Campfire - Solaris
Mar 4, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #11,941 of 12,035
Mar 31, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #11,942 of 12,035
No impressions from owners of the Stellar Horizon yet?

Also curious for updated impressions if anyone has had them long term yet.

Apr 1, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #11,943 of 12,035
I'll have more to say soon, but for now I'll leave these here:

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

graph_1.png

These are the best Campfire Audio IEMs I've ever listened to and are among my favorite ones too.

Apr 1, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #11,944 of 12,035

IMG_1276.jpg
IMG_1292.jpg
IMG_1283.jpg
graph_1.png

These are the best Campfire Audio IEMs I've ever listened to and are among my favorite ones too.

Awesome...looking forawrd to more impressions. These were a hightlight for me at CanJam NYC.

Apr 3, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #11,946 of 12,035
That's true, IIRC 2020 series had lots of reviews right after release.

Apr 3, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #11,947 of 12,035

IMG_1276.jpg
IMG_1292.jpg
IMG_1283.jpg
graph_1.png

Coming from you, that's a lot! Will you be getting the Andromeda 2023 soon too?

Apr 4, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #11,949 of 12,035
No impressions from owners of the Stellar Horizon yet?
Was thinking of getting these, until i got to try them.

Build quality is amazing!

Love the soundstage on these, much more than my solaris 2020.

Low end is lacking definition, sounds light for my preference.
Mids are okay, not a fan of the timbre.
Highs are pretty bright, sounds metallic to me.

May 31, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #11,952 of 12,035
I'm borrowing a friend's TT2 right now and am listening to the pairing as I type this.

There's a good amount of hiss, although it doesn't bother me when music's playing. Be careful with the volume roller ball! There's plenty of travel, though, if you're careful.

The pairing's ok, very resolving and with good timbre. The mids aren't as recessed as they can be from other sources, although I should note that I have an aftermarket copper cable to thicken up the sound for my Solaris (the og version). The treble is rolled off a bit, though, and this would be a dealbreaker for me, as would the overly bassy sound. The TT2 has a very low output impedance, I believe, and this makes the Solaris much darker and bassier. It's not a good combination for my preferences. (I prefer the Solaris to be more neutral, with a lighter, faster, more ethereal sound to it).

The staging doesn't feel quite as expansive as it can be, although this might owe something to a slight loss of treble air. If you like a richer, more intimate, darker, very bassy presentation, the TT2 might be a good pairing. It's not to my tastes, though.

May 31, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #11,954 of 12,035
Thanks @mainguy and @Tchoupitoulas for the info. I sold my Focal Stellia's and don't have an over ear at this time. So wanted to know if I could use the Solaris while at my desk listening to music while working. Looking for a replacement now for the Stellia's to match up with the Hugo TT2.

@mainguy do you feel the Sony WM1A is the best pairing for mobile use even over say a DAC/Amp and iPhone/iPad? Right now I'm still very new to ear speakers and I'm using a Dragonfly Cobalt or iFi HipDAC version 1 for music playback from my iPhone 13 Pro Max with Tidal/Qobuz.

May 31, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #11,955 of 12,035
Thanks @mainguy and @Tchoupitoulas for the info. I sold my Focal Stellia's and don't have an over ear at this time. So wanted to know if I could use the Solaris while at my desk listening to music while working. Looking for a replacement now for the Stellia's to match up with the Hugo TT2.

@mainguy do you feel the Sony WM1A is the best pairing for mobile use even over say a DAC/Amp and iPhone/iPad? Right now I'm still very new to ear speakers and I'm using a Dragonfly Cobalt or iFi HipDAC version 1 for music playback from my iPhone 13 Pro Max with Tidal/Qobuz.

I only tried Solaris with Mojo 2, iFi Go Blu and apple dongle, and a few DAPs. I preferred the Sony to all lf them.

For out and about I deferred to Apple dongle though, in a pinch. I did not like them with Go Blu at all, has to be said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back