36 of 80
Eh. I think the Denons can keep up just fine.
So you think you can determine his subjective preferences based on yours? He mentioned Susvara, not me.

Apr 20, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #37 of 80
Peace, love and much happiness. Mister Mellow on Tidal is just........ wow.... on these T60RP's. Mucho Mellow.....

Next up, Waltz For Nicole (Brass Attitude)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #38 of 80
Peace, love and much happiness. Mister Mellow on Tidal is just........ wow.... on these T60RP's. Mucho Mellow.....

Next up, Waltz For Nicole (Brass Attitude)
We must be listening to the same playlist. "This is Maynard Ferguson"

Apr 20, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #39 of 80
In non-audiophile terms, these T60RPs are missing the whole lower spectrum of most of the music I've been listening to for a very long time. The mids also sound muffled. Idk. Doesn't happen on every song but the ones I know well seem to have the characteristics. Like someone put a trash can over my head. Like, it's kinda hard to explain. Everything seems closed up or compressed. Maybe compressed is the correct terminology. Something just doesn't seem right.

Apr 20, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #40 of 80
We must be listening to the same playlist. "This is Maynard Ferguson"
No playlist here. Just listening to what I like. Guess whomever made that playlist must be a genius. :) I have my list of Maynard songs I test with every one of these headphones I've been recently testing.

Going from the cassette walkman, to the diskman, to mp3 player, to ipod nano, to computer speakers, to decent monitors, and now to high end headphones, I've only noticed a big change in sound quality in the last few months. Not sure why. Maybe the tiny hairs in my ears are grey now and hear music differently, or maybe I have too much time on my hands being retired, lmao!

1618895617141.png

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #41 of 80
No playlist here. Just listening to what I like. Guess whomever made that playlist must be a genius. :) I have my list of Maynard songs I test with every one of these headphones I've been recently testing.

Going from the cassette walkman, to the diskman, to mp3 player, to ipod nano, to computer speakers, to decent monitors, and now to high end headphones, I've only noticed a big change in sound quality in the last few months. Not sure why. Maybe the tiny hairs in my ears are grey now and hear music differently, or maybe I have too much time on my hands being retired, lmao!
I really dig the pairing of an IFI Diablo with the Focal Clear OG. I heard them together about 2 weeks ago. I recently bought the Focal Clears which should be arriving next month. I may buy a Diablo just to pair with the Clears. I have no idea if you will like them, but I do know some of the music you like and this music is fantastic with this pairing.

Apr 20, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #42 of 80
Misra-Dhenuka 9:15.... Holy Shizz.....just Beautiful!!

Apr 20, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #43 of 80
I really dig the pairing of an IFI Diablo with the Focal Clear OG. I heard them together about 2 weeks ago. I recently bought the Focal Clears which should be arriving next month. I may buy a Diablo just to pair with the Clears. I have no idea if you will like them, but I do know some of the music you like and this music is fantastic with this pairing.
Congratulations on the Clears. The aesthetics are top notch beautiful. Rave reviews all over the place. I would love to listen to a pair.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #44 of 80
I only want Gloryhammer Hootsforce to physically transport me into another dimension, like my comparatively cheaper book shelf speakers do. Is that too much to ask out of a high end headphone?.......

Well you can't override physics. From a literal sense you really just hear the music instead of feeling it. Speakers are kind of like the shock and awe of military bombardment on your entire body, headphones are like snipers taking out high value targets you don't even have an emotional attachment to.

Or given what I realized after drawing this out: speakers are like the awe of standing before (oh nuts I almost forgot I can't talk about these things on this forum for any reason, so instead of something the mods might delete before you read it, just think of how it looks like a flag and what that flag meant to those that carried it because somebody is supposedly a relative of that big hot thing in the sky).

HF_02.jpg

I mean it won't matter how much any headphones cost, that diagram is still mostly true - you won't literally feel the music, and if much of what you perceive about feeling the music is based on the palpable, physical dimension of it, then there's no amount of money that will remedy that problem since even a Focal or Stax will just be right outside your ears.

Besides, you have speakers. Personally if I can use speakers without room acoustics issues or noise conflicts I would only have IEMs for when I'm somewhere noisy where I can't take a speaker (like on a train or a plane) and I'd just upgrade the speakers instead of spending time and money on headphones.

Apr 20, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #45 of 80
Well you can't override physics. From a literal sense you really just hear the music instead of feeling it. Speakers are kind of like the shock and awe of military bombardment on your entire body, headphones are like snipers taking out high value targets you don't even have an emotional attachment to.

Or given what I realized after drawing this out: speakers are like the awe of standing before (oh nuts I almost forgot I can't talk about these things on this forum for any reason, so instead of something the mods might delete before you read it, just think of how it looks like a flag and what that flag meant to those that carried it because somebody is supposedly a relative of that big hot thing in the sky).

HF_02.jpg

I mean it won't matter how much any headphones cost, that diagram is still mostly true - you won't literally feel the music, and if much of what you perceive about feeling the music is based on the palpable, physical dimension of it, then there's no amount of money that will remedy that problem since even a Focal or Stax will just be right outside your ears.

Besides, you have speakers. Personally if I can use speakers without room acoustics issues or noise conflicts I would only have IEMs for when I'm somewhere noisy where I can't take a speaker (like on a train or a plane) and I'd just upgrade the speakers instead of spending time and money on headphones.
Amazing artwork. I'm still digesting what you wrote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back