Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jan 29, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #2,521 of 5,394
Hi all. I've previoisly had the SE535 and X1. Reading here and elsewhere I think the vega matches my ideal sound, so I went ahead and bought a pair. Waiting for it to arrive any day now. I've also read several times here that above a certain price point, DAPs really show diminishing returns, and I have therefore decided to pair it with an X5III (I've pre-ordered it, dunno when it will arrive) primarily due to streaming tidal. From a budget perspective, 25% spent on DAP of total seems optimal.

My question is: am I making a huge mistake on the DAP (assuming it is an upgrade of X5II) or will the combo be a sufficient upgrade to "wow" me for the next 12 months, at which point I could probably switch dap again...

Any replies greatly appreciated... Thanks!
I have heard neither X5 II or III but I can tell you the DAC chip on the three is certainly different soundwise, as it had a very recognizable liquid and airy signature.

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #2,522 of 5,394
I am heavily considering Dorado instead of Vega for pop music

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #2,523 of 5,394
For pop the Dorado might sound better I agree, but good bass kick and psy/ Goa the Vega's can not be beaten Shpongle in particular Tales of the inexpressible album and the track Around the world in a tea daze truly shines through all the instruments and music styles used in one track its my reference track when comparing high quality IEMs.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #2,525 of 5,394
Mother of all things holy: I've been listening to the Vegas for a couple of days now (from iPhone and Mac, still waiting for the Fiio 5iii) and this is so much more than expected. I honestly didn't think it would be possible to sound this good. Daft Punk's "Alive" is now simply off limits for me at work as there is no way for me to concentrate as I get immediately drawn in to the concert-hall that is my head. That. Bass.

Mind. Blown!

Thanks head-fi for giving me confidence on making this choice. Now I will need to delete my account here and never come back or you'll likely to convince me to spend more of my slush-fund on head-kandy!

Best part of all this - I haven't even tried it with a proper DAP yet. So from here the only way is up!

Head-Fi - inspiring great experiences and leaner bank accounts!

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #2,526 of 5,394
Mother of all things holy: I've been listening to the Vegas for a couple of days now (from iPhone and Mac, still waiting for the Fiio 5iii) and this is so much more than expected. I honestly didn't think it would be possible to sound this good. Daft Punk's "Alive" is now simply off limits for me at work as there is no way for me to concentrate as I get immediately drawn in to the concert-hall that is my head. That. Bass.

Mind. Blown!

Thanks head-fi for giving me confidence on making this choice. Now I will need to delete my account here and never come back or you'll likely to convince me to spend more of my slush-fund on head-kandy!

Best part of all this - I haven't even tried it with a proper DAP yet. So from here the only way is up!

So good :wink:... we are so happy with how things are going with the Vega, both pro reviews and customer feedback was and is everything we had hoped for.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 1, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #2,527 of 5,394

Mind. Blown!

They are truly amazing! Even though they are just tiny little IEM's I feel like I can feel the thumping in my body sometimes when listening.

I'm just amazed they can deliver such a signature and yet still sound perfectly natural and so transparent.

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #2,528 of 5,394
Hi everybody,
My question is the following. How do you find the stock cable? Do you think it is possible to slightly soften the basses with a different cable.
I have a P1 cowon and I listen mainly to extreme metal, electronic (IDM, downtempo ...) and many ambient music (shoegaze, postrock, psyche, dark ambient, indus, noisy ... etc ...)
Thank you for your valuable answers.

Feb 1, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #2,529 of 5,394
  Hi everybody,
My question is the following. How do you find the stock cable? Do you think it is possible to slightly soften the basses with a different cable.
I have a P1 cowon and I listen mainly to extreme metal, electronic (IDM, downtempo ...) and many ambient music (shoegaze, postrock, psyche, dark ambient, indus, noisy ... etc ...)
Thank you for your valuable answers.

Burning in the drivers has tightened them up in my opinion.  How long have you been running your Vegas?

I'm looking to upgrade cables, mostly to go balanced, but I think the stock cable is pretty good.  I usually go silver just for conductivity reasons.

We share a lot of taste in music.  Currently listening to Lustmord - Babel.  Pretty haunting on Vega.  I like.

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #2,530 of 5,394
As I understand you ... lustmord with the Vega ouaaahhh ... the vega are almost roamed I think. The only fault I find is this fault in the high medium

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #2,531 of 5,394
My idea of the cable was to try to thin a little Vega. Bass sometimes take up a lot of space in  the soundstage

Feb 2, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #2,532 of 5,394
My idea of the cable was to try to thin a little Vega. Bass sometimes take up a lot of space in  the soundstage
My idea for an upgrade cable is to increase the bass from the Vega.

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #2,533 of 5,394

Code:
[left] I don't understand, you can tell me more[/left]

Feb 3, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #2,534 of 5,394
Got my Ref8 balanced, the Vega now sing even better :D

In particular depth is now simply amazing comparing to the Whiplash TWcu v3. Better transparency and clarity as well. I find highs are very refined and mids are a tad fuller and smoother and very detailed. Lows have better texture.

Low footprint for 8 strands and build similar to the Litz which is good, also very comfortable. I need more time with it but it's a great start :)

Feb 3, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #2,535 of 5,394
Would you like some cables unbalanced ? I have a cowon p1so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back