Campfire - Solaris
Nov 15, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #1,531 of 12,035
Man the Solaris have seriously changed my viewpoint of what IEMs can sound like. Before Solaris I always thought I had to make compromises with them, it was simply impossible to get TOTL sound in the realm of what a high end headphone can give you in a portable ecosystem. The Solaris changes everything. These monitors can give you sound you'd be hard pressed to find even with a $2k+ headphone rig.

They're so ****ing good. I am thrilled still.

Nov 15, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #1,532 of 12,035
So the one aspect people arent talking about. I thought I would mention it. I know people are selling off thier Andromedas and Atlas in order to get a Solaris. Which with all the positive impressions. Why not right?

You might want to hold onto your Andromedas for one reason and one reason only. This is just my opinion but. The Solaris is just too nice to carry around outdoors not to mention they remind me of the fit that was on the TF10 of all earphones. They stick out.

I am using my Andromeda S for on the go with ease in fact I feel the Andromeda S was made to be used outdoors since they isolate so damn well and sound fantastic outdoors. Taking the Solaris out and about is begging for something to happen. Some food for thought.

I feel they are more for stationary use vs being moble due to these factors. I would not feel secure walking around with them in my ears is my point.

Nov 15, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #1,533 of 12,035
So the one aspect people arent talking about. I thought I would mention it. I know people are selling off thier Andromedas and Atlas in order to get a Solaris. Which with all the positive impressions. Why not right?

You might want to hold onto your Andromedas for one reason and one reason only. This is just my opinion but. The Solaris is just too nice to carry around outdoors not to mention they remind me of the fit that was on the TF10 of all earphones. They stick out.

I am using my Andromeda S for on the go with ease in fact I feel the Andromeda S was made to be used outdoors since they isolate so damn well and sound fantastic outdoors. Taking the Solaris out and about is begging for something to happen. Some food for thought.

I feel they are more for stationary use vs being moble due to these factors. I would not feel secure walking around with them in my ears is my point.
Black tape is your friend.

Nov 15, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #1,536 of 12,035
You guys are funny. I live in a gentrifying neighborhood in Philadelphia and I don’t think twice about walking around with them in. Thieves are far more likely to take notice of that brand new iPhone than they are earbuds. Everyone knows an iPhone is $, while most assume Beats are the most expensive headphones out.

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #1,538 of 12,035
I just noticed that Symbio comes in normal and wide bore, what are people using with their Solaris?

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #1,539 of 12,035
I just noticed that Symbio comes in normal and wide bore, what are people using with their Solaris?

Don't use the normal bore as Solaris and Andromeda's bore diameter is equal to the wide bore diameter

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #1,540 of 12,035
Joining in with the peeled off Symbio bandwagon:

45900176341_7573b61057_k_d.jpg

Nov 15, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #1,541 of 12,035
So it has been 2 days on the burn in and they sound tighter in general but that bass. It is so right. Even the drum hits have texture. That decay is about as real as it gets.
These are so damn musical. Each instrument has its own space to work with. The imagery is soo good. Neutral be damned these are so engaging to listen to. So happy these don't sound analytical or clinical to my ears. If immersion is why we get into this hobby. I can't think of a better tool to get you into your music. These are awesome sauce in so many ways. If your gonna buy one earphone this year. My vote goes toward the Solaris.

And trance sound soo damn good. Lol. Warning. Mature audiences only!

Nov 16, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #1,543 of 12,035
So it has been 2 days on the burn in and they sound tighter in general but that bass. It is so right. Even the drum hits have texture. That decay is about as real as it gets.
These are so damn musical. Each instrument has its own space to work with. The imagery is soo good. Neutral be damned these are so engaging to listen to. So happy these don't sound analytical or clinical to my ears. If immersion is why we get into this hobby. I can't think of a better tool to get you into your music. These are awesome sauce in so many ways. If your gonna buy one earphone this year. My vote goes toward the Solaris. And trance sound soo damn good. Lol. Warning. Mature audiences only!

I told you guys :D You nailed it in a few words there!

Yesterday I was listening to Manu Katché "Unstatic" and the whole album is a treat with the Solaris, exactly what I meant when I said textures are off the charts :grin: I have never appreciated drummers as much as I am now!
Yes trance, dubstep, EDM sound great and I am listening to those again it had been a while... but the quality bass is so good you want to have the subwoofer like bass :man_dancing:

Also many albums where I discover how "flat" they sounded before the Solaris, the 3Dness is amazing...

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #1,544 of 12,035
So the one aspect people arent talking about. I thought I would mention it. I know people are selling off thier Andromedas and Atlas in order to get a Solaris. Which with all the positive impressions. Why not right? You might want to hold onto your Andromedas for one reason and one reason only. This is just my opinion but. The Solaris is just too nice to carry around outdoors not to mention they remind me of the fit that was on the TF10 of all earphones. They stick out. I am using my Andromeda S for on the go with ease in fact I feel the Andromeda S was made to be used outdoors since they isolate so damn well and sound fantastic outdoors. Taking the Solaris out and about is begging for something to happen. Some food for thought. I feel they are more for stationary use vs being moble due to these factors. I would not feel secure walking around with them in my ears is my point.

I still have the TF10 in a drawer :wink:
The Solaris don't stick out so much when you have big ears and canal like me you can push them all the way (yes they do stick out a bit) but I guess it won't be most people.
The thing on the go is that those lightweight aluminium shells don't isolate well even with a good seal.

Suprised that Andromeda S mirror like shells would not shine even brighter than the Solaris :wink: the gold plating is not that shiny in the end, but yes they stick more.
What does interest me is the difference in signatures as before the Solaris got out I was looking at Andromeda S :)

You can sell the stock ones for a good price. They are Super Litz 4200 worth of money. I tried my old IEMatch adapter. I noticed a big improvement in bass.

4200? Did you add a zero there?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #1,545 of 12,035
I still have the TF10 in a drawer :wink:
The Solaris don't stick out so much when you have big ears and canal like me you can push them all the way (yes they do stick out a bit) but I guess it won't be most people.
The thing on the go is that those lightweight aluminium shells don't isolate well even with a good seal.

Suprised that Andromeda S mirror like shells would not shine even brighter than the Solaris :wink: the gold plating is not that shiny in the end, but yes they stick more.
What does interest me is the difference in signatures as before the Solaris got out I was looking at Andromeda S :)

4200? Did you add a zero there?
Yea unlike most people, Solaris is one of those rare few IEMs that sit absolutely perfect in my big ears. IEMs like Vega are too small for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back