'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
May 25, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #106 of 670

Quote:
I can bring my Audio-Technica QuitePoint ATH-ANC7b, Grado SR 325is. I only had a entry level DAC/Head Amp and I'm still learning.

Only a wannabe audiophile atm. I have an eclectic music collection though. I am on the verge of purchasing a new set of cans i.e. the HiFiMAN HE 5 LE but not sure how to go about driving them with my current setup...Stuck and was wondering whether you local guys can give me some advice? Can I buy another headamp e.g. Headphone Amp 160 and connect it to my Maverick Audio DAC? I'm abit lost on this front and would appreciate if anyone can steer me in the right direction. 

Thanks pkwak and Guys in advance. 

Hiya mate,

I'm not quite familiar with the DAC but it does have an analog output. Therefore if you buy the Headphone Amp 160 you can simply connect it up to the DAC using RCA cables as syvr suggested.
However, this will bypass the headphone amp in the Maverick, so the signal chain will go source (computer, digital input etc)> Maverick DAC> Amp 160

It may not necessarily improve the sound though, you might prefer the Maverick's tube amp.

May 25, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #107 of 670
http://www.liverpool.nsw.gov.au/hallhire.htm#bringelly

Ok, bondi is great but no tables unfortunately, however, I have spoken to Liverpool council abd their facilities do have tables and rates are affordable. Check the above link and can u tell me what u think? Liverpool city pipe band hall was available and can fit 80 people. But only downside is it is in the park and parking is not right next to the park.

May 25, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #108 of 670
I would like to attend.
I can take a Lehmann Black Cube USB and HD800 (hopefully balanced and with XLR to 6.35 adapter by then)
I'm happy to donate/pay for the organization
Cheers, Yogui

May 25, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #109 of 670
http://www.willoughby.nsw.gov.au/Community/Facilities/Gore-Hill-Park-Centre/

http://www.willoughby.nsw.gov.au/Community/Facilities/Warners-Park-Centre/

I believe this is another alternative to Liverpool location. I have contacted Gore-Hill and they say the venue is available.

May 25, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #110 of 670
Make a list of firm definites, divide cost, get all subscribers to pp you, then pay for venue before the meet, I wouldn’t do anything out of pocket, given the reliability of numbers at these events you could get stung.

Thank you John, your knowhow is greatly appreciated.

Now, for the venue, If everyone can let me know the preferences, Liverpool or Chatswood area, then I will book the venue. I have check the availability for both sites. Liverpool would be little under $200 for 10-3pm and Chatswood/St Leonard Gore hill park centre was little under $300 for 10-3pm. let me know.

Also Mill Hill Centre hall in Bondi Junction

http://www.waverley.nsw.gov.au/council_services/hiring_a_venue

I will have to confirm the availability and parking but looks good also. Full/half hall at $56/$34 per hour.

And Some properties in Woolhara are affordable and clean. I will contact them tomorrow for information as to availability and parking.

http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/services/venues

If there is a area you do not want especially, then PLEASE let me know now, otherwise I will presume that you are fine with whatever venue I choose.

May 25, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #112 of 670
Thanks All for the replies. Yes the Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 does have a Pre Amp Output and Audio Output (see diagram). Apologies for hijacking the thread. Just not sure when it comes to driving high quality headphones. Always get confused I'm messing up the source by layering and all in one system with another headamp. Anyhow I think the logic makes sense to me so just have to decided to take a shot at it. Appreciate the feedback and help to you all. Thank you so much. Would love to say thank you in person...

Outputs
http://www.mav-audio.com/base/product/tube_magic_d1/hardware

Cheers,
HiFidelity.

P.S.

Headphone Amp 160 = Burson HA-160 Headphone Amplifier (Typo on my part)

May 25, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #113 of 670
Thanks for adding me pkwak.
I rather go Liverpool, I suppose everyone from South would be glad NOT to cross the CBD
West is away from the CDB from all directions...

May 25, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #114 of 670
See if unique melody can sponsor a bit? Most members will probably chip in too. We need a definite location but. I still say a scout hall or something, since they're bound to have some chairs and tables.

edit: I prefer chatswood.

May 25, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #115 of 670
Well,

Coming from Newcastle, Chatswood would be perfect for me.  Liverpool would be terrible.  Mind you, I don't mind so much I realise I am the odd one out.

I was really hoping someone would have a T1 to bring I have been dying to listen to those.

Also a scout hall would have a wooden floor. That means a lot of noise would come from people simply walking around, and a lot of noise echoing around.  A carpeted environment would be a lot better for critical listening wouldn't it?  Like perhaps a conference hall in an RSL?  Those are usually pretty quiet.

May 25, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #116 of 670

Quote:
Well,

Coming from Newcastle, Chatswood would be perfect for me.  Liverpool would be terrible.  Mind you, I don't mind so much I realise I am the odd one out.

I was really hoping someone would have a T1 to bring I have been dying to listen to those.

Also a scout hall would have a wooden floor. That means a lot of noise would come from people simply walking around, and a lot of noise echoing around.  A carpeted environment would be a lot better for critical listening wouldn't it?  Like perhaps a conference hall in an RSL?  Those are usually pretty quiet.

Look, I can't promise anything but it's very likely that I'll have the whole Telsa range by then.
Damn, I've just realized how big my suitcase might need to be...

May 25, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #117 of 670
Look, I can't promise anything but it's very likely that I'll have the whole Telsa range by then.
Damn, I've just realized how big my suitcase might need to be...

strange, you website only seems to be showing a few lower cost iems and portable amps O.o

Thanks All for the replies. Yes the Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 does have a Pre Amp Output and Audio Output (see diagram). Apologies for hijacking the thread. Just not sure when it comes to driving high quality headphones. Always get confused I'm messing up the source by layering and all in one system with another headamp. Anyhow I think the logic makes sense to me so just have to decided to take a shot at it. Appreciate the feedback and help to you all. Thank you so much. Would love to say thank you in person...

Outputs
http://www.mav-audio.com/base/product/tube_magic_d1/hardware

Cheers,
HiFidelity.

P.S.

Headphone Amp 160 = Burson HA-160 Headphone Amplifier (Typo on my part)

yes, you definitely can connect one to another, but no one can guarantee you'll like the sound... Perhaps it's worth seeing if anyone brings a 160 to the meet and plugging it into your tmd1 before you buy it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back