Campfire - Solaris
Oct 31, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #511 of 12,035
the widest bore triple flange is the one for mee pinnacle, it's slightly wider than the double flange spinfits, i use them with the andros when i am out and about and need a little more bass than usual.

This one? Thanks!

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #512 of 12,035
And the Solaris are in the house :man_dancing:

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #514 of 12,035
Gimme those 5 min in impressions

Is that reasonable?

First of first, those babies are indeed big... glad I have big ears and canals! But they're pretty lightweight as already mentioned.
Sorry for the crappy quality out of iPhone but the lighting combined with crop is not optimal

9PaVXDQQCSZjceWiJpZRppQ2tDIs9z.png

The stock cable is top notch, too bad it's not a balanced one... I switched with the Hansound Zen to enjoy balanced goodness out of 1Z and also no memory wire is much more comfortable. The connector is tight and very secure.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #515 of 12,035
Mine is on Fedex vehincle
ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #516 of 12,035
Is that reasonable?

First of first, those babies are indeed big... [...]

So are you completely blown away, or just happy? I'm talking first impression here of course.

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #518 of 12,035
So, sound (out of the box, from WM1Z with Hansound Zen 4 wires balanced)... unburnt and just the 5mn impressions which are absolutely raw :
  • the bass is well extended, nice sub bass and lots lots of texture it's a rich bass very "tactile" it draws you in the music. There is a "presence" that is indeed speaker like. The bass quality is off the charts it's the richest textures I ever had the pleasure to listen to. And one thing struck me : how layered the bass is, oh my! On the flipside it's not very tight and I'd like a touch more control right now but I expect burn in will settle it, I remember the Vega burn in process so I'll be very cautious there. This being said I think this is bass done right, but basshead might better go the Atlas way. Again very first impressions and not even cycled through my usual test tracks.
  • the mids are very smooth with good separation, while remaining articulate. Not as thick as I would have expected from what I have read, don't misread it - it has proper body and weight - but nowhere near Phantom thickness (ok, comparing to the king of thickness there). It's more akin to the VE8 mids, only a tad warmer which I like a lot. The mids strike a very nice balance between articulation and smoothness making for a very euphonic presentation, it's highly musical. Again layering is great, there is a richness to the sound not in the sense it's detailed and articulate (which it is) but in the realism provided by hearing more layers to the sound. Hard to describe.
  • the highs are just... well sublime! I have never had the pleasure of listening to Andromeda but this sounds like what I read about their treble. There is plenty of detail and just the right amount of sparkle, it bring a lot of air to a signature that could have been on the dark side without them. It's the first IEM since the VE8 that has me wowed by treble... I'd say the VE8 has faster more feathery treble with quicker decay but the Solaris has more weight and body making it also very "tactile" (for lack of a better word). Note linger beautifully when called for and this is something I had only heard on Final Heaven VI. There is a beauty that I think I will enjoy a great deal. It's also absolutely smooth. Amazing...
Now the soundstage, it's not the widest or tallest but the depth is really great and the overall feeling is very holographic and coherent. You don't get a feeling of grand soundstage more like being there with a realism that is really drawing you into the music. I am currently testing a bit of metal listening to Enter Sandman I can vouch that the Solaris is smooth as hell, and the imaging is something to behold I am hearing things in terms of how instruments are panning somewhat diagonally I can understand why @Jackpot77 mentioned that Solaris was Moebius like in that 3D ability to render the origin of sound.

There is something reminiscent of the qualities that had me love the U12 (the first of the name, the one with ADEL) only with much better transparency and infinitely better treble.

25mn listening I know those are something very special and unique, I have a smile on my face and shivers down my spine no less!
Now of to proper listening as it's very raw impressions but consider me very impressed congrats @KB

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #519 of 12,035
yup this gives you an idea of the bore diameter vs the spin fit bi-flange

Awesome, thanks. Looks like it will provide good insertion/isolation without negatively impacting the listening experience. Too bad it's OOS....I'll find them somewhere though!

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #520 of 12,035
Oct 31, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #521 of 12,035
So, sound... out of the box, unburnt and just the 5mn impressions which are absolutely raw :
  • the bass is well extended, nice sub bass and lots lots of texture it's a rich bass very "tactile" it draws you in the music. There is a "presence" that is indeed speaker like. The bass quality is off the charts it's the richest textures I ever had the pleasure to listen to. And one thing struck me : how layered the bass is, oh my! On the flipside it's not very tight and I'd like a touch more control right now but I expect burn in will settle it, I remember the Vega burn in process so I'll be very cautious there. This being said I think this is bass done right, but basshead might better go the Atlas way. Again very first impressions and not even cycled through my usual test tracks.
  • the mids are very smooth with good separation, while remaining articulate. Not as thick as I would have expected from what I have read, don't misread it - it has proper body and weight - but nowhere near Phantom thickness (ok, comparing to the king of thickness there). It's more akin to the VE8 mids, only a tad warmer which I like a lot. The mids strike a very nice balance between articulation and smoothness making for a very euphonic presentation, it's highly musical. Again layering is great, there is a richness to the sound not in the sense it's detailed and articulate (which it is) but in the realism provided by hearing more layers to the sound. Hard to describe.
  • the highs are just... well sublime! I have never had the pleasure of listening to Andromeda but this sounds like what I read about their treble. There is plenty of detail and just the right amount of sparkle, it bring a lot of air to a signature that could have been on the dark side without them. It's the first IEM since the VE8 that has me wowed by treble... I'd say the VE8 has faster more feathery treble with quicker decay but the Solaris has more weight and body making it also very "tactile" (for lack of a better word). Note linger beautifully when called for and this is something I had only heard on Final Heaven VI. There is a beauty that I think I will enjoy a great deal. It's also absolutely smooth. Amazing...
Now the soundstage, it's not the widest or tallest but the depth is really great and the overall feeling is very holographic and coherent. You don't get a feeling of grand soundstage more like being there with a realism that is really drawing you into the music. I am currently testing a bit of metal listening to Enter Sandman I can vouch that the Solaris is smooth as hell, and the imaging is something to behold I am hearing things in terms of how instruments are panning somewhat diagonally I can understand why @Jackpot77 mentioned that Solaris was Moebius like in that 3D ability to render the origin of sound.

There is something reminiscent of the qualities that had me love the U12 (the first of the name, the one with ADEL) only with much better transparency and infinitely better treble.

25mn listening I know those are something very special and unique, I have a smile on my face and shivers down my spine no less!
Now of to proper listening as it's very raw impressions but consider me very impressed congrats @KB
Impressions from the place which must not be named state that the bass and treble improve upon burn in.

I am a little worried about the mids but I'll know for sure in a few hours.

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #522 of 12,035
Yup, that’s pretty reasonable in the realm of HeadFi? Hahaa!

Yeah well, even inaccurate I think it's good to document the first impressions anyway :)

Wow my serial number SRS00010 would mean it's only the 10th Solaris built?

Impressions from the place which must not be named state that the bass and treble improve upon burn in.
I am a little worried about the mids but I'll know for sure in a few hours.
Ha ha yes I have read that. Worried about what exactly?
I don't hear any issue with the mids :)

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #523 of 12,035
Yeah well, even inaccurate I think it's good to document the first impressions anyway :)

Wow my serial number SRS00010 would mean it's only the 10th Solaris built?

Ha ha yes I have read that. Worried about what exactly?
I don't hear any issue with the mids :)
I need dat thickness. I need dat warmth. The only reason I didn't have an Andro even though all my friends had one is because of those thin mids.

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #524 of 12,035
I need dat thickness. I need dat warmth. The only reason I didn't have an Andro even though all my friends had one is because of those thin mids.

Beware my remark was comparing to the Phantom which is so thick some people can't click with them... doesn't mean Solaris doesn't have thickness.
Did you consider the U12 thick?

So are you completely blown away, or just happy? I'm talking first impression here of course.

If you've read the impressions above you know : I am blown away!
And even more so as I go through my test tracks... everything sounds great :)

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #525 of 12,035
Yes U12 was thick, imo the perfect amount would be a little less than U12.
I think I kinda remember Phantom, I thought it had this bass response that kinda punched you with all its might like 2 big subwoofers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back