Campfire - Solaris
Jan 8, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #7,321 of 12,035
This question is for ALO themselves. My answer is no, there is no way to confirm legitimacy. Except for listening to the cable to see if it improves bass impact, treble sparkle and expands the soundstage.

ALO would be able to verify whether they have supplied the vendor in question with "real" cables or not. It would also be likely that if they are bieng sold below 'cost';, that they are fake-unl;ess the vendor is trying to make it up with high volume sales. :beyersmile:

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #7,322 of 12,035
E48EDDFB-25F6-4516-BB75-CD7A4B94EC89_1_105_c.jpeg

+ Original box and case with cable

What other signs are needed? Water marks?

Just buy from ALO and all questions will disappear

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #7,323 of 12,035
The Chinese is masterful in making imitation products. Just look at the watches and handbag. I know a person who bought a fake LV wallet that broke and he took it into the local LV store and the salesman gave him a genuine LV replacement wallet. So no you cannot not be sure whether the ALO cables on Taobao is legitimate or not even down to any markings. You either pay more to get it directly from ALO or take a chance of a product which you will never know its authenticity for lower price.

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #7,324 of 12,035
Have you tried researching the seller rather than the items themselves....

It’s possible that they could be genuine even if they are cheap... ALO over Christmas were selling some cables for $50.... NOS ALO stuff doesn’t always have a logo etc ... I had some real old cables that I bought new that were nothing like the more recent cables with branding etc...

And buying out NOS items or even returns is common place... with all products

Have you asked the seller?

If you cannot tell a genuine from a fake then you should not risk your money...

Even genuine sellers can unknowingly sell fake items even places like Target etc have been caught out...

If you don’t know yourself and you have not taken the time to teach and research for your self then you ain’t earned the benefit of the discount...:wink:

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #7,325 of 12,035
ALO does not make their own cables. They buy from a Chinese OEM. They don't have the equipment to do the plastic molding on the MMCX connectors. Just try asking them for a custom length and they'll tell you they can't do it because it's made in China. However, whomever the OEM is, they do a fantastic job as I've always been a fan of ALO's cables. I've got the smoky litz, silver litz, and the SXC8.

Jan 8, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #7,326 of 12,035
Jan 8, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #7,327 of 12,035
Thanks for input guys, I really need some pics about 4.4mm golden jack on Gold16 and Ref8 to show that there is or isn’t an Alo trademark/ Campfire. The story is my folks really want to bust a guy who is trying to sell fake cable and kick him out the market. So far, we are sure the golden 4.4mm on sxc8 has the Alo trademark (my cable), also it’s shown on Alo website. But, the Gold16 and Ref8 pictures on Alo website don’t show the trademark, so we are in confusion, and we don’t have these cable on hand. So All helps are appreciated.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #7,329 of 12,035
Jan 8, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #7,330 of 12,035
Thanks for input guys, I really need some pics about 4.4mm golden jack on Gold16 and Ref8 to show that there is or isn’t an Alo trademark/ Campfire. The story is my folks really want to bust a guy who is trying to sell fake cable and kick him out the market. So far, we are sure the golden 4.4mm on sxc8 has the Alo trademark (my cable), also it’s shown on Alo website. But, the Gold16 and Ref8 pictures on Alo website don’t show the trademark, so we are in confusion, and we don’t have these cable on hand. So All helps are appreciated.
Just order them from ALO and take pictures with invoice and all and return them after you are done.

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #7,331 of 12,035
None of the 4.4mm cables I bought from ALO have any markings. My oldest purchase was from ALO website in February 2017. Last cable purchased was the Gold 16 @ CanJam 2019.

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #7,332 of 12,035

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #7,335 of 12,035
Is there anymore member who has Ref8 or 16gold with 4.4 jack?
I have both and neither one has markings on the 4.4mm plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back