Campfire - Solaris
Jul 29, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #9,677 of 12,035
Jul 29, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #9,678 of 12,035
Wow it’s pretty small , hows the sound compared to E01 ?

I can only speak for Solaris as that's the only IEM I've used with either the S1 or the 6K but it's a big improvement just for the blacker background alone. It's a clean, dyamic, punchy engaging sound with just a dash of warmth. With the blacker background I dare say Solaris approaches u12t level of detail retrieval. Early days but so far it's pure win.

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #9,679 of 12,035
I can only speak for Solaris as that's the only IEM I've used with either the S1 or the 6K but it's a big improvement just for the blacker background alone. It's a clean, dyamic, punchy engaging sound with just a dash of warmth. With the blacker background I dare say Solaris approaches u12t level of detail retrieval. Early days but so far it's pure win.

hmm... I guess I better sell something...

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #9,680 of 12,035
The silver cable has tighter bass and more detailed sound better separation, well it does to me anyway.I wish I preferred LC-RC because of the removable jack plugs.
Silver cable is very supple I have two since they where released never gone stiff etc.

Yes , the silver is overall brighter . Less weight in bass . And the RC has sweeter mids to my ears . Also the pure silver got very stiff over the time .. the RC is still soft like day one :)

Thanks both for the answers :)

For the moment I ordered the lc-d silver just to try, may also give the lc-re a shot and keep the one I like . Or use the silver with my Xelento, with their sound signature I’m pretty sure they will pair well with a silver cable. To be honest I used to have a leo ii with u12t and I loved it.
I can only imagine how it would be the pairing with Solaris.

I would also like to try a dunu hulk with solaris but waiting time and custom fees to get it to Europe from linsoul make me wonder if it would be worth it

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #9,681 of 12,035
Thanks both for the answers :)

For the moment I ordered the lc-d silver just to try, may also give the lc-re a shot and keep the one I like . Or use the silver with my Xelento, with their sound signature I’m pretty sure they will pair well with a silver cable. To be honest I used to have a leo ii with u12t and I loved it.
I can only imagine how it would be the pairing with Solaris.

I would also like to try a dunu hulk with solaris but waiting time and custom fees to get it to Europe from linsoul make me wonder if it would be worth it
You can get an Hulk from AudioHeaven store , they are located in Poland . I had that cable once from that store . They have an eBay shop . Can’t say something to Solaris with it , I hadn’t the iem that time

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #9,682 of 12,035
20200730_183529.jpg

The Gold plate silver with Palladium...
burn in time...

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #9,686 of 12,035
Stupid question maybe but size wise how do the 2020 compare to andromeda or u12t? Are they still bigger than the andromeda?

There were some pics some pages ago of solaris 2020, trio (same size as U12t) and andro gold. If I remember from @ExpatinJapan but I may be wrong :)

Anyway, just really sligthly larger compared to the two but not by much. Used to have both andro and u12t and I find solaris 2020 more comfortable than both

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #9,688 of 12,035
That’s deceptively small. It almost makes me think if andromeda fit but sharp edges hurt, these would be better :xf_eek:
They are about the same size as the Andromeda gold (I also have both right now), but the Solaris is more bulbous in places and gets wider down near the stem instead of narrower like a lot of other iems, so it doesn't sit in the ear the same way. I find the Andromeda gold very comfortable, but have more issues with the Solaris 2020 even though they are approximately the same size.

Of course I am just one data point. Everyone's ears are different.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #9,689 of 12,035
They are about the same size as the Andromeda gold (I also have both right now), but the Solaris is more bulbous in places and gets wider down near the stem instead of narrower like a lot of other iems, so it doesn't sit in the ear the same way. I find the Andromeda gold very comfortable, but have more issues with the Solaris 2020 even though they are approximately the same size.

Of course I am just one data point. Everyone's ears are different.
My biggest concern is the nozzle seems thicker which might be difficult for small ear canals :)

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #9,690 of 12,035
Congrats man I think you've made a great choice and I look forward to hearing your thoughts when it arrives!

Thanks, the Solaris 2020 came today and I've been listening a couple of hours out of the RME ADI-2 DAC FS . :L3000:

I'll post more impressions (I'm not very good at, nor do I like, describing audio equipment however) after some time with them but I'll just say for now that I'm impressed. They just sound right with everything I've thrown at them so far, a good balanced tonality that works across genres with just enough excitement to not sound boring or clinical but also not over-exaggerating any part of the sound to become artificial and fatiguing in order to be engaging. The bass is very nice too: weighty but not overbearing. They're also very comfortable with the three tips I've tried so far (for the best fit/sound; will try many before I decide on a pair).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back