CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #470 of 1,303
Feb 27, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #474 of 1,303
Yes, please do @moedawg140.....that was super fun last year!
I will, and I’ll be bringing a new portable power outlet to replace my original portable power outlet that was confiscated in Bulgaria. I’ll wait until the days are nearer so hopefully I can purchase the newest version of a portable power outlet. :slight_smile:

See you there!

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #477 of 1,303

I'm afraid I have zero respect for Guttenberg. His reviews aren't helpful and I would bet money he's either 1) shilling for $s, and/or 2) lost a good chunk of his hearing, because he only ever writes generic, nebulous nonsense, such as:

"Putting on Satriani’s Shockwave Supernova, Joe’s guitar solos soared and delivered tone, growl and bite. On Chicago II’s Movin’ In, Peter Cetera’s bass digs deep down the fretboard with solid, clear and low bass, while Walter Parazaider’s flute flairs as the intensity of the track rises. On the Dave Brubeck's “Three to Get Ready”, the alto sax was breathy and had that rasp of reedy vibration."

...which could apply a priori to anything, even equipment you'd never heard. Sorry to be a party pooper here, but I'd rate any headfi member's opinion above that of Guttenbergs.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #478 of 1,303
Mar 2, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #479 of 1,303
Yeah, I didn't plan on buying anything during the show... and then placed an order for the M4U 8 after visiting their table. For anyone going to the SoCal show, make sure to talk with Paul Barton. Not only a legend of the Audio world, but very down to earth and will explain every detail of his products.

Same thing happened to me! Listened to the Brooklyn DAC+ at the Mytek table for about 30 minutes, walked around some more, then went back to the Mytek table and paid Michal directly for one. It was basically a "Shutup and take my money!" situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back