Campfire - Solaris
Dec 27, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #11,926 of 12,035
I ran the clears as my daily driver and didn't seriously consider IEMS as I didn't know how good they could sound.

I didn't know about the "Multiverse" event, and I was looking for the best-sounding IEM most consistent with the Focal house sound. After months of reviews and YouTube videos, I narrowed it down to the Solaris 2020 but wanted new, and they were sold out everywhere

An online retailer advising me offered me the Mercury at the price of a Solaris 2020 after bugging them for two days with questions about alternatives.

The only downside is sometimes they are physically cold when they go in my ears, but they warm up soon enough. That's metal. The mirror-like finish seems impervious to scratches, but I keep them in the double-pouched holder and the case. I have about 40 hours of burn and 10 hours of play, and they get better and better. Using the Final Type E, the L and XL sound and feel great. So do the Marshmallows. The XL gets the best or most closed seal, but I hear great reproduction with any of them.

They are that good!

Do either of you know if these have the exact 2020 Solaris sound?

Thanks for the well wishes and answers!

Nice! Props to your dealer for a great deal and customer support.

Dec 27, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #11,927 of 12,035
I was a big Dunu booster about ten tears ago, starting with the DN1000 to the Titan 1 & 5 and too many subs $400 Dunu IEMS that I loved.
I was looking for the SA* but couldn't find them. Wound up with the CA Solaris. Thanks for your input!

Dec 30, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #11,929 of 12,035
Dec 30, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #11,931 of 12,035
What was the improvement to the sound like ?
I've had the G4 for almost a year and haven't gone back to the stock cable. I would have to do a new A/B comparison. I'm talking about memory so take it with a grain of salt. I remember more body, more texture, without losing detail. The truth is that the stock cable is not bad (I have it in 3.5mm and 4.4 balanced) and I couldn't improve it among others with the Xinhs, until I tried the G4. I have two, one in mmcx and one in 2pin.

Dec 31, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #11,932 of 12,035
Anyone else find classic guitars, gibsons Zeppelin style, sound phenomenal on Solaris?
Guitar notes are thick and coloured in a way they're not on anything else i own. I downright prefer guitar on these to Stellia

Dec 31, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #11,933 of 12,035
The version of the Solaris Mercury I purchased sounds terrific, but it isn't easy to compare the Stellia. They both are highly resolving.
My question is back to the cables. I received three individual Silver Litz cables (2.5, 3.5, 4.4). I read on these pages that the Fiio LC-RD Pro upgrade cable is 4)Wire count: 8 strands, 224 total wires of Litz Silver cable, and enhances everything. It comes with 2.5/3.5/4.4mm swappable twist-lock headphone plugs.

Any info on these or other upgrade cables is appreciated.

Jan 15, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #11,934 of 12,035
Jan 26, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #11,935 of 12,035
Got to say Campfire did an incredible job with my RMA. Replaced the entire faulty earpiece for $150 (out of warranty) and when I said I was having cable problems a few days later, shipped me out a brand new one free of charge.

Pretty awesome. I'll be buying this brand for years to come, not just for sound but the support.

Jan 26, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #11,936 of 12,035
Anyone else find classic guitars, gibsons Zeppelin style, sound phenomenal on Solaris?
Guitar notes are thick and coloured in a way they're not on anything else i own. I downright prefer guitar on these to Stellia
Yup! Led Zeppelin and also AC/DC, haven’t tried Stellia but with SE the sound is just like if they were gigging next to me 🎸🤩 their presentation/the way the scene is built also contributes to the overall experience!

Feb 19, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #11,937 of 12,035
Interested to see what the upcoming Campfire releases are. Does anyone know if one of the releases is a new Solaris? I really enjoy the Campfire house sound, with Andro Gold, Solaris 2020, and Onyx.

If anyone is looking for a pair of Solaris 2020, DM me or check my listing on Audiomart.

Feb 19, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #11,938 of 12,035
Interested to see what the upcoming Campfire releases are. Does anyone know if one of the releases is a new Solaris? I really enjoy the Campfire house sound, with Andro Gold, Solaris 2020, and Onyx.

If anyone is looking for a pair of Solaris 2020, DM me or check my listing on Audiomart.
From what I have seen on their latest email it looks like there will be a new Solaris and you might want to head over to the Watercooler thread . There is a bit of info on this over there . Hope this helps .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back