CanJam London 2016 Impressions Thread (August 13-14, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #271 of 364
Regarding the Cavalli Liquid Tungsten Prototype... I wonder when this amp will go into production?

With that and the Woo WA22-SE coming out next year there are some nice looking tube solutions on the horizon.

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #272 of 364
  Regarding the Cavalli Liquid Tungsten Prototype... I wonder when this amp will go into production?

Dunno, but I bet it'll be another 'limited production run, oh, except we've now changed our minds and we're gonna do another limited production run, so it wasn't all that limited, after all' load of B$.

I wish companies like Cavalli wouldn't play contrived 'limited edition' games with their products, to entice punters into buying out of fear of scarcity, or insecure egotism over perceived exclusivity. In other words: either produce the damn product, or don't.

I realise my opinion may not be popular, around here, and some will say it's because it's only economical for a small company to produce limited batches of each product, but there are numerous small companies not using such business tactics. To me, it just smacks of disingenuousness.

Aug 19, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #273 of 364
Dunno, but I bet it'll be another 'limited production run, oh, except we've now changed our minds and we're gonna do another limited production run, so it wasn't all that limited, after all' load of B$.

I wish companies like Cavalli wouldn't play contrived 'limited edition' games with their products, to entice punters into buying out of fear of scarcity, or insecure egotism over perceived exclusivity. In other words: either produce the damn product, or don't.

I realise my opinion may not be popular, around here, and some will say it's because it's only economical for a small company to produce limited batches of each product, but there are numerous small companies not using such business tactics. To me, it just smacks of disingenuousness.

Kind of like furniture shops half-price sales. 50 weeks of the year for each product :)

Aug 20, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #276 of 364

With that and the Woo WA22-SE coming out next year there are some nice looking tube solutions on the horizon.

I think they (Cavalli) are finalising the casework and apparently it will be something special! So probably next year but that is a total guess on my part.

Aug 20, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #277 of 364

Well all products are limited runs in the sense that there will only ever be a finite amount produced.

Declaring a product to be limited is really only marketing BS. If a product sells well then there will always be another production run. If a product sells badly then there'll almost certainly be enough left around to buy anyway.

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #278 of 364
So is anybody gonna claim a fitness tracker?
??

FWIW, walking around the streets of London yesterday, I amassed 50k steps - and got a new fitbit distance badge this week too - 7900 miles walked since getting my first one...

Aug 20, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #280 of 364
Finally, the BHSE that I brought back from CanJam London found his place in his new home, besides my EC445 (that is now for sale :).

Very little sleep for the next nights 
wink.gif
  and quite a warm room with all those tubes 
biggrin.gif

Next step of course is the upgrade of the HUGO to a better DAC. I try to organise here in Belgium a micro-canjam with friends who have a DAVE and a TotalDAC to compare with my BHSE.

Head-Fiers passing by Brugge in Belgium are welcome to come to listen to it or to bring their TOL DAC to try with the BHSE.

Besides the DAVE & TotalDAC, the other DAC on my list are the new AYRE QX-5,  the ORPHEUS Absolute media server, the Mark Levinston N° 519 and.. the Brinkmann »Nyquist« DAC.  

But i have no possibility to hear any of those since they are brand new and have not even reached the dealers now.

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #282 of 364

Cavalli Audio stated from the very beginning that there would be one run of the LC with the potential of a second run later at a higher price. The first run went as planned with 500 units and the second run was eventually confirmed and at a higher price. They're not taking any more orders for the LC so the only way to get one now is to buy second hand or from a dealer that ordered multiple units during the last window. I'm not sure where the BS is found since we've known from the beginning that there would be at most 2 runs for the LC. As for the line of premium amps you cannot order them from Cavalli anymore either. It currently stands that there's nothing you can order from their website - that seems pretty limited to me.

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #283 of 364
  Finally, the BHSE that I brought back from CanJam London found his place in his new home, besides my EC445 (that is now for sale :). ...

Finally everybody goes his own way. Every new toy is im moment the best one and most exciting, but with the time it´s not more new. Maybe not that exiciting...
Better stuff is always enemy of good or very good stuff. I learned it and think, BHSE will not be your last amp. Even your EC445 could make competition to it. I had it in my Stax system and I know it. BUT d´ont ask me now: Please enjoy your new amp! 

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #284 of 364
Finally, the BHSE that I brought back from CanJam London found his place in his new home, besides my EC445 (that is now for sale :).

Very little sleep for the next nights :wink:   and quite a warm room with all those tubes :D

Next step of course is the upgrade of the HUGO to a better DAC. I try to organise here in Belgium a micro-canjam with friends who have a DAVE and a TotalDAC to compare with my BHSE.

Head-Fiers passing by Brugge in Belgium are welcome to come to listen to it or to bring their TOL DAC to try with the BHSE.

Besides the DAVE & TotalDAC, the other DAC on my list are the new AYRE QX-5,  the ORPHEUS Absolute media server, the Mark Levinston N° 519 and.. the Brinkmann »Nyquist« DAC.  

But i have no possibility to hear any of those since they are brand new and have not even reached the dealers now.

Wow, they look amazing! They must produce a truly wonderful sound :)

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #285 of 364
??

FWIW, walking around the streets of London yesterday, I amassed 50k steps - and got a new fitbit distance badge this week too - 7900 miles walked since getting my first one...

Somebody drop their bracelet tracker in the event grounds which was found during clean up post event. No one has come up to me to claim it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back