Campfire - Solaris
May 9, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #11,101 of 12,035
Well pocket change is all I have left now lmao. Traillii hit hard so I have to move some of my less “sentimental” pairs.

I imagine Odin isn't going anywhere...from what I've heard the u18s will be made redundant by the Bird so maybe that one will be next.

Also, as soon as world events make it feasible I'm going to come visit you for a mini-meet. :)

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #11,102 of 12,035
Well pocket change is all I have left now lmao. Traillii hit hard so I have to move some of my less “sentimental” pairs.
If the Traillii is the Elysium with staging of the Solaris or even better and with better bass, I can totally see why people go nuts for it.

May 9, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #11,103 of 12,035
If the Traillii is the Elysium with staging of the Solaris or even better and with better bass, I can totally see why people go nuts for it.

@RTodd has Bird, Ely and M8 and he says Ely + M8 still holds its own against Trailli with its seductive mid-range. Particularly female vocals from what I remember him saying.

May 9, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #11,104 of 12,035
@RTodd has Bird, Ely and M8 and he says Ely + M8 still holds its own against Trailli with its seductive mid-range. Particularly female vocals from what I remember him saying.
That's good , FWIW I'm loving it more everyday. But on some rock music I feel the Solaris is more engaging with that huge stage.

May 9, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #11,105 of 12,035
That's good , FWIW I'm loving it more everyday. But on some rock music I feel the Solaris is more engaging with that huge stage.

Solaris definitely has an edge on Elysium in some respects-- Elysium is better for bliss and intimacy but Solaris is great for when you just want to rock out. If the Dorado didn't fit that niche for me I would still have a Solaris.

Edit: And are you ever in for a treat once your M8 arrives. You will want to experience everything in your collection again with fresh ears.

May 9, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #11,107 of 12,035
Edit: And are you ever in for a treat once your M8 arrives. You will want to experience everything in your collection again with fresh ears.
This is so true. I had my Lime Ears Model X & Aether R listed for sale previously, but after pairing them with the M8 I changed my mind. Even with my warmer IEMs I never found the M8, with its somewhat warmer sound, too bloomy/bloated a pairing.

May 9, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #11,108 of 12,035
Actually, I just realized the Solaris OG & Shanling M8 are the only two items in this hobby which I've sold only to buy again. The M8 I only sold because I didn't feel I "needed" it, but that was a decision I regretted almost immediately. I've owned the Solaris OG 3 different times; I was enamored with it from the first time I heard it, but could never maintain a proper/good fit. It kept calling back to me though and still does. This has been partially sated by the Solaris 2020, but I still keep my out for a good deal on the Solaris OG.

May 9, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #11,109 of 12,035
The M8 I only sold because I didn't feel I "needed" it, but that was a decision I regretted almost immediately.

I remember reading your posts about the process of selling it and I remember feeling, just from the tone of your posts, that part of you was under the spell of the M8 and would regret selling it.

May 9, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #11,110 of 12,035
Solaris OG + Shanling M30 in tubes mode deserves a listen. It's amazing how holographic the soundstage becomes!

20210508_183049.jpg

May 9, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #11,112 of 12,035

Hey there, yes I really like female smokey voices on Ely, and Ely sounds best to me on M8.

Traillii vocals are impressive.
Traillii is more about bass and treble awesomeness.

I used a track from Karin Allison You Don’t Know What Love Is, for the comparison.
To my ears Karin seemed warmer and closer on the Ely and I preferred that. So much so I bought the Elysium after having the Traillii for sevral months.

Hope this explanation helps.

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #11,113 of 12,035
Hey there, yes I really like female smokey voices on Ely, and Ely sounds best to me on M8.

Traillii vocals are impressive.
Traillii is more about bass and treble awesomeness.

I used a track from Karin Allison You Don’t Know What Love Is, for the comparison.
To my ears Karin seemed warmer and closer on the Ely and I preferred that. So much so I bought the Elysium after having the Traillii for sevral months.

Hope this explanation helps.
Thanks for this. Vocals are important for me and they are spot on for me in terms of tonality with the Elysium.

May 10, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #11,114 of 12,035
These is a superlative pairing, as if the Pure silver is the end of the line, but this gives off a LOT more what the Solaris Classic can give...

IMG_20210510_190951.jpg

May 10, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #11,115 of 12,035
Actually, I just realized the Solaris OG & Shanling M8 are the only two items in this hobby which I've sold only to buy again. The M8 I only sold because I didn't feel I "needed" it, but that was a decision I regretted almost immediately. I've owned the Solaris OG 3 different times; I was enamored with it from the first time I heard it, but could never maintain a proper/good fit. It kept calling back to me though and still does. This has been partially sated by the Solaris 2020, but I still keep my out for a good deal on the Solaris OG.
The Shanling house sound is excellent for my ears.
i love my M0...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back