CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)

23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
  1. kendavis
    Some vendors sell their products at the events and of those, many have event discounts.
    moedawg140 likes this.
  2. moedawg140 Contributor
    Most (if not all) CanJams and various events will offer discounts on some products.
  3. moedawg140 Contributor
    Sorry, too quick! Haha :beerchug:
    kendavis likes this.
  4. third_eye Moderator
    Meze Audio added to CanJam SoCal exhibitor list!
    jurumal, MezeTeam and csglinux like this.
  5. noobandroid
    why isn't there much chatter about canjam sg, instead its listing socal as if nobody is heading to sg?
  6. third_eye Moderator
    We're heading to SG in a couple weeks and are super excited for it. The reason we're not updating with regards to exhibitors for SG is because we're completely full this year. See you soon! :L3000:
    moedawg140 likes this.
  7. third_eye Moderator
    VAST Audio added to CanJam SoCal exhibitor list!
  8. third_eye Moderator

For those attending CanJam Singapore and CanJam SoCal, we're producing a run of CanJam Global 2018 "Tour" T-Shirts in 2 versions: black, and white.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

To reserve your shirt, please reply in the thread (do not PM) with your Head-Fi handle, color choice, the size you want, and how many of that size you want, and CanJam event you are attending - all separated by hyphens. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line. For example, this is my "order":

We're taking pre-orders for CanJam Singapore and CanJam SoCal only at this time and will update the thread when we start taking preorders for London, RMAF, and Shanghai. Please note that the T-Shirts are US sizing. CanJam Global 2018 T-Shirt pricing is as follows:

SoCal - $25
    Singapore - SGD $35

All T-Shirt preorders will be both picked up and paid for at the show, although we must have your reservation now in order to guarantee your shirts. The deadline for CanJam Singapore 2018 T-Shirt preorders is Monday, March 19, 2018. The deadline for SoCal T-Shirt orders is Wednesday, April 5. CanJam Global 2018 volunteers do not have to separately order their T-shirts as we will be providing them directly.
  9. third_eye Moderator
    CanJam Singapore 2018 attendees! We've got a star-studded lineup of Seminars lined up for CanJam Singapore. These are a series of interactive discussion panels with some of the industry's leading experts in audio technology. The Seminars will be held in the Ocean 6 room on the 2nd Level, right up the escalator from the Pacific Ballroom, the main exhibit area for CanJam Singapore 2018. There is no need to pre-register but space is limited so plan accordingly. Here is the schedule:

Saturday, March 24

1pm-2pm Beyond Off-The-Shelf DAC Chips - Timing And Filters A discussion with Rob Watts (Chord Electronics) about the theory of interpolation filters - the key part of a DAC that reconstructs the original non-sampled analogue waveform - and how these filters can severely affect sound quality. The presentation also talks about the importance of timing from a perceptual point of view, and how one can create the audibly perfect filter. Watts also discusses the current state of the art in filter design and introduces the M-Scaler.

2:30-3:30 Headphone Measurements with Headphone Engineers We sit down with engineers for whom headphone measurements represent a part of day-to-day life. With audio enthusiasts increasingly interested in measurements, we will explore with these engineers the role of measurements in their work, as well as their feelings and findings about what headphone measurements can and can not tell us. This panel includes Axel Grell (Sennheiser), Nicolas Debard (Focal), and Dan Clark (MrSpeakers). Moderated by Jude Mansilla (

4pm-5pm Developing And Voicing The Sennheiser HD 820, A New Closed-Back Flagship Headphone Closed-back, reference-class flagship headphones are not easy to come by. When Sennheiser decided to develop one, they innovated new technologies, including concave glass reflectors, acoustic absorbers, and more, with the goal of crafting the most transparent-sounding closed headphones in the world. Axel Grell (the man behind so many legendary Sennheiser headphones) discusses the development and acoustics of the new Sennheiser HD 820.

Sunday, March 25

12:30-1:30pm Chord Electronics Hugo 2 / Qutest DAC, Followed By The M-Scaler in Blu 2 The presentation by Rob Watts (Chord Electronics) covers the design and technology within Chord's latest DACs, the Hugo 2 portable DAC/amp and Qutest DAC. Measurements of the technical performance are also shown. Watts also covers the M-Scaler within Chord Electronics’ Blu Mk. 2, discussing why a million-tap WTA interpolation filter is important, and the history behind the development.

10. alishafai
    What is the material of these shirts? 100% cotton or ??
  11. alishafai
    It may not be an easy thing to pull off, but I would guess some, maybe many, can only make 1 day. Please encourage the presenter to hold the same session on both days so that those that only attend 1 day can take advantage. Thanks!
  12. third_eye Moderator
    Yes, these are 100% cotton.
  13. csglinux
    Hi @third_eye, I'd also love to catch these talks from Rob, but won't make Singapore this year :frowning2: Is there any chance Rob will be repeating these talks at the SoCal CanJam?
  14. alishafai
    I asked the Chord team when CanJam NY was going on and at the time they couldn't confirm. I really hope so too!
  15. Shanling
    Shanling is heading to Canjam Singapore!!

Well, not big crew...actually just me.. So If you see tall white guy at Jaben table, stop by to say hi.

(gonna bring some stuff for possible giveaway)

And maybe one surprise....
    Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

liquidrats and piotrus-g like this.
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42