CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) Impressions thread!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #212 of 252
Thanks for the professional display and support at the RHA booth. Bought the L1 and CL1 combo and loving the sound. Works and sound great with my iphone 7. The 150 ohm CL1 really need the L1 to shine. It was a great CanJam event!

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #213 of 252
manualvincould you please provide more feedback on the VE8? Some people seem to say it is very warm?

I bought a silver cable for my UERMs so I guess that gives an indication of the type of sound signature I like. What was apparent to me it had crystal clear highs, extensions at the top end, given that I was auditioning per table per top IEM only, mindful of the people queuing behind me not to hog the table despite patient exhibitors, the only adage I would say is that I immediately thought to myself, wow I need to buy this. That is until I asked the price and I looked wistfully at it and gave my feedback to the nice German gentleman manning the booth. It was also nice hearing from some of the talks that exhibitors appreciated real world feedback from us and of course us similarly them raising the bar with new products, maybe not the pricing though....ahem

Thanks again for the canjam team and hope it was a worthwhile stop for every one to gather feedback, good discussion and learning new tricks or two! Oh and I miss the lucky draw we had last year, sad there was none this year cos it always feels like Christmas came early in sunny Singapore.....if you won...:wink:.....I dunno, still haven't received my prize yet since

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #214 of 252
 @manualvin
 Thanks for visiting Wired For Sound and for your kind words about the setup driving the Elear. I read that you may not have had a chance to try it. Kindly PM me if you are interested to demo it in the near future.

Thanks it was always crowded but appreciated the opportunity to listen given the good reviews on Elear. Think there was an interested buyer for utopia next to me so I didn't listen to the setup you had, sensing it's a good opportunity for you to close and made a graceful exit.

There was another setup downstairs by the head amp team which I listened to utopia and compared that to audeze LCD 4, both for the first time.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #216 of 252
The Brand of the Amp is the Silbatone JI300 MK5, Driven by the LH labs Vidac Signature, LH labs 20G USB cable and the LH labs Source.

Wow, I also listened to this as well, great clarity in the sound, although I did feedback to the Japanese gentleman based on the songs available that to showcase the best of the setup, he should get the person auditioning to listen to the last album, it was a guitar album which I can't recall but had the most vivid, natural timbre I have heard, I can even imagine the guitarist next to me so strong the impression, however it didn't do too well with a heavy metal album they had, not sure if it was a poor recording it was overly shrill, didn't enjoy that.

Oh and I still haven't received my vi Dac or the source so far, nor the chassis 2 Dac but it was good to know I heard some of the components!

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #217 of 252
Thanks to the CanJam crew for hosting another great show. Special shout out to the volunteers especially the ones who helped out more than their share of shifts. Hopefully I was helpful to you guys when we were doing the show.

On a side note, @joe I WANT MY BADGE .Give me a special one.

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #219 of 252
  @ejong7 -- You're all set, sir. Big thanks to you and to all of the volunteers who were able to help us make this an amazing event!

And thank you for the opportunity to volunteer and not to mention the free tickets and tshirts as well as the chance to experience the he1

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #220 of 252
I bought a silver cable for my UERMs so I guess that gives an indication of the type of sound signature I like. What was apparent to me it had crystal clear highs, extensions at the top end, given that I was auditioning per table per top IEM only, mindful of the people queuing behind me not to hog the table despite patient exhibitors, the only adage I would say is that I immediately thought to myself, wow I need to buy this. That is until I asked the price and I looked wistfully at it and gave my feedback to the nice German gentleman manning the booth. It was also nice hearing from some of the talks that exhibitors appreciated real world feedback from us and of course us similarly them raising the bar with new products, maybe not the pricing though....ahem

Thanks again for the canjam team and hope it was a worthwhile stop for every one to gather feedback, good discussion and learning new tricks or two! Oh and I miss the lucky draw we had last year, sad there was none this year cos it always feels like Christmas came early in sunny Singapore.....if you won...:wink:.....I dunno, still haven't received my prize yet since
Thanks a lot. I really wonder how some people can say it is ultra warm...

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #225 of 252
Some photos I took during the event, sorry for the long post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back