Campfire - Solaris
Jan 22, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #3,226 of 12,035
Andromeda S. I upgraded my SE846 to the Andro S and am rocking them for on-the-go use, including gym. Serious improvement in soundstage and clarity, not to mention musicality. Love them.
According to a friend of mine in Tokyo, there are total less than a dozen used Andro S up on the second hand market in Japan, priced around USD1,240~1,260.
Bloody expensive for used ones. :sob:

Jan 22, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #3,227 of 12,035
According to a friend of mine in Tokyo, there are total less than a dozen used Andro S up on the second hand market in Japan, priced around USD1,240~1,260.
Bloody expensive for used ones. :sob:
17311879-vomiting.jpg

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #3,229 of 12,035
So after more time with the custom tips and Solaris... inserting them deeper than first experience (now that I am not scared to stay stuck with them in ear :p) for maximum seal the bass kick is just much much better than with universal tips. I haven’t heard the Atlas but this is a bombastic experience, mid bass quantity is up several notch...but the attack is not as sharp as Vega son non fatiguing. I find mids more gratifying especially vocals with better presence. Only “downside” so to speak is high are a bit tamed, less sparkle... probably akin to the effect you get with foamies only stronger because the density of silicon is higher.

So definitely a very good investment to get custom tips, the bass is really oustanding beyond anything I have heard to date in an IEM this is mind blowingly good... bass is more powerful. The Solaris sound even more speaker like and powerful with custom tips...

Jan 22, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #3,231 of 12,035
So after more time with the custom tips and Solaris... inserting them deeper than first experience (now that I am not scared to stay stuck with them in ear :p) for maximum seal the bass kick is just much much better than with universal tips. I haven’t heard the Atlas but this is a bombastic experience, mid bass quantity is up several notch...but the attack is not as sharp as Vega son non fatiguing. I find mids more gratifying especially vocals with better presence. Only “downside” so to speak is high are a bit tamed, less sparkle... probably akin to the effect you get with foamies only stronger because the density of silicon is higher.

So definitely a very good investment to get custom tips, the bass is really oustanding beyond anything I have heard to date in an IEM this is mind blowingly good... bass is more powerful. The Solaris sound even more speaker like and powerful with custom tips...

They are a pretty good match, aren't they? :wink:

I can confirm Atlas with custom tips is a special experience if you love your bass. Still prefer Solaris in trends of the overs experience, but for some tracks the overall energy and viscerality of the Atlas is just really hard to beat.

Jan 22, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #3,232 of 12,035
Does anybody knows how the Solaris pairs with the AK sp1000cu?

I really like the pairing with the sp1000cu. It 8s very musical with nice highs and the bass has only gotten better after burn in. I don't experience any hiss out of the balanced or se output either. With the se output it seems that there is a small bit more bass though.

Jan 22, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #3,234 of 12,035
WOW.
I’ve been struggling with the Solaris. Fit wasn’t great. Not enough Bass! I was not blown away. I was ready to try something else.

Then I got Comply premium audio pro Tips.

IT IS EVERYTHING I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE!!

Thanks to those in this thread discussing tips. The Bass is insane, everything else seems untouched. I can get a deep insertion that is rock solid even in my Tiny ears!!!!!

Yahoo
TMK

Jan 22, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #3,235 of 12,035
Anybody tested out solaris with fiio q5? Do they hiss or would I have to get an ifi iematch?

Also to all the foam tip users out there, do you use the stock ones or comply?
I am currently using comply isolation tips in size small although with other iems I use a medium... T-400 I believe ....comfort has increased significantly and theres no pressure on my canals....All the other tips left my ears kind of sore...Bass is absoutley perfect....rumbles low and deep with sufficient impact without me ever being fatigued

Yesterday I had a 3 1/2 hour constant listening session on the train and I never adjusted them once and sometimes just forgot they were in my ears....I think its because the only contact made is in my ear canal.....most comfortable and best sounding Ive ever used.....My girlfriend says I love the Solatis more than her and maybe shes right....I'm now excited to try those custom tips :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #3,236 of 12,035
I am currently using comply isolation tips in size small although with other iems I use a medium... T-400 I believe ....comfort has increased significantly and theres no pressure on my canals....All the other tips left my ears kind of sore...Bass is absoutley perfect....rumbles low and deep with sufficient impact without me ever being fatigued

Yesterday I had a 3 1/2 constant listening session on the train and I never adjusted them once and sometimes just forgot they were in my ears....I think its because the only contact made is in my ear canal.....most comfortable and best sounding Ive ever used.....My girlfriend says I love the Solatis more than her and maybe shes right....I'm now excited to try those custom tips :ksc75smile:

How's you feel about wearing them in public?

Jan 22, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #3,238 of 12,035
99% of the population dont care, dont know what you have on. The other 1% know but dont rob people

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #3,240 of 12,035
Here I dont think people know how expensive they might be so I use them as is and I actually love looking at the gold....They are just a beautiful set of earphones but definitely I get stares and double takes when on the subway in NY....people even look at the cable.... I was out of the country for about 3 weeks and I covered the gold with first aid tape and no one really paid any attention

Users who are viewing this thread

Back