Can't Feel the Music...
May 6, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #76 of 80
Mate, seems you've hit the head-fi accelerator! :)
I'll be interested your thoughts on the Jot2, I’ve been considering it as my next upgrade. When that time comes, I'll be keeping my A3, and get an internal card for it to use somewhere else around the house.
Sure thing. I'll let you know when the new gear comes in a month or two from now. Backorder is a biatch but I see it as a good sign. Looks like Schiit is growing and in high demand.

May 6, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #77 of 80
Well, I have to say that the LCD-2 Classics + Asgard 3 w/ DAC have far exceeded my expectations. (Curious about the LCD-X now.) The LCD-2 Classics sound clearer, more defined, fuller, amazing imaging, and more enjoyable then my desktop speakers with 10" sub. Crap, now I have to upgrade my desktop setup..... or maybe it's the room I'm in or speaker placement. IDK.

These headphones are really allowing me to appreciate music on a whole different level.

Aug 28, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #79 of 80
Its been 20 weeks since I ordered the Bifrost 2/Jotunheim 2 stack in black. 20 weeks of patience has been quite the feat but I was somehow able to submit myself to the long wait. Mostly by distracting myself with landscaping and heavy yard work, lol.

Finally, I get to put some juice though the Modhouse T60RP's. They have also been patiently waiting on a headphone stand for the Jotunheim to come in.

First Impressions:

Build
- Both these units are relatively heavy and seem to be built like tanks. Love the modern look of Schiit components.
Sound - I've only been listening for a couple of hours but I can say its leaps and bounds better than anything I've listen to before. Simply put, everything I've listened to so far sound more real, alive, exact, clear, and unveiled.
AMP - Jotunheim 2 has gobs and gobs of more than enough clean power to drive my ears to oblivion. I still have to go though my full playlist and put the T60RP, LCD-2, HE-560S, HE-6XX though their paces, but............... my "gut" is telling me that I may have just reached solid state amp Endgame.
DAC - Bifrost 2 I'm not sure about yet. Really need to sit down and analyze some a/b testing with it. The jury is still out.

Still have many more hours of listening and analyzing the shiny new audio gear. This should be fun :)

Sep 10, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #80 of 80
Not sure if you’ve ever tried a grado before but I like the grado 325e. They aren’t bass heavy tho. I’ve tried a lot of headphones expensive and not so expensive and they all just sounded like headphones until I tried the grados. The grados sound like your there and listening live even on studio tracks. It’s like your in the studio listening to it through their Amps and instruments. Not sure how they do it but it’s awesome to my ears. Like I said they aren’t bass heavy tho but it’s clean bass and people can view them as bright as well. They are my “end game” headphone as you say lol. The grado rs1i was also awesome but idk how hard those are to find right now. I think grados would sound amazing on those trumpet and jazz songs lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back