CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #452 of 1,303
Icefalkon (Steve), Twister6 (Alex), Jamato8 (John)
Their new over ear semi open dynamic headphones (black and silver) are the best under $1,500 I heard there. I think it was John (orange shirt) who I talked to about them. The headband was one click too short on each side to fully reach my ears comfortably, the only thing that would keep me from buying them. They have incredible warm sound, yet clarity, and sub bass that is unreal. Great potential.

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #453 of 1,303
Their new over ear semi open dynamic headphones (black and silver) are the best under $1,500 I heard there. I think it was John (orange shirt) who I talked to about them. The headband was one click too short on each side to fully reach my ears comfortably, the only thing that would keep me from buying them. They have incredible warm sound, yet clarity, and sub bass that is unreal. Great potential.

Hey Mark, yes I remember you. I wish I was able to hear your mastering that John heard! We've passed along your recommendation about adding an extra few clicks on the headband.

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #454 of 1,303
Hey Mark, yes I remember you. I wish I was able to hear your mastering that John heard! We've passed along your recommendation about adding an extra few clicks on the headband.
Thanks guys. You can go to www.soundcloud.com/markdownie or www.westernmastering.com. All the examples on those pages I not only mastered but mixed and in most cases (with the exception of the Duran Duran & NIN remixes, a Hard-Fi song, and the Kajagoogoo album), I'd also recorded everything. You can tell I like bass. Audio engineers often consider fatigue. Well, those like me at 52 who continue to hear like they're in their 30s - due to obsessive use of earplugs in loud places. Including the two bands I'm in, and when I'm running live sound. I digress. Your cans really do a near impossible task of detail, without any peaks, midrange fullness without honk / resonance, and mid / sub bass quantity without mud. If you ever do a lower cost closed build with similar sound you'd have another hit in a likely much larger market.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #455 of 1,303
Out of curiosity, how does one get the awarded medals for attending CanJam NYC 2017 and 2018?

I attended both, but did not receive any. Thanks and sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #457 of 1,303
Out of curiosity, how does one get the awarded medals for attending CanJam NYC 2017 and 2018?

I attended both, but did not receive any. Thanks and sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this.

I'll get them on your profile. And if anyone else needs badges for anJams they have attended, please send me a PM.

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #463 of 1,303
NAD and PSB added to CanJam SoCal exhibitor list!

Their table was one of my favorites at NYC: the PSB is a basshead's dream. Evenmoreso the top B&O they had @ the table, for its subwoofer-like bass presentation. Very fun. Anyone into that sort of thing, don't pass them by. :wink:

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #464 of 1,303
Their table was one of my favorites at NYC: the PSB is a basshead's dream. Evenmoreso the top B&O they had @ the table, for its subwoofer-like bass presentation. Very fun. Anyone into that sort of thing, don't pass them by. :wink:

Yeah, I didn't plan on buying anything during the show... and then placed an order for the M4U 8 after visiting their table. For anyone going to the SoCal show, make sure to talk with Paul Barton. Not only a legend of the Audio world, but very down to earth and will explain every detail of his products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back