Can't Feel the Music...
Apr 25, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #61 of 80
Glad to see you totally got my point.

The Asgard3, I think, will never fail on you with ANY cans... Looks like it got plenty of power to drive the toughest bad boys.
So you'd better not worry about that point. Anything you'll plug... LOUD and clear :)

One detail worth to mention is planar tech headphones are sensitive to the source and can turn really weird and aching with some piece of equipment.
So it can be that your rig will sound terrible whenever you use planars... Not 100% sure but keep it in mind.
For example, vacuum tubes are widely said to make planars sound terrible. Otherwise, tubes are totally fine and can be a huge bump.
If you plan to buy other planars, better ask other users the source they use/recommend with their particular set first.

Would be interesting to test another configuration and replace/add hardware. Another DAC maybe if you can borrow such a piece of equipment...
Just try and experiment. Whatever you modify or tweak will give you a different sound. Can be a way to compare and choose the signature that satisfies you the most.

Did you already try to switch from PC to another device as source? CD player, smartphone, digital player...

Apr 25, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #62 of 80
I always recomment the Zen CAN over the overpriced signature... there is a video around on youtube that shows the Signature is more or less the same in the bass with actually a less desirable treble spike vs the CAN IMO making it better and cheaper.... not sure if the signature comes with the iPower however which seems to make a difference and is $50

@Maximus Pain @OP I stopped myself from replying when I saw you bought Audeze as I went with the cheaper mobius + Zen CAN and it has improved my headphone experience with my DT990 basscanon build as well as made my Sundara from a k-drama/natural beast to something I enjoy for music as well so above all I suggest you invest in iFi and I think my M1570+iFi experience for the record comes close or better to the LCD-2C/Fazor one.... Not to detract as owning an Audeze is just feels nice as I am wearing my mobius now and thoroughly enjoy it but I think the amount of Bass output on the 2C with the Xbass button would be titanic since I use it on the M1570 which is relatively rolled off to come closer to the 2C/Fazor amount of bass.

All that said please do not take my post as harping on another similar headphone as I simply am a slave to the fact if I love something I will spread the gospel.
Just have the Signature 6XX and think it is fantastic with the 6XX haven’t tried it with the Zen Can though.

Apr 25, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #63 of 80
Thank you for testing the suggested song.

I have to say. My mind and ears are currently twisted in a knot modding the T60RP. Testing ZMF swede and protein pads, mayflower baffle mod, blocking ports, yada, yada, yada, yada. These small mods change the sound drastically. I have a keen ear to know what I don't like. It's just hard for me to put it into words since I don't know the lingo well. Considering sending them to Modhouse and have him work his magic if he ever gets his crap straight, being a small family business and all. Very curious on his sound signature for the T60RPs.

On another note. The LCD-2C are a real dream. Gloryhammer smacked me right in the nads. Everyone here that suggested the LCD-2C's were on point. The music is ALIVE. Plenty of detail without being overbearing. Not fatiguing for most genres. I still could use a little more bass presence but what is there is nice, clean and full. I can feel the music. Clear keepers and potentially "end game", lol (whatever that means :wink: )

They are not perfect though, Maynard Ferguson, Arturo Sandoval, Dizzy Gillespie, Fats Navarro, and Al Hirt still are too bright and piercing to a point. Not as bad as the Sundara's and HD560s. I guess that makes me treble sensitive. (Being a trumpet player, I find that kinda funny.) Should I learn to EQ? Man, I really don't want to add any unnecessary stress to my music listening experience. Honestly, I wish I could unhear most of the things I hear in music. Whether it be due to a low quality recording, lackluster sound engineers, or my own subpar gear.

Anywho, I think I may need a different kind of headphone to listen to my favorite trumpet screaming players other than the LCD-2Cs. Which I'm thinking where the modhouse mod may help. Not sure though. Lets see if Modhouse actually opens up for Argonization next month. If so, I'll be the first to send my T60RPs in for tuning.

Quick reference of the ear drum piercing music I love so much (in obviously better quality than youtube):

Just to be clear the LCD-2C’s are the Classic’s and not LCD-2Closed right ?

Apr 25, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #64 of 80
I'm still interested in listening
Just to be clear the LCD-2C’s are the Classic’s and not LCD-2Closed right ?
Classics

Apr 25, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #65 of 80
Just have the Signature 6XX and think it is fantastic with the 6XX haven’t tried it with the Zen Can though.
They are basically almost the exact same even on the 6XX there is a vid on youtube (I am having deja vu right now just thought I mention incase I said this to you before I know I talked to someone else about it) and the bass is literally like less than 1db difference everywhere except.... actually the Sig vs the normal, the SIg has a treble spike that puts it above harman while the normal is like all spikes lined up below it.... IMO it almost seems like if you looked between the two you would assume the non-sig is the one made for the 6XX I would say strange choice by drop either considering that (obviously this is subjective) or them being very close to the same with such a big price difference compared to price... but drop loves money, I hope at least the Sig comes with the iPower as I have heard the normal power adapter isn't up to the spec as far as AMPs it can take and there is a difference

either way it being so close to the normal honestly is an advantage as it sounds great on so many headphones so I highly recommend pushing it often :)

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #66 of 80
Thank you for testing the suggested song.

I have to say. My mind and ears are currently twisted in a knot modding the T60RP. Testing ZMF swede and protein pads, mayflower baffle mod, blocking ports, yada, yada, yada, yada. These small mods change the sound drastically. I have a keen ear to know what I don't like. It's just hard for me to put it into words since I don't know the lingo well. Considering sending them to Modhouse and have him work his magic if he ever gets his crap straight, being a small family business and all. Very curious on his sound signature for the T60RPs.

On another note. The LCD-2C are a real dream. Gloryhammer smacked me right in the nads. Everyone here that suggested the LCD-2C's were on point. The music is ALIVE. Plenty of detail without being overbearing. Not fatiguing for most genres. I still could use a little more bass presence but what is there is nice, clean and full. I can feel the music. Clear keepers and potentially "end game", lol (whatever that means :wink: )

They are not perfect though, Maynard Ferguson, Arturo Sandoval, Dizzy Gillespie, Fats Navarro, and Al Hirt still are too bright and piercing to a point. Not as bad as the Sundara's and HD560s. I guess that makes me treble sensitive. (Being a trumpet player, I find that kinda funny.) Should I learn to EQ? Man, I really don't want to add any unnecessary stress to my music listening experience. Honestly, I wish I could unhear most of the things I hear in music. Whether it be due to a low quality recording, lackluster sound engineers, or my own subpar gear.

Anywho, I think I may need a different kind of headphone to listen to my favorite trumpet screaming players other than the LCD-2Cs. Which I'm thinking where the modhouse mod may help. Not sure though. Lets see if Modhouse actually opens up for Argonization next month. If so, I'll be the first to send my T60RPs in for tuning.

Quick reference of the ear drum piercing music I love so much (in obviously better quality than youtube):

Haven’t played the trumpet for over 40 years and don’t sadly have one now but sat 1st and 2nd chair most of my time in Concert and Stage band so I wasn’t horrible but switched to guitar and still love a good horn. If you think LCD’s are bright then you are very treble sensitive and should definitely try eq . My Drop Fostex T-X0’s are definitely on the warmer bassier side and not sure how the Argon T 60’s would be if they would end up warmer.

Apr 25, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #67 of 80
They are basically almost the exact same even on the 6XX there is a vid on youtube (I am having deja vu right now just thought I mention incase I said this to you before I know I talked to someone else about it) and the bass is literally like less than 1db difference everywhere except.... actually the Sig vs the normal, the SIg has a treble spike that puts it above harman while the normal is like all spikes lined up below it.... IMO it almost seems like if you looked between the two you would assume the non-sig is the one made for the 6XX I would say strange choice by drop either considering that (obviously this is subjective) or them being very close to the same with such a big price difference compared to price... but drop loves money, I hope at least the Sig comes with the iPower as I have heard the normal power adapter isn't up to the spec as far as AMPs it can take and there is a difference

either way it being so close to the normal honestly is an advantage as it sounds great on so many headphones so I highly recommend pushing it often :)

So you have both then ? I mean videos are what they want people to see so really don’t care for them . Measurements are fine as well but doesn’t tell you how something sounds. So you say Drop loves money then you have heard both and know that their is no difference in the amps then ? Do you own a iFi Zen Can Amp ?

Apr 25, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #68 of 80
Glad to see you found a headphone you are happy with. I would have given you some different recommendations but I have great respect for Audeze... good stuff.

Apr 25, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #69 of 80
So you have both then ? I mean videos are what they want people to see so really don’t care for them . Measurements are fine as well but doesn’t tell you how something sounds. So you say Drop loves money then you have heard both and know that their is no difference in the amps then ? Do you own a iFi Zen Can Amp ?
I own the regular Zen CAN I am going to leave now because I think you think I am bashing your purchase and overall like you as a poster so I would rather not fight if you happen to not be in a good mood or whatever. On my way out I will add the guy in the video is a professional reviewer and listened to both and shared my opinion and all corps love money Drop not being an exception and personally I have had bad experiences with them which may be the exact opposite of your experience...

Have a nice day man, didn't mean to sound rude at all.

Apr 25, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #70 of 80
I own the regular Zen CAN I am going to leave now because I think you think I am bashing your purchase and overall like you as a poster so I would rather not fight if you happen to not be in a good mood or whatever. On my way out I will add the guy in the video is a professional reviewer and listened to both and shared my opinion and all corps love money Drop not being an exception and personally I have had bad experiences with them which may be the exact opposite of your experience...

Have a nice day man, didn't mean to sound rude at all.
Leave if you wish but I do not believe I “bashed “ you. When you say a professional reviewer that means they are being paid as that is what professional means. I pay for everything I own . So don’t have to say what whatever Corp you think owns me but my opinions are my own.

Apr 25, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #71 of 80
Leave if you wish but I do not believe I “bashed “ you. When you say a professional reviewer that means they are being paid as that is what professional means. I pay for everything I own . So don’t have to say what whatever Corp you think owns me but my opinions are my own.
Buke I have said nothing that you think I said you are misunderstanding my words at best. I have clearly upset you and it is due 100% to miscommunication we have nothing to argue about I promise you.

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #72 of 80
I have been doing some A/B/C/D/E/F testing between HD 598SE, HD 560S, T60RP and LCD-2C the last few days and.....

The LCD-2 Classics are on a completely different level.

I can now feel the music.

I really can't imagine my ear holes possibly being more satisfied.

(Time to start looking at some decent high impedance headphones and a tube amp)

Thanks everyone and have a nice day :)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #73 of 80
I have been doing some A/B/C/D/E/F testing between HD 598SE, HD 560S, T60RP and LCD-2C the last few days and.....

The LCD-2 Classics are on a completely different level.

I can now feel the music.

I really can't imagine my ear holes possibly being more satisfied.

(Time to start looking at some decent high impedance headphones and a tube amp)

Thanks everyone and have a nice day :)
The lcd-2c and the Schiit lyr3 tube amp has been one of my favorite setups with a vintage tube.

Apr 29, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #74 of 80
The lcd-2c and the Schiit lyr3 tube amp has been one of my favorite setups with a vintage tube.
I was split between the Lyr 3 or the Jotunheim 2. After much internal debate I pulled the trigger on the Jotunheim today, along with a Bifrost 2. Time to retire the Asgard 3. She has served me well for the past 29 days :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #75 of 80
I was split between the Lyr 3 or the Jotunheim 2. After much internal debate I pulled the trigger on the Jotunheim today, along with a Bifrost 2. Time to retire the Asgard 3. She has served me well for the past 29 days :wink:
Mate, seems you've hit the head-fi accelerator! :)
I'll be interested your thoughts on the Jot2, I’ve been considering it as my next upgrade. When that time comes, I'll be keeping my A3, and get an internal card for it to use somewhere else around the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back