Campfire - Solaris
Mar 31, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #4,472 of 12,035
How water resistant are Solaris? I'm not talking about submersing or showering with them or anything but if, say, I wore them out in a lite rain would I be putting them at tremendous risk? Contemplating picking up a beater pair of IEMs to ear out in un-ideal circumstances.

Apr 1, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #4,473 of 12,035
How water resistant are Solaris? I'm not talking about submersing or showering with them or anything but if, say, I wore them out in a lite rain would I be putting them at tremendous risk? Contemplating picking up a beater pair of IEMs to ear out in un-ideal circumstances.
I think, that will be something that need to avoid, but based on your condition, is something that not often right?
I had experience 2 times passing mid rain, when must walk to car parking... so far no problem. but is not something that rest assured or nothing will happened... (I also very concern)
Like your statement, if you know going to use it a lot on wet environment, better put a side ur SOLARIS.
in my case, I use my QCY19 and NOTE8 for gym time...

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #4,474 of 12,035
Apr 1, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #4,476 of 12,035
And silica gel if you do get water on them

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #4,477 of 12,035
Unless I missed it there's definitely a way Campfire Audio can be friendlier to its customers. On my first listen I think the balanced cable makes a serious difference versus the unbalanced cable with the Sony ZX300 I'm using. I had to pay $150 extra for that, however, and the site doesn't inform you of the potential benefit either. Allowing people to choose which Litz cable they want their Solaris to come with would be better for us obviously, other cables could be involved too at a higher price. I basically paid for a single-ended cable, factored into the price of the Solaris, that I'll probably never end up using again as I'll get an adapter.

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #4,478 of 12,035
Unless I missed it there's definitely a way Campfire Audio can be friendlier to its customers. On my first listen I think the balanced cable makes a serious difference versus the unbalanced cable with the Sony ZX300 I'm using. I had to pay $150 extra for that, however, and the site doesn't inform you of the potential benefit either. Allowing people to choose which Litz cable they want their Solaris to come with would be better for us obviously, other cables could be involved too at a higher price. I basically paid for a single-ended cable, factored into the price of the Solaris, that I'll probably never end up using again as I'll get an adapter.
Yeah I think they should allow the customer to choose the cable Solaris comes with. But regarding ZX300, I've heard sony DAPs (ZX300, WM1A, WM1Z) all have noticeably better sound out of their balanced output, or should I say noticeably crippled sound out of their single ended output due to not as good implementation. But the difference I've heard from other balanced vs. unbalanced (DX150-AK KANN) is not nearly as big.

Apr 1, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #4,479 of 12,035
Yeah I think they should allow the customer to choose the cable Solaris comes with. But regarding ZX300, I've heard sony DAPs (ZX300, WM1A, WM1Z) all have noticeably better sound out of their balanced output, or should I say noticeably crippled sound out of their single ended output due to not as good implementation. But the difference I've heard from other balanced vs. unbalanced (DX150-AK KANN) is not nearly as big.

I can't wait until I get my 4.4mm cable in the mail later this week. I've been using the SE output on my ZX300 for the last few days and as it stands I'm blown away by how much of an improvement in sound quality there was over the Fiio M9 I was using-- soundstage has notably increased as has the level of detail, imagery and separation. I'm starting to really understand what the word "holographic" means. I can't think of any other time in my life when I've been as satisfied by a major purchase as I am with the Campfire Audio Solaris and this Sony DAP.

Apr 1, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #4,481 of 12,035
I can't wait until I get my 4.4mm cable in the mail later this week. I've been using the SE output on my ZX300 for the last few days and as it stands I'm blown away by how much of an improvement in sound quality there was over the Fiio M9 I was using-- soundstage has notably increased as has the level of detail, imagery and separation. I'm starting to really understand what the word "holographic" means. I can't think of any other time in my life when I've been as satisfied by a major purchase as I am with the Campfire Audio Solaris and this Sony DAP.

that 4.4 mm will impress u more..

Hey Guys, whats the difference between the litz and super litz? i want to get a balanced cable for the Solaris and kinda confused between the two, any difference soundwise?

thanks
yes, IMO, SLitz is a bit more clarity, Soundstage, and more proposional for Solaris...
but my exp is from SE Jack...
Also wanting Slitz 4.4

edit, the difference between Litz and SLitz is around 50 USD... i guess better go to SLitz.. except that difference really hurt you

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #4,482 of 12,035
that 4.4 mm will impress u more..

Yes I'm hoping so...it's the final piece of my "endgame" puzzle and I can't wait. I'm trying to internalize 2-3 songs on the ZX300 through the SE output so I'll be more cognizant of whatever differences there are when I eventually use the balanced out.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #4,483 of 12,035
Yes I'm hoping so...it's the final piece of my "endgame" puzzle and I can't wait. I'm trying to internalize 2-3 songs on the ZX300 through the SE output so I'll be more cognizant of whatever differences there are when I eventually use the balanced out.
hahaha. Will temp you to try DX208, just be open mind, let your ear be the judge....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back