Campfire - Solaris
Jun 25, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #11,206 of 12,035
The AK Solaris happens to be releasing on my Birthday and is comprised of my favorite colors...oh no!

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #11,207 of 12,035
The AK Solaris happens to be releasing on my Birthday and is comprised of my favorite colors...oh no!

You'd be the perfect guinea pig then...I'll be awaiting your impressions :)

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #11,208 of 12,035
It never occurred to me that the marketing may have been mainly AK...but still...more clarification needed. Best case scenario is that they've done what they've usually do and addressed some of the problems with earlier iterations with this one. I'll be on standby waiting for impressions.
Indeed. My guess is likely that it's going to be similar to the "normal" Solaris sound, but likely with yet another unique tuning.

Other than potential fit issues (the 2020 was not the most comfortable to me), a Solaris with smoother treble and a bit boosted bass quantity would be interesting. Of course thats purely speculation, nobody has heard these so who knows what the differences (if any) will actually be. Though honestly it really just the color scheme at this point that grabbed my attention. And I'm definitely not spending 1500 dollars just for cool faceplates.

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #11,209 of 12,035
Indeed. My guess is likely that it's going to be similar to the "normal" Solaris sound, but likely with yet another unique tuning.

Other than potential fit issues (the 2020 was not the most comfortable to me), a Solaris with smoother treble and a bit boosted bass quantity would be interesting. Of course thats purely speculation, nobody has heard these so who knows what the differences (if any) will actually be. Though honestly it really just the color scheme at this point that grabbed my attention. And I'm definitely not spending 1500 dollars just for cool faceplates.

I've assumed for a while that I'm destined to have another Solaris in my life at some point. I've been contemplating the LE but this may usurp it if impressions are positive.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #11,210 of 12,035
The dynamic driver faceplate of the Solaris X also looks to use a single hole much like that of the Vega 2020 (full range) whereas the Solaris 2020 uses the multiple hole faceplate design used in the Dorado 2020. Not sure if this has any bearing on what frequency response that DD will cover or if it’s just to aid in tuning but interesting either way.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #11,211 of 12,035
The dynamic driver faceplate of the Solaris X also looks to use a single hole much like that of the Vega 2020 (full range) whereas the Solaris 2020 uses the multiple hole faceplate design used in the Dorado 2020. Not sure if this has any bearing on what frequency response that DD will cover or if it’s just to aid in tuning but interesting either way.
I was wondering about that too, if there is maybe some tuning changes to the low end too. Which certainly would interest me a bit more than otherwise.

Jun 25, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #11,212 of 12,035
I was wondering about that too, if there is maybe some tuning changes to the low end too. Which certainly would interest me a bit more than otherwise.

Try as I might to resist that red will probably push me over the edge. I wish I’d kept my 4.4 silver litz from my Atlas days.

Jun 25, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #11,213 of 12,035
Try as I might to resist that red will probably push me over the edge. I wish I’d kept my 4.4 silver litz from my Atlas days.

That cable is awesome. Wish they could use it in more IEMs.

Jun 25, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #11,214 of 12,035

Same here. Each iteration of the Solaris seemed to become brighter which I didn’t like so it would be interesting if they went the opposite way which was what I always wanted.

Jun 25, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #11,215 of 12,035
Same thing happened to me with the first Andromeda release. It was meant to be. I wish I kept my original, but the Snow White is a cool second option. The Andromeda Gold released on 8-08.... and they were tuned with 808 hip-hop in mind and RUN-DMC black and gold. Maybe I made up my own story, maybe not? LOL

Jun 26, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #11,217 of 12,035
Did you try the Flower? I haven’t tried other Solaris but I don’t find the Flower bright. I absolutely love it.

SE wasn't bright either...the 2020 was the first "proper" successor to the OG Solaris and it is by all reports a brighter IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back