CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #436 of 1,303
Thanks to everyone who made CanJam such an awesome event! My ears are very happy but my wallet (and wife) will not be because of this event! @icefalkon - can't wait to hear Justin Bieber on your DX200 next year. :p

Ohhhh you wait till I see you again...lol.....

Don't make me get Jamato8 to bring his Selena Gomez... :wink:

lol

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #437 of 1,303
Hey Ken, yes...thank you for that! I gave him the cables the minute he came to our booth!

Steve

Again I can't thank you enough for that. I'm quite use to loosing Schiit but finding it not so much. Made my day. Also I keep forgetting the model of the slim portable balanced amp at your table. Was it the PB3?

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #438 of 1,303
Yes it was the PB3...and you're welcome. We should all be helping each other out more IMHO...It was great meeting you bro!

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #439 of 1,303
Well I had a lot of fun this year. Listened to a lot of Schitt which was quite impressive. I also spent a lot of time at the Mytek table and paid for a Brooklyn DAC+. So how do I go about getting my CanJam NYC 2018 badge?

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #440 of 1,303
Well I had a lot of fun this year. Listened to a lot of Schitt which was quite impressive. I also spent a lot of time at the Mytek table and paid for a Brooklyn DAC+. So how do I go about getting my CanJam NYC 2018 badge?

LOL I'm sorry but the Schitt jokes never get old...

Email Joe for your badge.

@joe

Feb 19, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #441 of 1,303

Enjoy the Brooklyn DAC+. I have one and absolutely love it. I spent some time at the Mytek table as well talking to Michal and Chebon. Michal was telling me I should really try an external power supply with the Brooklyn and that I should hear a difference.

One of the great things about this hobby is the opportunity to interact with so many great people, including all the small business owners at CanJam willing to answer any questions about their products or just engage in unrelated conversations. Try doing that with Apple.

Michael

Feb 19, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #442 of 1,303
Enjoy the Brooklyn DAC+. I have one and absolutely love it. I spent some time at the Mytek table as well talking to Michal and Chebon. Michal was telling me I should really try an external power supply with the Brooklyn and that I should hear a difference.

One of the great things about this hobby is the opportunity to interact with so many great people, including all the small business owners at CanJam willing to answer any questions about their products or just engage in unrelated conversations. Try doing that with Apple.

Michael

Yeah, definitely one of the best parts! My friends and I chatted up the head of Periodic Audio about their new portable amp. Very neat stuff and just great to interact with the guy that designed the board.

Feb 19, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #443 of 1,303
Yeah, definitely one of the best parts! My friends and I chatted up the head of Periodic Audio about their new portable amp. Very neat stuff and just great to interact with the guy that designed the board.

It's definitely great getting to know the owners of these companies at the CanJam's. I loved how Periodic Audio were all wearing labcoats! Priceless.

Feb 19, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #444 of 1,303
Periodic is awesome. They take customer feedback to heart and make an effort to explain design choices.

I hope to pickup the Nickel amp when it's released!

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #445 of 1,303
I was over by the Meze/Cayin guys and they had some sick equipment also...

But there were too many zero's on the price tag for me lol...

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #447 of 1,303
AK wasn't there. There was a guy who had a SP1000 who came over to us at the iBasso booth though.

Feb 19, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #449 of 1,303
I was over by the Meze/Cayin guys and they had some sick equipment also...

But there were too many zero's on the price tag for me lol...

I know, but I think this is meant as a 'statement' piece. Unless I'm mistaken, there are a lot of headphones down the pike, and I can only assume many will have something to do with the tech involved here. It should be very interesting to hear what they come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back