CanJam London 2016 Impressions Thread (August 13-14, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #241 of 364
Yes. But, do I need the electrets with dyn-crisp? No, because I do have the needed crisp and crunch with 007mk1 or 009 in my system that plays at level somewhere between BHSE and Select. :)

Neither do I, but somehow people in my surroundings like the closed headphones better, hence it gets used more than my STAX ear speakers + Telefunken tubes.

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #242 of 364
Anyone who attended, and managed to win a prize in the draw at the end of the day had any contact from the company who will supply their prize yet?

I won a headphone package with Brainwavz but not heard anything from them as of yet!

Had a great day, really enjoyed the MSB and Sennheiser auditions upstairs...

Mark

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #243 of 364
Anyone who attended, and managed to win a prize in the draw at the end of the day had any contact from the company who will supply their prize yet?

I won a headphone package with Brainwavz but not heard anything from them as of yet!

Mark

Congratulations! Yes, the company messaged me to ask for (shipping)information. I can imagine a company have to pick up their daily work before they contact a prize winner, but why not shoot them a message yourself?

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #244 of 364
I'll give them until early next week to contact me about shipment, and if I've still not heard anything then I'll make contact myself.

Thanks

Mark

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #245 of 364

Mark

Congratulations! Yes, the company messaged me to ask for (shipping)information. I can imagine a company have to pick up their daily work before they contact a prize winner, but why not shoot them a message yourself?

It took a while to get everything sorted last year when I won something from V Moda. I ended up contacting the company myself. V Moda took good care of me last year. Here's to hoping we both are contacted soon.

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #246 of 364

Mark

Didn't hear anything but congratulations to you and all the winners.
Do we have to contact the manufacturer of the prize was won?

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #247 of 364

Mark

I am in touch with lime ears audio for my Aethers and my wife's Mojo arrived today. Meaning my old one will be on the classifieds soon :)

You might want to contact the vendor as Chord had requested my wife to email them. She emailed them yesterday and received the package this morning.

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #248 of 364
Lol, still seething a bit about you wining the Aether. 
wink_face.gif

I hope whoever won the Galloping Horse treading on a Flying Swallow posts a pic of it.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #249 of 364
Thank you Smyth Research for an amazing listening experience with Realiser A16, Sennheiser HD800 and Mitchell & Johnson MJ2. You have been very kind, patient and informative, can't wait for the A16' succes. The music industry should be recording the Smyth way for us to get this amazing experience in our home daily

Edit: added pictures correction nr.

Were any of the measurements available to visitors of the show?

paul

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #250 of 364
Were any of the measurements available to visitors of the show?

paul

When we were talking about the Realiser - prior to the demonstration - Mike mentioned to me that any measurements stored on the Realiser that day could be used at a later stage. They didn't do that by default but I asked Mike whether it could be done now as I don't have any opportunity nearby where I live. He then told me to specifically mention that to Stephen who kindly did measure and stored the PRIR and EQ on the spot.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #251 of 364
When we were talking about the Realiser - prior to the demonstration - Mike mentioned to me that any measurements stored on the Realiser that day could be used at a later stage. They didn't do that by default but I asked Mike whether it could be done now as I don't have any opportunity nearby where I live. He then told me to specifically mention that to Stephen who kindly did measure and stored the PRIR and EQ on the spot.

Did they mention how these PRIR files maybe shared online?
Thanks

paul

Aug 18, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #252 of 364
Did they mention how these PRIR files maybe shared online?
Thanks

paul

Mike said they would have to extract it first (from one large file) when they got home and it would be available to me later as download - that would be the upcoming dedicated website I guess -. Planning on using the M&J closed back headphones in my living room (my wife can't stand being in the same room with open cans) Stephen EQ'd those as well and should be available to me for this measured setup as well.

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #254 of 364
total Celeste?

Cant find any info on what it is

Celeste will be the new flagship TOTL iem from FLC with tuneability in 3 frequencies
...see their existing FLC 8S, already getting very good reviews at the show.
also see the FLC thread for more details
 http://www.head-fi.org/t/777158/flc-technology-flc8-and-flc8s-impressions-thread/4875#post_12798883

hopefully to be released in a month or so... and, like the FLC 8S, has filters so you can vary
3 different frequencies.

see this review on the FLC 8S too, by jokerl to give  you an idea of its unique design...talks about it in depth.
(so the Celeste will be the new TOTL flagship)
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/flc-technology-flc8/

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #255 of 364

Meze 99 Classics

After all I've read about these I was expecting great things.  And they certainly are articulate, and have very good (and not overblown) bass presence and slam.  And the mids were good.  But to me the overall sound was slow and thick.  Not hugely so, but "Sennheiser veil" plus some.

Meze lovers, help me out:  this wasn't what I was expecting (and I've gone back and reread reviews in case I'd remembered wrong).  Is this just how they sound (and perhaps I was projecting my hopes onto them a bit too much)?  Or was I listening on a pair that weren't broken in?  Or ... ?  (Listening via Mojo, so amplification wasn't a problem.)

Hey @episiarch,

The units of 99 Classics that we had at our booth were brand new, so they were unburned.

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back