Campfire - Solaris
Mar 16, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #4,081 of 12,035
To me the strong point of the Z1R is the mid range. It has a sense of realism. I really don’t think it is u/v shape.

Mar 16, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #4,082 of 12,035
To me the strong point of the Z1R is the mid range. It has a sense of realism. I really don’t think it is u/v shape.

How does it compare to Solaris?

Mar 16, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #4,083 of 12,035
The size of the big sound stage of Solaris was immediately noticible. Has anybody heard bigger sound stage on iem than the Solaris? I recall Tralucent 1plus2 from years ago that took me by surpise on the sound stage size for an iem, but not entirely sure which is bigger.

Well I guess iSine iem will have bigger, but it's open. I'm talkin about sealed with bass port being ok.

Just reading the discriptions of 1plus2, and it utilizes 10mm dynamic driver as does the Solaris. So, the sound stage size is due to the implimentation of a bigger than usual dynamic driver?

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #4,084 of 12,035
The size of the big sound stage of Solaris was immediately noticible. Has anybody heard bigger sound stage on iem than the Solaris? I recall Tralucent 1plus2 from years ago that took me by surpise on the sound stage size for an iem, but not entirely sure which is bigger.

Well I guess iSine iem will have bigger, but it's open. I'm talkin about sealed with bass port being ok.

Just reading the discriptions of 1plus2, and it utilizes 10mm dynamic driver as does the Solaris. So, the sound stage size is due to the implimentation of a bigger than usual dynamic driver?

The Sony IER-Z1R has way bigger soundstage then Solaris.

Mar 16, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #4,085 of 12,035
Well Fiio M11 will be my next target for DAP QUEST....

The cable with multiple adapter will be nice also..

Additional Impression of Gummies (bear) foam. Sad to say, I forget that I have irritation problem with foam.... and get back to my Silicon tip....

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #4,087 of 12,035

An extra $1000 where I'm from. That said I've learned to take everything that guy says with a massive grain of salt. At the very least it's obvious we have different ideas of what a good IEM should sound like. Fortunately I'll be able to demo the Solaris (in a matter of hours woop woop) so I'll be able to decide for myself if it's worth the $$ or not.

Mar 16, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #4,089 of 12,035
For me, importing Solaris would be slightly cheaper than buying the Z1R at full price locally (about 1~200USD). With a local distributor, I think Solaris would cost more.

I think Sony's prices are fairly similar worldwide because it's Sony, whereas with smaller brands, you're really reliant on each distributor to not be too greedy.
(I understand that it's not quite that simple for distributors, who have to balance MOQs/manufacturer relationships with local demand/consumer relationships, but it can and does get out of hand at times.)

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #4,090 of 12,035
Very little regarding the sound of the Z1R in the last 25 pages of its thread. Never seen that before actually, and some people have it. One thing some owners are pushing is that you need a really good DAP for it, I see daps north of $3000 being mentioned, but there was one person who wrote the $800 Hiby R6 Pro paired well with it. I'm really starting to get confused over soundstage claims. ACheah claims the Z1R has "a way bigger soundstage" than the Solaris. Are we still in the smaller than the HD650 relativity world, lol? Expansive means small, way bigger than expansive means small, and I don't bat an eye at the range of the HD650.

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #4,091 of 12,035

If you take a look back in the thread both of those posts have been discussed at length and it started a very heated debate. The only way to know if you really like an iem or headphone is to listen to it yourself. Campfire has a 15 day return policy for this reason.

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #4,092 of 12,035
At this point I'm considering the Z1R too, but am getting scared of wasting a lot of money. The 15-day return window is small, by the way. 150 hours of burn-in amount to one week of non-stop playing. What's the summary of the discussions over those posts?

Mar 16, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #4,093 of 12,035
At this point I'm considering the Z1R too, but am getting scared of wasting a lot of money. The 15-day return window is small, by the way. 150 hours of burn-in amount to one week of non-stop playing. What's the summary of the discussions over those posts?

Regarding burn-in, I'd say try the IEM and if you don't like it within the return window, just go ahead and return it. Don't talk yourself into keeping something you're not happy with because of the possibility that you'll like it X hours later.

Mar 16, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #4,094 of 12,035
I have been burned few times by these magnificent reviews basically to promote the products. You really have to listen yourself to decide what is best for you.

This isn't most cheapest hobby because it isn't something you can go to shop and try out at your convenience. You are exposed to taking a risk of spending big per hyped up promotion or someone else preference.

Mar 16, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #4,095 of 12,035
20190316_151018.jpg

So this happened. So help me God I'm in love. In short: It's Andro plus bass. All the pinpoint precision, holography and space of Andromeda plus the robust and solid low end of the Atlas. Time will tell if I'll keep both or not, but I think I've found my endgame. Out and about now, will post more later.

Attachments

• 20190316_150547.jpg
    20190316_150547.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back