Campfire - Solaris
Mar 16, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #4,112 of 12,035
How big are your ears? Height and whether you have an abnormal head would help. :)

I edited my post for you...lol. TLDR I'm a fairly big dude. Even Travis at Headphone bar said this was a match made in heaven fit wise.

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #4,113 of 12,035
I think Solaris will pick up noise with pretty much anything, it's more sensitive than even Andro when it comes to hiss.

I don't know man I'm not hearing anything and I'm usually pretty OCD about that sort of thing

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #4,114 of 12,035
So this happened. So help me God I'm in love. In short: It's Andro plus bass. All the pinpoint precision, holography and space of Andromeda plus the robust and solid low end of the Atlas. Time will tell if I'll keep both or not, but I think I've found my endgame. Out and about now, will post more later.

Congrats!

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #4,115 of 12,035
Sitting on the ferry home with the biggest smile on my face...these things are making me so happy. The Atlas was everything I thought I wanted...the Solaris is everything I thought I wanted plus everything I didn't know I wanted.

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #4,116 of 12,035
Sitting on the ferry home with the biggest smile on my face...these things are making me so happy. The ‘XXXXX’ was everything I thought I wanted...the Solaris is everything I thought I wanted plus everything I didn't know I wanted.

Pretty much my thoughts when I first heard the Solaris.
Also now when I use them.

:)

Enjoy

Mar 16, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #4,117 of 12,035
So this happened. So help me God I'm in love. In short: It's Andro plus bass. All the pinpoint precision, holography and space of Andromeda plus the robust and solid low end of the Atlas. Time will tell if I'll keep both or not, but I think I've found my endgame. Out and about now, will post more later.
Wow Congratulations

How's the Hibby R6 Pro Solaris pairing?
I think is confirm, will pick up Hiss, u can check from past pages

If you were talking to me I don't know as it's not available in Canada yet. I'll probably have to hold off on my DAP dreams for a bit as a consequence of my purchase today. That said they sound beautiful out of my M9...not a whiff of hiss.
M9, nice.... must add to my next DAP quest

The Fiio M11 is coming out this month and is in that price range. It has the same two DAC chips as my M9 which doesn't hiss at all with Solaris.
Yup... eager to try.... what I love is the option of all Jack, 2.5, 3.5 and 4.4

Sitting on the ferry home with the biggest smile on my face...these things are making me so happy. The Atlas was everything I thought I wanted...the Solaris is everything I thought I wanted plus everything I didn't know I wanted.

I assumed u dont mind with the amount of Solaris's bass then...

Mar 16, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #4,118 of 12,035
I said Andro not Atlas :p The Z1R is competing with the Solaris and my point was more that you can buy two Campfire flagships for the price of one of Campfire's. I love Sony products but they've always been (imho) over priced.
I would say the M9 is more of a competitor to the Solaris than the much more expensive Z1R.

Mar 16, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #4,119 of 12,035
fokta said:
I assumed u dont mind with the amount of Solaris's bass then...

Will address this in a more detailed post later. In short: no. The bass is perfect.

Mar 16, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #4,120 of 12,035
I would say the M9 is more of a competitor to the Solaris than the much more expensive Z1R.

Perhaps. I was just speaking in terms of each being their respective companies' top tier flagships.

Mar 17, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #4,122 of 12,035
Perfect fit. Just a few hours in but I'm starting to understand why the word 'flawless' has often been summoned in connection with these. Edit: I'm 6'4" with a fairly big head and ears...for anyone wondering :p
Looks great on you :dt880smile:

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #4,124 of 12,035
Campfire Audio display in Headphone Bar, Vancouver 20190316_150547.jpg

Mar 17, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #4,125 of 12,035
Will address this in a more detailed post later. In short: no. The bass is perfect.

The bass is definitely not perfect in terms of impact/air/tonality, it does a lot worse than a lot of other dynamic driver hybrids like the Hyla CE-5 and Sony IER-Z1R that seem to use the dynamic driver alone for the heavy lifting in the bass region. The Solaris' bass is kind of limited in terms of macrodynamics, which is probably due to Campfire Audio seemingly running the BA and dynamic driver in parallel for coherency reasons. Its a conscious trade off on the part of Campfire Audio, doing it like this adds body to the midrange and maintains coherency...but saying that they're perfect is seriously adding a whole lot of sauce.

Not really, the M9 isn't a hybrid (this is important since BAs just don't have the rumble and heft of dynamic drivers) and the Z1R is around the same price range as the Solaris in a lot of regions outside of North America.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back